Do how the Fan Settings Work?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Tier, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Tier

Tier New Member

How do the Fan Settings Work?

I'm new too this and i need a way to cool my GPU.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

What are your system specs?

3. Tier

Tier New Member

P4 2.5ghz
    Geforce6800
    768mb Ram

Thats really all you need to know.I'm just asking how to change my fan settings using rivaturner.

4. Unwinder

If you have reference design 6800U with reference design _software_controllable_ fan - you can open driver-level fan control tab:

Main tab -> Customize driver -> System settings -> Fan

And set independent fan speeds for 2D, LowPower3D and 3D modes.
    Keep in mind that it may not work if hardware vendor replaced cooling system with own one (e.g. it applies to ASUS and MSI 6800 cards).

5. Tier

Tier New Member

Something might be wrong,i put the settings at max yet theres no difference in tempature.

6. wolf68k

wolf68k Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GS 256MB AGP 400
    I've noticed this that at idle the temps don't change much but under load there is a noticable difference.

With my stock cooler I idled around 61C and under load it would reach 85C with ease and get to 90C from to time but on the average the load was around 88C.
    When I followed this guide (sorry but I forget offhand who maded that guide, but I know he is on the forums here) to make the Performance3D fan speed increase as the temperature increased I stayed closer between 80-85C.

I have since switched to an Arctic-Cooling NV Silencer 5 rev3 and my load temps are around 75 at the extreme max, mostly sticking around 71-73C. When I get a case with better airflow I should see those drop a bit more.
    The idle only dropped down to 57-58C, at 100% I'm seeing quick drops to 56C, so I would guess it's really around 56.5C

7. Tier

Tier New Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  8. Unwinder

Am I just wasting the forum space by writing the postings, whcih are absolutely not read by anybody? Or am I talking to people unable to read?

Reread my posting: