Do gamers really need a sound card?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ESlik, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    They're not a bad price either to be honest. I'll have to look into them further.

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The only problem per say is the way that they presented what they were saying, because most of what they said was true and they even mentioned making other videos where they would go into a deeper explanation of the technical terms and jargon.

But lets hope their next videos clear it up better and hopefully they bring in some equipment to show what is happening and explain it well.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    No actually. It really wasn't.

They had absolutely no clue what they were talking about, and neither of them was qualified to make the statements made. They touched upon one or two truths, the majority was horse piss.

4. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    My sound card is so important to me, I purposely got a lower tier motherboard just so I could have a PCI slot to use my Xonar ST. To this day, I'm still amazed at the quality of sound this thing puts out with my HD595's. It is so eerily lifelike at times, I've found myself questioning whether the sound was coming from my room or outside. I had fears my card would have issues with Windows 8 but the card works perfectly. Not a single sound issue with any game or program.

With that said, some of the newer mobo's I've seen look to have impressive sound hardware. High quality DAC's, capacitors and headphone amps. These mobo's would probably be on par with entry level sound cards. This is just an assumption though.

5. fasteddy

fasteddy Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
    I've used my onboard audio for the past couple of builds and had always been happy with it.

Then I got some decent speakers, hmmm!

6. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well you should get a decent soundcard too.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I been using an onboard realtek sound card 10 year and a my 15 year old ACS 48 2.1 speakers . but then i came from sb live value card and heard no difference from SB live value to a onboard realtek.

Im sure those highend Sound card are better but to me pointless as I either use those 15year old ACS 48 or headphones which i use alt more.

Unless I actual get around to buying one of the Klipsh 2.1 speakers I always want i see no point in spend the extra cash on soundcard I wont hear difference with

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  8. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    well i like my room to be quiet, reason is, my headphones are not closed.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Yes, if you care for gfx then you should for sound too. You aren't deft are you? :D

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You would need to have extreme sound in the area for that to be an issue.

11. fasteddy

fasteddy Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
    I did, the decent speakers showed me what I'd been missing by using the onboard audio.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    serious or joking?

13. Ashrak

Ashrak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270x
    think hes serious mate