Do any GPUs have DVI-I these days?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by miffywiffy, Sep 21, 2016.

1. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    I realy need a modern one with an analogue out but they've become impossible to find these days, I'm still clinging onto my 24 inch Sony CRT and a couple others that are analogue.

Thanx.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Nope. AMD dropped DVI-I support a while ago and PASCAL cards don't support them anymore.

Might have to get a maxwell, believe those still support analog.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Can't you use an adapter? I recall doing that years ago with an old monitor

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    A passive adapter won't work on a newer card that doesn't have analog support.

It would need to be an active adapter, quite expensive and adds latency.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I think DVI-I is being droped very few current gen cards do DVD-I. I seen 1 from msi that supports it.

Which to me is saddening, my HDTV has RGB/VGA port that I use with current GPU DVI-I with converter to feed my pc to tv.

If I buy new GPU i am forced to use HDMI, I dont have any open HDMI ports left which means I need to swap cables when I wana use my pc , or I buy new UHDTV with atlest 4 hdmi ports, or I buy new AV-unit with HDMI pass threw support that can at as switch.

I get why they droping but it still saddening, I just wish HDTV/UHDTV supported DP for PC connections

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    The flat TVs have such a pitiful sound that you need a home theater amplifier (with decent speakers) in any case. My years old Onkyo was from the cheaper part of the selection, yet it still has 3 HDMI-in ports (one out with ARC). I doubt these days you'll even find one with less than 4 HDMI-ins from worthwhile manufacturers and models.