DNA Vs Omega 3rd Party Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by JayM026, Dec 9, 2003.

1. JayM026

JayM026 Guest

I have downloaded both and am undecided in which i want to install, i own the ATI Built Radeon 9800XT 256mb Video Card, the graphics are great, but i have 2 complaints. One Some Games Dont Work, like Star Trek Starfleet Command 3 It plays but the phasers fire, but theres just ligt, no actual beam shown. And IN alot of games the text isnt readable, like not during the game but some loading screens and somtimes during the game, its like fuzzy. I wanna install these 3rd party drivers just to see how well the video card will run if at all better. Anyone install these drivers for there card, somwhere around near the model close to mine or any ati radeon 9-00 Series?

2. k0diak

k0diak Guest

3 letters DNA :)

3. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    I prefer the interface of the Omega's. But when you run both, performance and IQ are nearly identical.

4. Devache

Devache Member Guru

GPU:
    Hercules ATI Radeon 9000Pro 128Mb
    ATI already commended Omega on its great drivers.

Nuff said when the owner says someone else builds better drivers than itself.

Stick with Omega, it won't let you down.

5. JAGGEDUK

JAGGEDUK Guest

Prefer DNA myself, altho i dont see any difference in speeds between the two.

6. Vxheous

Vxheous Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    what version of Cat are you using for SFC 3? I have the game too, although i haven't played it since switching over to a Radeon....but i'll go test it, and see what happens.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I prefer stock drivers. Catalyst 3.9 is the choice :p

8. Floruro

Floruro Guest

Omega

Try the difference between Omega and stock ATi drivers in Star Wars KOTOR. The difference is HUGE. BTW Star Wars KOTOR is amazing :)