DNA-Force 3.7.16316x32 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by KillerSneak, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Xtrme
    I'm using the steam version and I haven't had a problem w/ any drivers. I've used 163.44 and 162.18. I overclock my cpu too. Not my cards though.

2. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060

its very strange but finally y dont have any more frezze i dont know what hapend :approval: but i think the two first level cause me that isues
    anyway thanks a lot for the tips

cya

3. Uxe

Uxe New Member

GPU:
    7900 GS 256 mb
    Hm. i've installed this driver.
    I'm playing WoW, but when i move on, i see several lines on the monitor like if there is a mobile phone near. Sorry for bad english:puke3:. Any idea?

4. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    i think yo have vsync off try to put in on and try again

cya and good luck

5. Uxe

Uxe New Member

GPU:
    7900 GS 256 mb
    v sync on.

same problem

6. xpgeek

xpgeek New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7600 GS 512mb
    Tried these, and they have the widescreen bug :( 1440x900 resolution here and it totally displays it wrong. Can't wait for newer set beyond this bug.

7. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    WoW is very sensitive to a negative LOD bias. Check to see if you are using a neg. LOD bias. If so, change it to no bias and use AF instead.

8. Uxe

Uxe New Member

GPU:
    7900 GS 256 mb

i have a wide screen too in that resolution maybe is there the problem

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Whats your pci latencey? If it's 32 try setting it to 64 for your Souncard and Video Card or one or the other. I know that has helped in a few cases(including mine). I Also are you undervolting your cpu? 1.47v seems rather low for an Athlon 64 running at 2.7Ghz.... That causes freezes sometimes if your CPU isn't getting enough juice.....

Also Malonn is there a way to adjust quality settings say from Quality to High Quality without reinstalling the drivers?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  10. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Sure, with a tweak utility (RivaTuner, of course is recommended). The difference between quality and high quality is only the AA and AF settings (all of them - gamma, transparency, etc.). Use RT and adjust however you see fit.
    I was working on a tweaking app that will give you a "one-click change" from the 3 different versions, but it's been put on the back burner for now. I'll get around to finishing it some time. But RT is always the best solution.

11. Frostmonkey

Frostmonkey New Member

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GS AGP @ 500mhz/1.5ghz
    Love the XP drivers, however I just upgraded to ultimate x64 - so far so good. Any idea as to when/if Vista x64 D.N.A. drivers will be released? Thanks!

12. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Real soon...I'm sorting out install issues...this week I should release 163.67 based drivers for XP/Vista 32/64

13. Y|yukichigai

Y|yukichigai New Member

GPU:
    GeForce Go 7900 GTX
    Niggly little obscure problem (Quadro NVS 400)

So far these drivers have been rocking my world on several of my machines. (All running XP x64) My laptop in particular (running a Go 7900 GTX) seems to run everything exceedingly well using this version, save for BioShock. (obviously) The only problem I'm having is on my OTHER system, which has a Quadro NVS 400 as a secondary card. The problem with the NVS 400, I think, is that unlike every other NVS model it's a PCI card, not PCI-Express. The DNA-Force installer will install the drivers for it just fine (supposedly), but as soon as I try to reboot the system crashes almost immediately when it tries to load XP x64. As such for the secondary card I'm stuck using the most recent official ForceWare x64 drivers that support the NVS 400, "recent" being 84.26 from March of last year. (!) I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done to make the next version compatible with the NVS 400, but at the very least you may want to have the installer not attempt to install new drivers if it detects it; had I not had System Restore enabled it would have been one hell of a headache trying to get the machine working again. (Okay, safe mode and an uninstall, but still)

14. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the feedback. You're the first person I heard from with a Quadro card using the DNA-Force drivers. I didn't make any modifications for Quadro cards, so it could be the base driver, as it's not a Quadro driver. I'll keep what you said in mind for the future.

Thanks

15. Y|yukichigai

Y|yukichigai New Member

GPU:
    GeForce Go 7900 GTX
    As far as I know all the ForceWare packages clear through to the latest beta supported Quadro cards, even the NVS line. (Just not the NVS 400) Supposedly you can use the latest beta drivers for any of the PCI-E based Quadros.

16. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, nvidia claims a "unified driver architecture", but I am not sure why you would be having troubles with these drivers. Because, like I said, I didn't make any Quadro mods. Plus I believe in less is more, so I don't load up the drivers with tweaks just to do it. Try an unmodded version, I guess. See what happens.

17. Y|yukichigai

Y|yukichigai New Member

GPU:
    GeForce Go 7900 GTX
    The unmodified version just plain won't work on my system. While the inf has entries for almost every part of the NVS line (including another PCI version of the Quadro line) it does NOT have anything for the NVS 400, and trying to force it to use drivers for a different model results in the same type of problem. (Thing just plain won't boot)

18. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    If you added your device ID and installed the original driver and it won't install you may be out of luck.

19. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Only adding the DeviceID won;t do much unless it also uses the nV4 settings in the INF file (i doubt it does as it's a PCI card)

If you can show us the last original driver that dit work for your card we could take a look into support for your card

20. Y|yukichigai

Y|yukichigai New Member

GPU:
    GeForce Go 7900 GTX
    The last version I've been able to find was the 84.26 forceware release from last year. (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_84.26.html) However, that's just the last version I could FIND. I notice there is a rather large jump between the most recent quadro driver archive entry and the current version they link to, namely that version I've linked to IS the most current version that shows up in the archive.

Anywho, I haven't tried manually adding the device ID to the INF. I was tempted to play around with it, especially because the current driver does support the NVS 50 and 280 PCI Quadros, but I've not gotten around to it yet. I'd be most appreciative if you guys took a look-see.

EDIT: After some digging, I found the 97.44 Forceware supports it as well. (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_97.44.html)

EDITx2: Umm, something got screwed up with the page apparently. 97.44 doesn't support it, but 93.71 does. (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_93.71.html)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007