DNA-ATi Vista 8.11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by KillerSneak, Dec 9, 2008.

1. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    DNA-ATi VISTA 8.11
    Release Notes
    * Based on the official Catalyst 8.11 drivers
    Added
    + Counter-Strike 1.6 tweaks
    + Special AGP card tweaks
    + Readme / DNA.bat readme option
    Updated
    * DNA.bat installer (Upgrade install and clean install options)
    * Re-done DNA Performance Tweaks.
    * ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3870 Support
    * ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870 Support
    Removed / Deleted
    -

32 BIT
    DNA-ATi Vista 8.11 x32 @ DNA
    64 BIT
    DNA-ATi Vista 8.11 x64 @ DNA

The Pre-Final XP drivers can be found here
    http://www.donotargue.com/page.php?id=805
    If no issues arrise these can be seen as the finals. Due to time constraints i can't fully pass them trough the Beta Testing process (beta testing team)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Hi

┬┐when you release for windows XP?

cya

3. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Hi, hope to finish them before the 8.12's (so later today or tomorrow) if i can't finish them in time, i have to skip the XP's to the 8.12's. Sorry for this.

4. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Ok thanks

cya

5. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    I'm so tempted to try these but,...the last set I had a strange problem with my monitor kept losing signal while playing CoD4.When I tried to fix it by reinstalling drivers I would get black screen at boot problem from dvi frequency.I've figured out how to fix it since then but, man what a pain in the ass!

I'm still not sure what causes the dvi frequency problem I had.I'm afraid to say it was something to do with the drivers to save myself the ridicule.

6. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Sorry to hear that, indeed sounds like a strange problem (when this accures during gameplay) and by reading this it's hard for me to imagine (at the moment) what the problem could be.

7. randomizer

randomizer Master Guru

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Yes that problem happened to me too but not using the modified drivers. the black screen issue happened after i overclocked my gfx card to extreme with no volt modding and stuff and froze and black screen kept happening until i had to plug it to a tv and reduce the frequency.

It happens to anyone with ati card and vista

8. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    Wow, KS, the 8.11 is your first driver, that i can install for my HIS and it works perfect.
    Thanx, KillerSneak.

ablev

9. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    I'm running Vista x64 with a samsung 22" no problems here what so ever.

Good to hear and enjoy

10. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    The Pre-Final XP drivers can be found here
    http://www.donotargue.com/page.php?id=805
    If no issues arrise these can be seen as the finals. Due to time constraints i can't fully pass them trough the Beta Testing process (beta testing team)

11. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Thanks a lot, the drivers work awesome no issues

cya and thanks again

12. Err

Err Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    Awesome that we have more custom driver selection now, but really, I don't get this one:

Honestly, with a game so old, and the fact that everyone using this driver will most likely have a card from a date later than 2000, I really don't see any reason for it. It's like making a jet that can already break the sound barrier go about five more MPH faster. I mean, at the very least, couldn't you have tried to improve something that doesn't already run on a 386? Don't get me wrong, not trying to undermine or flame here, just sounded funny to me.

Other than that, seems like a good deal. Could anyone post any benchmarks in comparison to the latest RC3 of 8.12? Because if there's no difference performance-wise from those, why go back?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  13. cheposhf

cheposhf New Member

GPU:
    ATI RADEON/HD 2600/512mb
    hello thanks a lot and i hope that dna drivers run apropiatly like the others. im from spain and here therea are not much forums about ati's modified driver.
    i only have a qustion. if i pass the modify modder it works better?i only have a little idea youre the experts tell me something. thanks;)

14. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Honestly i have had allot of requests for this I think you don't know how many people still play CS 1.6 and i would really like to see you run CS 1.6 on a 386

It's hard to say if it works better (it should) it depends on the rest of your system but no matter what you should benefit from it (open CCC / open/more tweaks / easy install system) If you want to know anything else please ask (if you need to know something specific)

15. Err

Err Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    I know how many people still play CS 1.6. I know how strong the CS community is. Just that, given the video cards most gamers have, you'd think everyone and their mother could run the game at a constant 500FPS. I've seen integrated video from 2004 run it maxed out at a consistently playable framerate, meaning even your average dell prebuilt could run it with flying colors.

If you get requests for it, though, I suppose my assertions are incorrect. Like I said, not meaning to undermine or ridicule you, and of course your work is greatly appreciated. It's just that, really, a game this old isn't something that's high on the list of priorities as far as games that need a few more FPS squeezed out of them goes.

16. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    The CS 1.6 community indeed is very big and alive. The thing with CS 1.6 is that the performance of the driver / tweaks has impact on the Hit Registration/Weapon recoil :) .. Indeed the tweaks have most impact on old cards (AGP) and with the next DNA-ATi drivers i plan to include the Catalyst 3.8 OpenGL file as thats supposed to be the best/fastest for CS 1.6

This doesn't mean that other games won't benefit from the tweaks / enhancements

17. Err

Err Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    Helps hit registration and weapon recoil? Awesome, I didn't think you'd be able to improve anything like that with video drivers alone.

Rather unfair, though, don't you think? :)

18. BodyAction19

BodyAction19 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950PRO AGP
    Hy 2 all. KillerSneak...i'd like to know what kind of special AGP tweaks have you done to the drivers; i will see a difference on my Sapphire X1950PRO AGP ?

19. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Yeah its not normal for games to have gfx drivers / fps performance impact the spray en hit reg but as you said cs 1.6 is an old game :)

Blending / fastwrite / texture opt / tilling tweaks and much more.

20. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Thx killersneak, keep up the good work. Im not trying to be rude here, but could you please make dna 8.12 little faster?? I know it can take time to fiddle with the drivers, but getting the dna driver just few days before next official release makes this driver to me very un-intresting. I do really like you driver sets, but they do seem to take some time?? Im not trying to be rude, I promise, just asking a friendly question? :) Thx.