DNA ATi 8.7 Vista released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by KillerSneak, Jul 29, 2008.

1. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    @ Zyro

I had a trial now i removed the k lite pack together with media player classic and installed 8.7 whql driver and played the same movies again but in windows media player , guess what............ the problem is severer !!!! so i think it must be something in the driver ???

2. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Saph 4890@1033\1200@1.45V
    now now I cant take all the credit... yer approach gave me the idea and I dont like stealing the spotlight! KillerSneak has done the most work with Ati drivers and my efforts pale compared to his...on that note... Have you tried killersneaks new DNA 8.7? it was released yesterday or the day before I beleive. They may help if you havent tried them yet. I'll try to message KillerSneak and see if he has any insights

And god no yer not interfering with me at work.... it helps the time pass much more quickly doin this stuff which I am very interested in as well as the boring day to day I.T. here fix that, why wont this do that kind of stuff

Zyro

3. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    i tried it hoping it will solve the problem but the problem is still as if i did not change the offical 8.7 driver set , i hope he could help us with that

4. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Have you tried the vista codec pack and its 64 bit extensions?

just got hit with an idea!

U mention K-Lite codec pack I am familiar with it. Have you tried the mega codec pack?

Better yet you should try the Vista codec pack and its 64 bit extensions. Its the one I use as well as Vista 64 Ulty and I dont have the issues you do. The answer must be in the codec pack.... or perhaps in VB runtimes! Do you have the x86 AND x64 releases of the 2005 and 2008 VB runtimes from Microsoft?

heres the link to the vista codec pack.... I dont see the 64 bit extention tho.... it may be finally combined in this pack release but I'll keep diggin and try to verify that for you

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Vista_Codec_Package.htm

Zyro

5. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
  6. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    i do not have the the x86 and x64 releases of the 2008 VB runtimes only 2005 and i will try the vista codec pack but you should not have the same problem as i have 4850 not 4870 as you anyway i will try to get those thing and will let you know the results , thanks

7. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    dunno how much that will affect this....

I'm not sure that the 4850 and 4870 are different enuf to affect the end result in movies! The 4870 and 4850 use the same core etc...the main diff -maybe the only one- is the DDR3 the 4850 uses. Other than that there isnt much else logistically speakin, separating the 4850 from the 4870.

Educate me pls if I'm mistaken

Zyro

PS.... are we thread-jacking? dont wanna upset the OP

also...sorry I asked if you tried the new DNA 8.7.... have alot goin at the same time and "forgot" somehow that we were in that very thread! :stewpid:

8. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    ok i will make a new thread please join me there and i do not know about 4850 and 4870 but i thought they should be different otherwise why the 4850 can not reach the 4870 core clocks (not memory as they are different)

9. Luxury

Luxury Member

GPU:
    2x HIS Radeon 4870 512MB

Yes I like this board and it does have the ability to overclock. I've only had it for a week or so now so I cant really say much else. I havent really taught myself to overclock yet so I cant really say how far this thing goes.

Anyways I'd still like a comment on if these drivers improve crossfire preformace at all for the 48xx series. :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  10. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX

11. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    Anyone got any information of driver performance, IQ and stability?

12. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    With the next releases ill add some benchmark info with the release notes, but i think it's not really reliable if the modder/beta testers (me/dna testers) put's in his own benchmark info.

13. sinister_steve

sinister_steve Active Member

GPU:
    2X ASUS 4850
    Ok so I hope these drivers fix problems with me..as I have two 4850,s in cf and I get lag when there is lots going on in the game ET quake wars,,which I shouldnot be getting ..and ive tried reinstalling many times even reinstalled windows xp but nothing fixes this problem...thanks for making these drivers killer I hope they can help me as well...steve:puke2:

14. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Any word on a XP 32bit version?

15. sinister_steve

GPU:
    2X ASUS 4850

16. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Yea i know, i am using them now. Any word on the DNA ATI xp driver tho?

17. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    well its seems smoother in crysis but thats all dont noticed a difference in any other games

18. sinister_steve

GPU:
    2X ASUS 4850
    hahaha I know .you know .cuzz you told me when I asked about the DNA ones hahahah...And by the way the tweek force ones suck asssss for me ..they wouldnt even load ET quake wars ,,so I changed back to amd ones and fine again...Steve

19. jorgito05

jorgito05 New Member

GPU:
    2 x ATI 2900XT's
    Low fpm on crysis bench???

why so low! 24fps on crysis bench.
    I tested on 1680x1050 res; x4 AA.
    I am running 2 2900xt's on crosfire X eabled. vesion 8.7 catalist.

When in look at the catalist information center, then graphics hardware it shows the primary adapter, then further down the disabled adapter???

Can something be diabled? I am using Windows XP Pro with SP3, my device manager shows both cards, but I did notice that they are both using same IRQ, is this normal?

Why is ther a disabled adapter showing in Catalist "Graphics Hardware".

My Catalist ATI Override showes both cards and I can overclock them, and my device manager sees them, yet when I bench with Crysis only 24fpm.

I thinck this should be allot faster after spending 900 + $$$ on two video card.

Can anyone help me? Maby something wrong in bios, Asus Maximus Formula. Again IRQ's both on 16???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Someone please healp me get these going right! I have both internal crossfire bridges connected and I have net famework 1.1, 1.1 hotfix, 2.0, and 3.0 installed. Also Microsoft visual C ++ 2005 redistributable.

Why so ****ing slow?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  20. busta_dude

busta_dude Active Member

GPU:
    Sapp R9 280x Dual X Stock
    Does this DNA fix AA and AF on HD4870. Coz my Cat 8.7 WHQL AA didn't working from CCC.