Dna 1.9.3.10

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by k0diak, Dec 9, 2003.

1. k0diak

k0diak Guest

2. David

David Guest

based on the 3.10 "beta" drivers. hmmm. i think i will pass

3. JAGGEDUK

JAGGEDUK Guest

Not tried these, thx for the link.

Previous versions of these always work farely well for me, so im always willing to give them ago.

Busy converting my films to dvd atm so have to give them a try later on today.

4. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    buggy installer lol
    didnt recongized my radeon 9800,
    and bug with custom refresh rates.

5. Devache

Devache Member Guru

GPU:
    Hercules ATI Radeon 9000Pro 128Mb
    Stick with omegas,
    they are the way to go...

6. JAGGEDUK

JAGGEDUK Guest

I read on the forum that it doesnt recoginise your card if you do a complete uninstall of ur current drivers before installing.

the install process is remove control panel and install over current driver set you are using.

7. JAGGEDUK

JAGGEDUK Guest

Dont post stupid one liners pls, some ppl like to try out other 3rd party drivers such as DNA, you dont even say you have tried them nor any reasons y you dont like them.

Omega drivers are good yes, but DNA are on par specially with the driver support you get with each release.

Sorry to have ago, but that kind of thing winds me up.

8. bradmax57

bradmax57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 Winforce
    Here Here ;)

9. gexx

gexx Member

GPU:
    ati HIS Radeon 4890
    very nice indeed

asus 9600xt amd athlon xp 2700+ 512 pc2700ddr ram Asus A7N8X mother board installed these drivers and my deus x2 works a charm infact all my games run better..thnkz alot guys much appreciatted. i just uninstalled previous control panel installed the dna drivers over and voila very nice im happy my 2 cents worth.

10. MiSerYsEcHo

MiSerYsEcHo Guest

I'm not one to try 3rd party drivers but...these are nice. No problems installing on my 9800. I didnt install the Rad clocker utility because I use Rage Tweak.

11. k0diak

k0diak Guest

Killersneak from DNA says if you use Rage Tweak it takes away from his settings . just a note :)

12. V_LESTAT

V_LESTAT Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY XLR8 GTX280
    hhm maybe ill try these out since Deus Ex 2 runs like total crap on my rig.
    i mean look at my specs,, plus my 9700 is oc'd. and even at 1024x768 DE 2 is laggy choppy and i have bad shadow artifacts.(not caused by any overclocking since i can unclock my rig and it does the same thing.)

frame rates are TERRIBLE and i mean that in a serious way, they are BAD. only decent frame rates are when im looking down or close to a wall.

i suppose it could be mouse lag or stutter related since we all know a mouse can do everything from cause windows to fail to load,. to cause simple annoying little issues.

13. Devache

Devache Member Guru

GPU:
    Hercules ATI Radeon 9000Pro 128Mb
    Sure I'll take that into consideration into the future.

Don't see the need for the flaming but hey, you're entitled to your opinion.

NOW TO SOME CONSTRUCTIVE OPINION:

OMEGA drivers v3.9 gave me 400 more 3dmark2001se points than the latest DNA's i tried (the 1.839s i believe)

That's for my rig, but it probably varies with cpu to cpu. eg your cpu might give u better satisfaction with the DNA, so kudos to you mate.

Also, omega gave me better performance on my gl-based games (this i dun know why) compared to the dna.

Not to mention the fact that Omega drivers are updated more frequently than DNA. (Oh I see the point about one-liners but no, I'll be magmanimous.. seriously, have you ever spoken to a woman without having to give her ur credit card no?....(think Triumph the insult comic dog guys)

Conclusion for me: Omegas work better for me than DNAs.
    And "If it ain't broke, don't fix it' so if you're doing fine with ur current driver, why change it?

Unless of course you are like funkymonkey and his famous words:
    "If it ain't broke, tweak it!"
    For which the tweaking i recommend rivatuner.

Cheers mate, and hopefully you'll patch up with ur wife.

Oh yeh, Sorry to have a go, but that kind of thing winds me up.

14. Neo-Spike

Neo-Spike Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati 9800 pro
    [
    frame rates are TERRIBLE and i mean that in a serious way, they are BAD. only decent frame rates are when im looking down or close to a wall.

dude did u patch up that sould fix the laggyness plus shadows turned off will fix those grey marks to

15. JAGGEDUK

JAGGEDUK Guest

YA, np, didnt mean to sound like a flame, i was just pointing out that needed some reasons to your post, I guess I could of worded it better.