DmC Devil May Cry coming to PC in 2013

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 22, 2012.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yep, way easier. Though the story is grabbing me and the art direction how its sorta manage to capture the Constantine (the movie with Reeves) special effects quite well, like when your in limbo etc. Could quite happily just grab the movie files and watch them in VLC an still feel like i got my monies worth.

Lol, when
    Virgil
    first appears i was like 'Fassbender! is that you'.

But it kinda feels like its hack'n'slash -> in-game video -> hack'n'slash and so on and so on, Wheres the other DMC's from memory had more exploring to them rather than a singular path to the next cinematic. In saying that though i've only just gotten up to the second time you get pulled into Limbo, so hopefully it opens up more.

Kinda wana go and play DMC 1,2,3,4 now and when i think about it, 1, 2 and 3 are vastly different to 4 and 5 imo. The first 3 have a different feel to them compared to 4 and 5, though i would be hard pressed to decide which is the weakest of the series if someone was to ask as I think all them so far have been loads of fun in each of their own ways yet still have the DMC badassery to them.

As for Capcom's new lead character, good job. He looked like dick when i first seen the screens but he ain't all whiny and bitchy like i expected him to be, quite a cool dude in fact.
    Oh and if theres one game that can get away with using some Wub wub noise's (refuse to call it music), it's this game. I like the way new demons are introduced too.

Final thoughts from my weirdly laid out review -
    If your an old school DMC fan, I get the feeling that this may be your Splinter Cell Chaos Theory vs Splinter cell Conviction, as in the gameplay is just not quite the same but the story is there and told well enough to keep you glued to the screen.
    Its DMC but just doesnt quite feel as gritty, though i suspect that this DMC was just Ninja Thoeries introduction to the series and the next time we see a DMC from them, most probably on the next console, it'll be an even better bad ass DMC then we've seen so far.

8/10
    Missing something, so contrary to my above statement this would have to be the weakest entry to the series, but only for the easier combat.

Also, another top job for a perfect performing port from Capcom as usual.

Buy now.

This game also shows how awesome the U3 engine can look while also showing how ugly it can be, but the nice side is seen more often than not.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I would have to say DMC 2 is the worst, in my opinion. Compared to the others I found it quite boring. I'd probably say 1 and 3 are the best, and as for the new DMC.. it's turned out a lot better than I though it might. Should've had more faith in Ninja Theory as I enjoyed Enslaved and Heavenly Sword too.

3. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    yes... dmc 2 is bad game. New DMC is too easy but much better than DMC 2

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is there a working Ambient Occlusion flag that works with this game without causing intermittent stuttering? I was using the Mass Effect 3 one (0x20) on High Quality but it caused too much stuttering, especially when the game skipped to a cutscene and back. I dropped this setting down to Quality and it is better but there is still the odd stutter.

5. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Niiice Mortal Kombat reference when you get the first grappling hook. Dante shouts "come here!" And "get over here" scorpion-style.
    It made me lol.

Also as Darren said dropping AO from hiq to hi delivers smoother performance, but i didnt observed any stuttering or other issues.
    Im on win8 x64 pro tho.

6. Witcher

Witcher Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    How can I kill dreamrunners in this game. I'm stuck at level 11 :(. I am constantly hitting it with all powers I have. But it seems to get no damage.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Same here, although i tweaked CFG a bit.

Im forcing 16xAF in driver + AO - quality

in DevilEngine.ini cfg (also set to read only)

[TextureStreaming]
    PoolSize=340 //was 140
    HysteresisLimit=20
    DropMipLevelsLimit=18 //was 16
    StopIncreasingLimit=13 //was 12
    StopStreamingLimit=10 //was 8
    MinTimeToGuaranteeMinMipCount=0 //was 2
    MaxTimeToGuaranteeMinMipCount=0 //was 12
    BoostPlayerTextures=4.0 // was 3.0, but i still see higher texture transition on his coat if i pan the camera away and then back up close

[SystemSettings]
    bUseMaxQualityMode=FALSE //true made double jump effect like a square
    CompositeDynamicLights=FALSE // is higher quality, but no real diff.
    AmbientOcclusion=True //false maybe faster forced AO rendering, i didnt try yet
    AllowD3D11=TRUE // it still shows dx9
    AllowSubsurfaceScattering=TRUE // no real diff.
    MaxDrawDistanceScale=2.500000 // higher eliminates LOD changing?; edit: it eliminates missing LOD objects
    Trilinear=TRUE // added
    MaxAnisotropy=1 // i force driver AF
    MinShadowResolution=32 //was 64, makes better face shadows
    MinPreShadowResolution=2048 // was 1024
    MaxShadowResolution=2048 // was 1024
    MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=2688 // was 1344
    bAllowHardwareShadowFiltering=TRUE // was false
    ShadowFilterRadius=4.000000 // was 2.000000, probably higher shadow LOD filtering

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This part gets lost at MaxDrawDistanceScale=1.000000
    [​IMG]

And in DefaultEngine.ini, so it skips intro movies

[FullScreenMovie]
    +LoadMapMovies=Mission1_a
    bShouldStopMovieAtEndOfLoadMap=TRUE
    ;+StartupMovies=Capcom
    ;+StartupMovies=Ninjatheory
    ;+StartupMovies=UE3_logo
    ;+StartupMovies=AMDLogo
    ;+StartupMovies=Save_360
    +StartupMovies=black

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    does the texturestreaming part make a difference ? (was there any streaming popup without changing that ?)

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    yes less "stutter" and quicker max texture detail, imo its a common issue in U3 engine.

Also i edited my post a bit, was still testing certain stuff. :)

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Most of the introduction sequence was pre-rendered but now with the Unreal Model viewer it was possible to check if they had actually included such a model in the game.

http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel

[​IMG]

They did.
    (It's like a ken-doll or how to describe it, now with this confirmed I wonder what else one can find in the game files.)

11. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    no news about No_HUD commands?

I already tried everything.

12. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    one of the best soundtracks ever. i knew noisia was running it but combichrist too? shat bricks when i read combichrist during the intro sequence.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hooold up! Where the hell is wall running, you know that thing that is kinda the signature moves of the DMC series. Is wall running really not in this DMC.

Also, im up to the part where your in the virility factory, does this game loosen up a bit anytime soon. I have to say even DMC 2 is more like a dmc game to me than this one.

14. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Can anyone here on this thread with AMD hardware, tell me what kind of gpu% do you guys get on DmC with these settings (1080p) res, all HD settings enabled, Vsync Enabled with 60fps. thx in advance, I will tell you why if you help me with this? :)

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    about 60-80% usage.

16. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    for me it's the same 50-80% usage @ 2720x1530

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Went through the profiles from recent AMD Catalyst drivers and noticed that in one of the earlier releases DevilGame*.exe was removed.
    (* Being a joker character for anything in between the exe extension.)

http://www.kn00tcn.net/site/ati-catalyst-profiles/

So since the game is called "DevilGame" judging by the location it saves config files too and stuff in those config files I went through the entire profile list and searched for dmc (DMC-DevilMayCry.exe being the actual name of the file.) but found nothing.

Also checked the 13.2 beta driver .dll files and found nothing there either so it would seem AMD doesn't have a current profile for this game?
    (Not that it matters when it runs close to 200 frames per second at times but I still found it interesting, this being a AMD supported title and all.)

(Kinda similar to Far Cry 3 initially or Hitman Absolution if I remember correctly, unsure how it was with earlier games like Sleeping Dogs or Deus Ex 3 maybe a CAP update will resolve this and then a future driver will have the profile in it directly, we don't have a 13.1 cap yet do we?)

(The 13.2 driver atipffx.blob file or what it was called does however have some recent profile entries such as Path of Exile and some other stuff.)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  18. Bhaal

Bhaal Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Even though its a reboot it kinda is a prequel to DMC3. Oo It kinda fits, just watched the first battle with Vergil from DMC3 and the dialogue kinda fits..

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Can anyone comment, how are the controls on PC?
    I know a couple of friends that grabbed it on PC, but they are using gamepads. How are the mouse and keyboard controls?

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Mouse and Keyboard work fine. only problem i have is that i get mixed up sometimes, so switched to a controller.