DLSS2FSR (CyberFSR)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by NoLikes, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I just noticed that PotatoOfDoom has an FSR2.1 version of the mod -- https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3001
    Is yours compiled against the FSR2.0 or FSR2.1 version?

2. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    On the DX12 side it's compiled with 2.1.1 changes but the native FSR1 on Cyberpunk 2077 seems to use a lower balanced tier preset by default. FSR1 and FSR2 doesn't seems to output any comparable result as the preset scale is different.
    With the past released games at mine disposal in general where FSR1 is not even an option, instead of nothing, this type of implementation of FSR2 seems a much more consistent experience on 900/1000 series.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  3. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Where is CAS stand for,I really don't now, and where can i find it ? :)

4. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Contrast Adaptive Sharpening. It's part of AMD's FidelityFX suite. You can use it via ReShade.

JiveTurkey likes this.

5. horion2323

horion2323 New Member

GPU:
    gtx 1060
    dlss3 : nvngx_dlssg.dll

6. Diogo Nunes

Diogo Nunes Guest

GPU:
    980ti 6gb

Where is your DLL? am i missing something

7. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
  8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The only game I tested this with was RDR2. I didn't disable signature enforcement and it still worked fine. Is signature enforcement game dependent? Some games need it disabled and some don't?

9. P_G19

P_G19 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 / 6GB
    I think it used ASI Loader? not sure though.
    CyberFSR was updated to FSR2.2 today and results look promising.

10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Ah, right. It comes with "NVNGX_Loader.asi".

11. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    aufkrawall2 likes this.
  12. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Does IT work with other games that are dlss?
    I want to use fsr over dlss in bf2042 on my 1070
    Will IT work, anyone tested?

13. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    Work for me on some older title without FSR2 support.
    I do not recommend to use modified files with online gaming.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This thread is funny, reminds me of the days when modders found out how to run PhysX on ATI/AMD GPU's and some people even ran Nvidia for their main GPU and then an ATI/AMD one as their PhysX card.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    AMD cards could not be run as a physx processor

CPC_RedDawn and janos666 like this.

16. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    The library uses FSR 2.1.2 for the actual result.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  17. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Haha! You won't believe this but I was the very first who tried this and publicized running an ATI card for graphics and an nV card as a PhysX accelerator. I only played one or two games in total though (like Mirror's Edge). It didn't require any modding/hacking at first (except running a leaked pre-release version of Windows 7 because Vista refused to run 2 different WDDM drivers). Later nV locked this down and then some hackers lifted the lock (that was when it became more popular).
    https://logout.hu/cikk/radeon_graphcis_nvidia_physx/teljes.html (not English but it has a date stamp from 2008)
    But Astyanax is right, you could never use an ATI/AMD card for Physics, only nV cards could do that (next to an A* card).

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
    CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I stand corrected, my memory fails me.

It was pretty fascinating at the time I remember reading about it, and I remember running some Nvidia demos on my HD7970GHz like the fairy demo.

19. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    It's said how eye-candy physics (I deliberately avoid using the "realistic" word here because 1: those Ageia demos and early few nV games weren't necessarily "all that realistic" but at least looked great [especially 10+ years ago] and 2: not every game world is meant to be realistic at all to begin with) were dumped for so long after neither the Ageia card nor nV's CUDA PhysX re-implementation was widely successful. Nowadays, some 10-15 years later, we are there in a select few games and several other games do just enough but there are still a bunch of "AAA" titles with virtually no destructible/movable objects.

But I missed 3D audio even more. A stupid PCI card from Creative with a "potato" DSP (Audigy and X-Fi chips weren't some cutting-edge raw power-houses but low power, small silicon footprint chips) could do better 3D sound effects than what most games do on the CPU nowadays (even though the AMD SoC based game consoles have some kind of dedicated audio DSP, even from the previous gen and PC games are either GPU-bound or only CPU limited because they lack proper multi-threading and/or the utilization of "advanced" vector instructions like AVX).

Trunks0 likes this.
  20. BmB23

BmB23 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 6GB
    all modern realtek chips support EAX 2.0 and A3D 1.0 via OpenAL, so in theory there is nothing stopping a developer from using 3D audio through this method as nearly every computer with onboard audio would support it, albeit somewhat primitive compared to the later dedicated sound cards, I think XAudio even has a software implementation of 3D audio but that of course limits you to windows and xbox. I can't say why it isn't used more. Perhaps because wvise and fmod don't support it and most games use those.