DLSS2FSR (CyberFSR)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by NoLikes, Sep 28, 2022.

1. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    Thanks to CyberFSR, courtesy of PotatoOfDoom, I found out that both mine 980TI and 1080TI are capable to run FSR2 on some DLSS2 supported games.
    So, I've built the drop-in DLL to take advantage of FSR2 @ 1280x720 internal resolution over DLSS2.
    Currently getting great result with 1080P on those two older NVIDIA graphics adapter.
    These are the KNOW TO WORK games that I was able to test by checking the internal resolution with reshade:

• The Ascent
    • Horizon Zero Dawn
    • Death Stranding
    • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
    • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
    • No Man's Sky
    • Forged In Shadow Torch
    • Cyberpunk 2077

The fork has been removed. Not begin my project by having to disable a signature enforcement I can't endorse the binary use on inexperienced user or expect the misuse with online services. if you understand the necessity of having to disable a signature enforcement, I suppose it's fine to check the original code and build from the source by your self.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    dexterav, enkoo1, Krteq and 9 others like this.
  2. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Pretty positive this also works on AMD cards(and Intel GPUs).

Too bad both companies don't support their cards this well...

3. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    There are a ton of more games where the mod is working.

Personally tested Rise of the Tomb Raider and Observer System Redux with the FSR2 mod. Excelent results.

4. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI

5. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    I've heard it doesn't work for Battlefield 2042 or Warzone, can anyone check? I can't till later in the week :D

6. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    That fork has been prebuilt and can be eventually built directly on GITHUB with the ACTION.
    It's built against Lunar Vulkan SDK 1.2.198.1 and doesn't make DLSS crash on the 980TI and the 1080TI by changing the upscaling mode while in game because the unsafe hook has been removed.

7. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    You shouldn't probably use anything unsigned outside the provided game file with online gaming.

odjinan and Passus like this.
  8. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Oh cool, thanks for clarifying!

9. kProphetk

kProphetk Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT MECH 2X
    Can you test this with Destiny 2 1080 and 1440p plz, I have a
    GeForce RTX™ 2060 WINDFORCE 6G (rev. 2.0)
    rev. 1.0

(Sorry I did a Copy & Paste)

Would love to know how to use this feature if it will work with Destiny 2 and 1080p/1440p with the latest drivers or tell which drivers I should use. Thank you in advance.

10. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    just testing and i found spiderman remastered has a purple tint for me.

[​IMG]

11. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    Last time I checked it was working as expected with the 900 & 1000 (2000 too) series on the 1.907.0.0 version.
    There some residual artifact on Spider-Man Remastered such as trailing on very distant object in motion like sailing ships and there some angle view dependent shimmering on few exhaust roof cover.

Try to delete "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache" directory, and, after having made a backup, either "CACHE.PSO" within the "Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered" game directory and "%Appdata%\Insomniac Games\Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered" if any are present too.
    Notice that by deleting the CACHE.PSO there could be stuttering on any new item added on the cache.

I'm also using Direct3D 12Core Runtime 1.602.4 yet, I don't think it would matter on such purple layer you mention.

- If still happening: I'm still on 471.12

--
    Here how it look on mine end with DLSS2FSR @ 1080P on same spot by day, it does look better in motion tho.
    [​IMG]

--
    I was able to replicate this green/purple tint by night time on the 1080TI.
    A quick fix is to use the custom FSR 2.1 build (1.1006.0.0+) shipped with the game (ffx_fsr2_api_dx12_x64, ffx_fsr2_api_x64).
    --
    This seems to be fixed with the recently released FSR 2.1.2
    https://github.com/GPUOpen-Effects/FidelityFX-FSR2/commit/9fd56d0dd73dee53d8daad6375b529e750423039

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  12. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    WTF o_O

13. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    DLL replacements won't work in online games with any competent anticheat as they'll be whitelisting specific dll files and replaced files won't match the whitelisted signature.

14. SpookySkeleton

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i've tried everything but still looks bad, maybe this method doesn't work on 30x series and i know this is irrelevant to us since we have dlss from the get go, but i was just testing for the science.

15. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    Well this build, as mine actual use case is particularly useful to finalized series, mainly 900 and 1000.
    Thank you for taking your time in testing, the result could be evaluated down the line with bigger sample.

16. Wetryshka

Wetryshka Member

GPU:
    AMD XFX RX580 GTS
    Edit nvngx.ini

[Color]
    ; true or false
    AutoExposure=true
    ; true or false
    HDR=auto

SpookySkeleton likes this.
  17. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    What's different about this and the mods to use FSR 2.0 on DLSS games that are on the Nexus?

18. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    Curious as well. What was changed to make it specificly work with the 9xx and 10xx series thats different from the regular DLSS2FSR mod?

19. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI

Since on nvidia DLSS2 seems to be handled by the game/launcher and how the developer intended to extract and post the required data, unlike ?Nexus binary? this build is pretty much the PotatoOfDoom source built with 1.2.198.1 and to prevent some crashes on upscale mode changes this build doesn't implement almost any configured ViewMatrixHook function.

Nothing got changed to make it work with the 900 and 1000 series. Hope it make sense to you? also, what a regular DLSS2FSR mod?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  20. SpookySkeleton

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Excellent, now it works and don't look like a purple crap.

And, I'm impressed, it does what it says, it's a fully conversion of dlss to fsr2, I've been comparing the in-game fsr2 with this and they are identical (quality and performance), so it's working as expected.

Good job on both of you @PotatoOfDoom and @NoLikes