Divx playback troubles, always corruption

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by DrFreeze, Aug 24, 2005.

1. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    hi guys, i hope you have an idea to fix this, its driving me mad

whenever i open a DivX encoded file, like an episode of my favorite anime, the picture is washed out, and the colors are corrupted, it all looks horrible, and nowhere near how it should be

i use Divx 6.0 to play them, and according to Gspot my pc is using the Divx codec, and it should be able to process those files, but still i get that damn corruption, no matter which player i use

the stupid thing is however, on my laptop they work fine, i just dont remember which combo of codecs i have on there, but it shouldnt really matter i think, after all Divx 6.0 should render even the latest Divx files with trouble

so can anyone tell me how to fix this?

2. GeoTube

GeoTube Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600
    Try downloading the K-lite Mega Codec Pack

3. koda

koda New Member

GPU:
    eVga 6800GT
    Try changing your drivers, there was an issue with at least one set of Nvidia ones that washed out color in video playback.

4. JaBbErWoCkY

JaBbErWoCkY Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT + NV Silencer 5 @ 420/1.2
    I had this not long ago, however as well as getting the colour corruption I got the occasional crash too. It said there was a problem with 'quartz.dll' so I replaced it with one extracted from the DX9 package (Seeming you can't reinstall DirectX) and now it works fine.

5. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
  6. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    well, the player doesnt matter, i used winamp, WMP and Divx player 6, all the same

it might be the quartz dll thing, but do i get that from the Dx9 installer pack, or what? i dont know if its the same, since i never played long enough to get a crash

also, what drivers would be problemfree then? i think im using the newest 77.72 or .77's

this could be an explanation, since my laptop has via drivers

7. reflex

reflex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 725/1800/2000
    Get the dx9 redist package, extract it to a folder with powerarchiver or something, and copy quartz.dll from one of the cabs (dunno which) to wherever your current on is (should be in system32 or system32/drivers)

8. penguino

penguino Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 6800 LE 128 MB || 19" LG 915F
    This sort of stuff usually happens when you have to much codecs installed at the same time, and they're interfering or something. I would try this:

1. Uninstall all your codecs, filters, codec packs, etc (audio&video)
    2. Download & install FFDshow 20050920
    3. Download & install AC3Filter 1.01a RC5
    4. Download & install VobSub 2.23
    5. Download & install OggDS 0.9.9.5
    6. Download & install QuickTime Alternative 1.62 (for playing .mov files with windows media player classic, so you can get rid of Quicktime
    7. Download & install Real Alternative 1.43 (for playing .rm with windows media player classic, so you can get rid of Real Player)

Never use codec packs, they're the best way to screw up your codec setup.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005