Divinity Original Sin - Best RPG since Ultima VII?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PearlChoco, Apr 28, 2014.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    The division. RPG.

Wat

2. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Arguments like that just shows how serious you can take him. Obvious troll is obvious.

On another note: the game runs really well @4k now, really enjoying it again :)

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah they did a real number on the engine, went from not being able to keep 60fps at 1080p to only using about 75% of my GPU at max

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Wake up the division is an mmo rpg yes check ur reasoning first before u come lashing out obvious who would troll here by saying it isnt an mmo rpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015

5. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    I'm quite awake thank you.

Quote by David Polfeldt, managing director at Massive: “We wanted a lighter game than World of Warcraft. I’m not calling [The Division] an MMO,”
    Hmm...maybe we should go with your reasoning instead of the bloody managing director. That would be a good way to go!

Also, maybe you could explain with the experience you seem to have with the division how it's an mmo rpg. I hope you're not basing your reasoning on the ubisoft "trailers". We've all seen how trustworthy they are...

And lastly, why are you comparing this game to a potential mmo rpg if you could even call it that? That's like comparing car racing to tennis. They're both sports right? Why isn't tennis more like car racing? *derp*

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i am comparing rpg games in general whether its mmo or singleplayer, it is a Role playing game first and foremost, that's the basis i am comparing it about.

7. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    Comparing a fantasy party based strategic top-down rgp vs a modern "MMO" shooter isn't the best basis of comparison imho.

You can't expect these games to have the same attention. I'm guessing the writing in the division is nothing compared to that of Original Sin. I'm not going to complain about that. I don't expect that, it's not realistic to expect that.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i agree its not the same style, but it is an rpg game as i said, whether historical, fantasy or whatever, my point is, rpg games dont get attention they should by 2015 standard of gaming industry on the aspect i previously mentioned.

9. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    Depends on what you think is important. If graphics and animation are your prime concerns, then I agree with you.

If gameplay, world building, story/writing is more important, then I don't.

Studio's have to make a choice to stay within budget. All these aspects cost time and money.
    How often do you see fantastic looking games with all the factors I mentioned above?

It's very rare.

It's also very heavily opinion based. I think Original Sin looks great for example. They went for a certain style and it works.
    Modern military shooters, where the graphics are the most advanced, often have cliché stories (if any), boring gameplay, and nowadays the multiplayer is wonky at best.

I'd rather have a game that's fun to play (and works) than a fantastic looking trainwreck.

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Has to be the API. It's Dx11 now I believe, used to be Dx9. I'm at ~37%

I know for a fact on the normal version the game couldn't run at a consistent 60 at 2k res on my PC (played just a couple months ago last time).

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I just died 25h in on my honour mode save :p GG

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 is out in early access today!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/435150

KS backers should be able to get their keys some point, you need to first make a key on larian vault and link both accounts, then claim it. I can't claim my key yet, some sort of bug or key server overload

13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Thks for the heads up. Still havent finished the first but will get round to it.

Will def pick up the second, whilst I prefer a more Baldurs gate type RPG this def is fun.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah you've got a while to complete it, 2 isn't due out until at least december, but the EA page seems to say it's been pushed for 2017

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Bought this on a Steam sale a couple years ago, and just now started playing it. I love it!