Disply Driver crashing

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gamer1291, Jun 1, 2015.

1. gamer1291

gamer1291 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX-GTX-1070-O8G
    Hello guys can anyone confirm display driver crashing its happening since 352.86 driver and now i just clean installed 353.06 whql and still i get driver has stopped responding message when i am playing games.

Any solution for this?.

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Do you happen to be using Firefox or Chrome when it crashes? If so, try turning off HW acceleration, that should fix the issue.

3. gamer1291

gamer1291 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX-GTX-1070-O8G
    Now that you mentioned i do always run browser while playing games, I have disabled hardware acceleration on both chrome and firefox as you mentioned will try and see if it works.

4. mercury228

mercury228 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 ti
    I am now having the same ****ing issue! So frustrating. I have a Titan X and installed the new drivers and started getting the same crashing you are. Have had no problems at all until the new drivers, even when i roll back to the ones that worked before they still crash.

5. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga RTX2070XCUltra
    Do you have MSI Afterburner running? If you do shut it off and see if it still crashes.

6. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti OC
    I rarely have problems with nVidia drivers myself, but yesterday when I installed the new 352.86, the driver started crashing in desktop mode. Today it also crashed even when firefox/chrome wasn't running. I have MSI afterburner so it might be some conflicts, but I can't live without afterburner so I will rollback to 350.12 driver until they fix it.
    This is with a Titan Z and it's first time nVdia driver crashed with this GPU.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  7. SmashedBrain

SmashedBrain Member

GPU:
    2x970@1500Mhz
    Do u use Afterburner 4.1.1 from last week ? Because I am using an older version and I don't have any crashes.

8. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti OC
    I also have a older version, I use 4.1.0.

9. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    It's mostly tied to any driver newer than GTA V one and browsers with HW accel on OR/AND Witcher 3 on OC'ed GPUs (be it manually or factory oc'ed).

AFAIK Witcher 3 issue can be only fixed either by underclocking till it stops crashing or reverting back to GTA V driver.

10. demise

demise Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 580 ARMOR 4G
    I'll throw a suggestion out there for random TDR crashing. Check your device manager > system devices and disable all of the 'high definition audio controllers' except the one you primarily get audio from.

In my case there are two listed with one disabled. People with a soundcard or SLI may have 3 or more. That specifically is what stopped the 'display driver has stopped responding...' issue for me.

Example:
    [​IMG]

11. kbozz71

kbozz71 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    So annoying. I use Chrome...so I have to disable hardware acceleration...I also use MSI Afterburner.....So I need to disable it as well possibly. And AMD catches all the hell for their drivers???

12. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Mine is disabled and it still crashes with the latest drivers, I counted 4 times in 15mins last night :bang:

Thankfully it doesn't happen in games

13. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I've had the same issues with all drivers in the 350+ version range. All other fixes did not work; only solution that had no issues was to install driver version 347.88.

Trying your fix with 353.12 since I also noticed two Audio entries.

Edit: Still getting the "driver has stopped responding" error. Going back to the 347.88 since no issues and basically similar performance as newer drivers.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  14. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti OC
    I went back to 350.12 driver and now the driver crash is gone here to, hope they fix this in the next driver release.

15. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Yeah I went back to 350.12 as well a few days ago after exporting TW3 profile from newer driver. It isn't just H/W Acc in browser, it happens in other places too.

Guess I'll just wait until they sort it out.

16. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    try using the modded inf for the quadro drivers

17. Johannah

Johannah Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3090
  18. Johannah

Johannah Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    ** dubble post

19. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    i'd like to modify what you said and use that inf for the latest quadro drivers too. i was scared to switch to them but i did and still have the same stability.

20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    WHQL 353 is crashing occasionally as I play the Witcher 3. 352 was crashing as I used Chrome. I may go back to 350 as it's the last stable driver.