Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. saif

saif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Thanks for this tool. Was having low FPS after sometime, which were being fixed only after I rebooted the machine. After driver cleanup, these frame-drops are no longer an issue. This time I will also not install Geforce Experience, though may need it to record in-game videos...

2. 22Green

22Green New Member

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Quick question.I ran DDU earlier because I was having issues with my NVIDIA drivers and before that Device Manager was 100% fine. I tried updating driver, no avail. I could uninstall it and see if Windows pick it back up. Wanted to ask here before doing that.

Right clicking and then Properties - Event I see this:

Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AD7&SUBSYS_23833842&REV_A1\4&8B2789A&0&0308 was deleted.

Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Dell Alienware Aurora R7

I believe just from trying to copy and paste some of the contents it could be related to my 2080Ti, but under display its listed correctly.

TIA

P.S if this is the wrong thread/forum please move it or i'll copy it to the right one. I didn't a DDU Troubleshooting Thread.

P.S.S Found it. Feel free to delete post.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  3. Greydog

Greydog New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 24341mb
    On uninstalling my upgraded driver I find leftovers from the drivers this PC came with. (PowerSpec G435, GeForce RTX 2070 super) ...I can find none of the files on my own. Will DDU uninstall the new driver and the leftover parts of the old driver, or would I need to revert back to old driver before trying this?

4. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce R9 380
    You do not have to install the old driver to have DDU remove all driver components.

From first post of this thread: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/display-driver-uninstaller-thread.379506/

RECOMMENDED USAGE :

-The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
    -Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
    -It is also recommended to put the DDU folder in your antivirus/protection software exclusion list.
    -You do NOT need to uninstall the driver before using DDU.

5. ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3090 SLI
    Is it safe to remove the "Nvidia" folder while using DDU or should we just leave that alone?

6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    It's safe, remove everything. nVidia folder just keeps an extra copy of the previous driver on the C drive (it's where the nVidia installer extracts its files before installing), it's not needed for anything.

7. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.3.5 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

mapnam charun likes this.
  8. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.3.6 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

Babel-17 likes this.
  9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    @Wagnard

Recently I learned how to get the resource strings from PE-files which contain the information displayed on Details tab of properties dialog - copyright, product name, product version, etc. First I was thinking to develop small app for searching binary PE-files by pattern in these string, but then I remembered of DDU - because of the main functionality (to remove leftovers), and I can quickly write small app and send it to you to add such search into DDU. You can add separate mode - search (and remove) by company name (for example).

10. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sent PM to Wagnard in regards to your idea.

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks for the proposal . I'll see what I can do with it with DDU if it's not breaking too much things in it's logic.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    OK. I will do a little console app on weekends.

13. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.3.7 Released.