Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce R9 380
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.5 released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information

EugeneJackKhoros and Wagnard like this.
  2. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.6 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

toyo likes this.
  3. Yanta

Yanta New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    I was running driver version 441.87 on my RTX 2080 Ti since 9th Feb 2020. No issues. On 24th June when I start my system I noticed a new folder was created: C:\nVidia Corporation\umdlogs. I just deleted it, but then every single day it gets recreated. Just started out of the blue. No driver, windows or any other updates. Hadn't even updated any non-related applications.

So I updated the graphics driver. Didn't solve the problem. Post on a nother forum which pointed me here. Downloaded latest DDU and followed the instructions and uninstalled the drivers. The only thing I disabled was the retrieval of drivers from M$ Update, which I had set in group policy anyway (I gather group policy os not applied in safe mode?)

After that I was unable to install any version of the nVidia drivers. The installer kept responding "Not compatible with this version of Windows". Say what?

Had to restore from a Macrium Image.

So there's two issues here... the creation of this empty folder and Not being able to install graphics drivers after using DDU.

I use standard drivers. I won't use DCH drivers. At least until there is no other option, at which point I'll look for alternatives.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That folder is only created where you the user have enabled umd logging.

also sounds like you turned on a device block for the graphics card and forgot about it, I asked Wagnard to consider checking for and removing this a while ago.

Cave Waverider likes this.

5. Yanta

Yanta New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    Ok, so how do I turn it off.
    I didn't turn it on and forget I did so. If it's on then it was accidental and I didn't know I did it. I don't even know what "A device block for the graphics card" is.

I believe that would be back on page 89 of this thread?

6. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    This message is probably because you blocked it with the "group policy" if you didn’t select the right policy you may have blocked the installation completely.
    Or with this message: Not compatible with this version of Windows
    Either wrong OS selected , Also possible you REQUIRED the DCH driver or the STANDARD one.

As an alternative , you could install Geforce Experience and let it install the good driver for you.

As other said, UMD has nothing to do with DDU.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Cave Waverider likes this.
  7. Ulber2020

Ulber2020 New Member

GPU:
    Geforce gtx 1650
    Please, help me! After using DDU on Win7 I can no longer use emulators that use Vulkan api! (RPCS3 and Dolphin). What can I do?

8. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.7 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Try to clean the NVIDIA driver with the new DDU 18.0.2.7. There is a fix I added that could affecvt Vulkan.
    If not working, try to go back to your earlier driver.
    RPCS3 here work fine on my NVIDIA hardware currently.

10. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.8 Released.