Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is the nvidia switch to DCH gona effect this program?? they only offer DCH now less you look in archives

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    standard packages are offered on the beta and older drivers archive and you can always just remove the _dch part of the link too

3. disq

disq Active Member

GPU:
    GTX
    AFAIK DDU works with DCH too

4. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce R9 380
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.1 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

Undying likes this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I am aware but I willing to bet sooner or later they will do away with standard packages in windows 10 which why I asked if DDU would be effect by this.

6. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Yes.

7. Im_Special

Im_Special Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    I just realized you don't do releases on Github, can you? Is that too much extra work, if so don't bother, but I follow/watch this project on there, but I don't get any notifications about new releases which kinda defeats the point.

https://i.imgur.com/DYxjDrb.png

8. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    DDU support Nvidia DCH since quite a few releases already.

For Github, It's only to push the sources, I don't intent to release there atm.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Great to know i didnt actual keep up with DDU release so i dont see the the changes in each build, I usual only download a new build when I install new drivers which usually 2-4 months apart, then again I will be avoiding DCH drivers cause the whole CP isnt included with drivers anymore for some bs reason microsoft made up, which I would think be issue for people that use LTSB builds cause there is no MS shop in them.

10. Venomsword

Venomsword Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2070 Super
    For entry level users - yes. For advanced - not a problem at all. You can install CP via PowerShell by easy command.

11. razielkain

razielkain New Member

GPU:
    Gtx 980
    Hello everyone. If the question has already been addressed, I apologize to the mods. I accidentally installed the dch drivers for my video card. The control panel was downloaded from windows 10 as a windows app. I found the standard drivers, first manually deleted the video card, physx and nvidia sound card drivers, and then uninstalled the control panel app. So, I used ddu in safe mode. Does ddu also remove any residues from the "app" nvidia control panel? With standard drivers the control panel is installed automatically. After using ddu, i installed the standard drivers and for now zero problems.
    Thank you if someone wants to answer.

12. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
    Yes, DDU also removes Nvidia Control Panel app.

13. razielkain

razielkain New Member

GPU:
    Gtx 980
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

14. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Very pleased to learn that DDU removes the app. I am experiencing issues with 441.87 and not being able to access the Nvidia Control Panel, as I do not have Microsoft Store installed - therefore rendering these drivers completely useless for me, as I am not able to change settings.

I am now going to uninstall these so-called drivers.

15. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.2 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information

endbase and Undying like this.

16. AATT

AATT Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    i clicked to not delete the monitor "driver", but after it was done it showed standard one in device manager and then after installing new gpu driver it was back to normal but the custom color profile was removed as standard (still in the 'all profiles list) so i wonder if this is normal or the function of ddu does not work?

17. 0458315753

0458315753 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    Should I be worried of the Windows 10's forced 432 Nvidia driver installation? This has affected a lot of people, personally I just cleared RTX 270S drivers with DDU (in the safe mode) and the 432 version was installed as soon as I rebooted and started the nvidia.com driver installer. I don't know if disabling the driver updates in Windows necessarily works.

https://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/144634-windows-update-forcing-nvidia-driver-432-00-a.html
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-driver-v432-00-being-forced-through-wu.429481/

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DDU is over used.

19. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.3 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

20. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.4 released.