Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    This should probably not happen with v16 beta
    Can you check if it is fixed for you?
    No need to actually clean the system.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will check v16

Also it not trying to "uninstall" it I read it wrong I just get CMD saying c:\windows\system32>D:\Software\DDU\display driver uninstaller.exe" which where i have it installed it like those link are trying to open ddu from cmd prompt. then it opens the browser to the correct links.

3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yeah it's how it works in v15. Would be too long to elaborate the reasons. I'll just say its for not having your browser open and using the "Sysyem" account.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    test v16

It now opens the link in the browser with out open a CMD prompt to launch DDU to launch the link in the browser like it does with previous vevision but still "opens" 2nd instant of DDU that closes before open the link.

And either my HDD is really starting to die or DDU takes like 3 + seconds to actual launch after the UAC screen, which i dont remember it taking that long, and seeing that same delay is there when click the thread links. so there is delay in open that thread cause it trying to Open and close DDU before open the thread. I remeber it be alot faster UAC prompt is istant the actual launching of DDU seem to gotten much slower

IF any of this make sense I not best at explain things

Browser is open when did this and if you mean Admin account for system account, then I then yes I using admin account, not sure it is "true" admin account though. if that not what you talking about then i dont know

Last edited: May 13, 2016

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    All normal. But the slow thing is probably related to your system /cpu power or hdd.
    It open quite fast here. It's only slow when I try to open it on a VMware.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will keep an eye on it launch speeds cause 3+ seconds delay before it launchs after uac consent seem excessive to me.

I remember a few build back on Aida64 there was 5+ second delay in Aida64 before it splash screen poped up after UAC consent, that was fix a few build later that now launch instantly after UAC consent, I though my HDD was die then too. till i check same build on older pc with and even older hdd this 10 year old barracuda drive has to last till i can replace it with a 1tb WD black.:)

7. JayL6

JayL6 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    I had the same problem that Niffy had with the Windows 10 tiles disappearing (post #1427).

I was having some problems with the Nvidia Geforce 365.19 drivers and decided to do a clean install, so downloaded and ran DDU v15.7.5.5, rebooted into safe mode, removed the drivers, booted back into normal, downloaded and installed 365.19 again. I first noticed there was a problem when I went to use the windows calculator, it flashed up with a completely grey background and then closed, it was then that I went to the start menu and noticed that the tiles were blank, tried to open the windows store and it closed down in the same way.

Followed some guides on restoring non working windows store apps, but they just produced errors. So decided to do a system restore, which got everything working again. Maybe it was just a coincidence that Windows decided to mess up then, but after seeing that Nifty had the same problem that it might be something to do with DDU and WIndows 10?

Also, this is just a suggestion, but it was the first time that I had booted into safe mode in Windows 10 and I didn't realise that safe mode requires a password and not the PIN and got a bit frustrated that every time I reset the PC it booted back into safe mode, eventually I remembered what my password was and got in. So I thought it might be an idea to put up a warning message in DDU when clicking on the reboot to safe mode in Windows 10 that you will need your password and not your pin to be able to log in again, that way people could change their password if they can't remember it before it is too late.

8. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks for the tip, ill sure try to ad a warning in the future.
    As for the title problem, it seem quite rare as you 2 are the only one who reported this to me.

Can you send me your DDU log ( wagnard28@gmail.com ) so I can see if something unusual happened?

Also, if you can do this for giving me more syste, specs Ill apreciate :
    Download SPECCY.
    Download
    Install
    REBOOT <----IMPORTANT
    Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.

9. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Just wanted to give my thanks for this absolutely AMAZING job!!!!! DDU forever!!!!!! Thanks!!

10. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Wagnard "The stub received bad data" related to DDU or NVIDIA 368.22? thanks.

Last edited: May 29, 2016

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Not sure what you mean with "The stub received bad data".

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.0.0.1 Released.

ChangeLog:
    -Now using WPF instead of WinForm.(1 big advantage: its DPI friendly)
    -New log style. (Check it out)
    -Added the ability to DDU to change folders permission that were failing to be removed before.
    -Now using SetupAPI instead of DEVCON for device removal.
    -Ability to alter folder and registry permission for removal. (Only for an item to be removed )
    -Fixed Physx was always getting removed in some part of the code.
    -Enhancement to the automatic language selection on first launch.
    -Improved overall quality of the code.
    -And a lot of other not really worth to mention little changes here and there.
    -Nvidia and AMD addition cleanUP
    --V16.0.0.1 Fixed a crash if "%user%\Public\pictures\nvidia corporation" does not exist.

Important note: Most of these changes wouldn't have been possible without the help of a fantastic coder: "devmltk"

SHA1: FC4B4AB3C5A8C1AC405EE10E02EEF7AA78D52054

http://www.wagnardmobile.com

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  13. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    [​IMG]

something like this & it can happened on any application eg. any desktop shortcuts, task manger, run services.msc, cmd etc for the 1st time only.

i think related to latest 368.22 WHQL driver.

by the way, thanks for the latest DDU.

14. bittin

bittin New Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    NVIDIA Support tipped me about this program and it works awesome, think i will use it at work during summer for a thing or two aswell :)

15. wedge

wedge New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Hello,

Just wanted to ask a quick question before using the tool. I actually had used it before a few years ago and it was great.

Only this time I'm under Windows 10 and I saw the warning about the password, so before making anything wrong, I wanted to be sure, I knew exactly which password it was.

Setting up the OS I've not used the microsoft online account, but kept it the "old" way, with a local user/password account which is set and that obviously I know the password.

So just to confirm is it that account, that was created during the configuration process that I should know about, or is it the real Administrator account that I should see that it would need ?

Also as it seemed as an important warning, so if you run the tool, reboot in safe mode is the fact of not having the password an issue that prevent returning windows to normal after that ?

Thanks for your answers and this great tool :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    No worries, you can use the password of your local account.
    Th e warning is just that the Pin option is unavailable when going into safe mode and only the password is supported.
    Some user tend to forget their original password when they use the Pin option.
    I'll probably try to rephrase the warning to be clearer

17. wedge

wedge New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

Thank you that is perfectly clear then :) Just wanted to make sure I had understood it correctly :D

Thanks for the quick answer. I should receive my 1080 tonight so to make sure it goes perfectly fine, even if I had an older Nvidia card, I think it's better to use your tool to be perfectly clean :)

18. tpeter

tpeter Member

GPU:
    GTX980
    Need help ASAP

Just did the DDU as I just put in my new 1080... now I'm trying to install the new drivers and it keeps telling me that Its not compatible with my version of windows..

I have Win 10 64bit and I am downloading the correct software.

19. wedge

wedge New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    That is strange, I've done the same on the same OS and got no issues at all.
    Did you get the 368.25 those are the one I used.

If it does not work I can upload you the version I used if you like I've kept the installer.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Doesn't say much. Win+E, File->Help->About Windows. What does it say in "Version" string?

Chances are that you're not running the 1511 update.