Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.
Thanks again Wagnard, appreciated!
Hi guys. My problem is I'm trying to use my pc's geforce 315 but instead the Pc uses the geforce 7100. I've tried doing system restore + uninstalling with device manager but nothing worked. Here's some info in the ddu log.
GPU # 0000 Detected : NVIDIA GeForce 315
GPU DeviceId : pci\ven_10de&dev_0a22
Vbios : Version 70.16.4d.0.b
Detected Driver(s) Version(s) : 184.108.40.20652
INF : oem1.inf
INF Section : Section002
GPU # 0001 Detected : NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
GPU DeviceId : pci\ven_10de&dev_07e1
Detected Driver(s) Version(s) : 220.127.116.1193
INF : nv_lh.inf
INF Section : nv4_C7x
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
check if it is possible to disable it via the bios.
Hey wagnard, sent you a BSOD dump.
Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for DDU. I have one question, if Windows 10 TP is/will be supported? I installed the tp and it installed 340.52 by itself. I booted into safe mode to use ddu, but could not do anything because it said "Unsupported OS" or "Unsupported Operating System". Just wondering, not complaining, I manually removed 340.52 and installed 344.75, so all is well.
It should be supported unless something changed recently with the recent tp build.
I guess you are using an old version of DDU ?
Edit: I tried latest TP on a VM and it seem to work. So my guess is that you are not using the latest version of DDU.
I was trying to use 18.104.22.168, please see PM.
How long should this tool take to run in safe mode? I've been at Starting Registry CleanUP for an hour.
It takes less than a minute for me.
Can you send me the log so I can see where it was stuck?
It should normally take a few second or at worse a minute.
If its stuck it could be 2 things, DDU entered a Deadlock or there was a driver / service jammed on your system.
I used DDU on my dad's pc (ATI) and my own pc (Nvidia) and after everything ran perfectly, I installed the newest drivers without any problems on both systems (W7 64bit).
But here's the thing, for some reason the fonts on both systems, including the browsers, are looking way more thinner than before.
I tried to run the Cleartype Tuner on Windows 7, but it did not solve my problem.
So yeah, I was wondering and definitely hoping if you'd maybe know where to look or what could possibly be the problem?
Hard to tell. Could be the resolution is not the same as before.
First time I heard this.
Can we see a screenshot?
Thanks for the quick reply back.
You sure can. This is how I see everything right now:
Taken using IE11 with 105% zoom.
Resolution is the same as before though.
Image not found (yeah I replaced the xx with tt)
Edit: working now
Is it wanted that you use the classic view instead of the aero one?
Yes. From the moment I installed W7 I changed it to the classic view. I don't prefer the Aero view.
But I'm guessing we are on a dead end here. Since both don't know what triggered this font problem.
Yeah that's a first for me. Honestly to me the screenshot look normal. For the fonts, try changing back to aero and then to classic maybe it will put stuff back to place.
I think you can manually select your font too in Windows.
Display Driver Uninstaller 22.214.171.124 (11-29-2014)
-Improved the Intel CleanUP
-Korean language update (Zames Dean)
Here is a Version I have enabled Kernel 10 (Windows 10 Build 988x+). I didn't tested it with windows 10 personally so its "AS-IS" at your own risk. But personally, unless they changed a lot of stuff since last TP, it should run fine.
It also contain these changes.
-Fix some possibles DDU freeze when cleaning.
-Japanese language update. (DH.Omega)
Opened your program in win 7 64 SP1 and Windows Event Viewer showed error about your PAExec.exe against window's Interactive Services Detection process.
"The PAExec service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly."
Event ID 7030.
the default start up type for that service is set to manual.
error both occur in normal mode and safe mode.
Need some clarification about this.
It's 100% normal.
DDU use a modified PAEXEC (http://www.poweradmin.com/paexec/) to start with "System" user name (can be seen in task manager)
The message generated by the event viewer can be safely ignored as it work correctly. Its something i'll check in the future if I can workaround.
Note: The service is also removed after DDU exits.