Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Good to hear about that. :)

Ya, I think Intel has much more driver than AMD and Intel(as they always support the graphic until 2 new iGPU came out, then they will just drop it), which is very hard to support all of them...

2. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Just a reminder folks. If DDU has been a tool you use often don't forget to make a donation to further it's development. I did. I hope you do too.

DISCLAIMER
    --------------
    Not affiliated with DDU in any way, just a happy user.

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    And also remember to recommend DDU to your Friends and other people. ;)

4. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Hey bud:

Had a big problem after running Display Driver Uninstaller 13.4.0.0 (10-02-2014).

When my machine rebooted it came up with the message that it was preparing to do a repair on my system. It then said it couldn't find anything. I selected the option to continue with 8.1. My machine rebooted and I was missing some devices in Device Manager and had no Internet connection.

If you recall I had a similar problem with missing devices and no Internet reported in this forum. At that time I didn't get the repair thingy. I think at that time some Reg entry had me in Safe Mode which should have been cleared.

I have no logs unfortunately but I don't think it helped the last time.

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    That is weird. Without the ddu log it's a bit harder that have a clear idea. It sounds like your computer was booted in safemode.
    Usually the win8 repair kicks in when it failed to boot a few times.
    How did you run ddu? Did you get the problem before cleaning.
    Also, is everything OK? If so, it it also weird if you didn't repair anything and now magically it work.

It is kinda similar to the issue you had with the force. Safemode entry key that you had in the registry. I would wonder if you do not have a faulty application somewhere.... Or some sort of incompatibility.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  6. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    I ran DDU from File Manager. No problems before cleaning. In fact, I rebooted several times before I ran DDU with no problems. I think DDU caused the Repair thingy IMO. From there things just got messed up.

As far as the magic... it's called restoring a disk image I took right before I ran DDU. Better safe then sorry.

I can run DDU again and get the logs for you. Is there anything else you want me to do before I run DDU?

7. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    If it's no bother to you, do a manual shot into safemode and back to normal mode.
    If all is OK, use Ddu the way you do normally and give me a look at the log.

8. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    I'll do that but first I have some errands to run. I'll get back to you a little later.

9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    No problem man, I'm at work anyway and even if we find something DDU related, I can't fix/compile it atm.

But my first impression tend to think it could be something on your computer that is interfering somehow with DDU like last time. As we have fixed your problem with the safemode but never found the real cause of it.

Also if you encounter again the problem with missing devices, check if the regkey that we used to removed to fix the problem last time is still present.

10. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Booted into safe mode via the option in msconfig. While in safe mode I unchecked safe mode and rebooted. I wound up in the same predicament. Basically I see that most of my Services were stopped as in safe mode. I tried various things, not the registry key because I forgot what it was, but I couldn't get the services to start.

I read the posts about this problem that happened a few months ago. How did I fix it? I know about the Reg Options Key.

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
  12. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    I got into safe mode via msconfig again. Before I rebooted I unchecked safe mode in msconfig. Normal setup was checked.

The registry, however, still had the key that says I am in safe mode. I rebooted and sure enough my services were stopped and that Reg key was still there. I deleted it, rebooted, and everything returned to normal.

I wonder if it's a problem with msconfig?

13. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I cannot test this right now but I'll play around with this when I get home. :)

14. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Hmmm, last time DDU got me into safe mode so maybe it's not msconfig. Weird.

15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yep indeed..... And ddu doesn't play with his regkey to go into safemode. It only does a bcdedit.

II guess you have an application that is messing with this setting or something in your Windows installation is wrong.

I'll tend to think of the second one because of the repair screen you had.
    If you can't find the cause of this, it may be advised to reinstall Windows.
    Also this is the first report ever I get about a repair screen after using DDU so that's a bit why I'll be surprised if it was the cause, but still everything is possible and as you probably know, I take users report seriously.

16. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    I ran the previous version off DDU when 14.9 came out and I had no problem. I just ran DDU again to install 14.9 beta 1 and had the same problem.

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    By same problem, you mean the repair screen?
    For the repair screen, it could be an amd bug as from the changelog of 14.9.1 it seem 14.9 had some problems with driver install / uninstall that maybe even ddu can't dodge.

18. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    I fixed the problem. I restored my system from an image I took on 9/5/14. After this date/time I installed a bunch of drivers. I had a feeling something wasn't right because of some other things. So all is good in Candy Land.

19. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Good thanks for confirming. I feel a bit better now. :)
    That a type of problem I really don't want DDU to cause.

20. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    I'm about to test latest DDU version with Catalyst 14.91 Beta. Here we go!!!

I'll be reporting back, of course :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.