Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    You can use the PM function in this forum, so each time he login or open this forum, it will showing a dialog telling about having a new PM. ;)

2. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Actually, its faster for me when you use my gmail address because I have an Android phone and I get notification a few seconds after receiving the email.

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I guess it is difference for difference people, like my friends, they are more faster on FB, not Email that they rarely checked for it. ;)

4. sirDaniel

sirDaniel Member Guru

GPU:
    940MX
    Thanks for accepting it. Great work, not every software has so frequent updates btw.

I know but, i personally never remember all paswords to forums (i use "remeber passwords" function), i have one email account which i can log in on my phone, thats why i prefer emails too ;)

5. Zoea

Zoea Member

I just wanted to say thank you, I am quite sure you fixed my system up for a fresh 14.8 amd driver install in that the difference is quite striking far above most all differences a driver update on it's own might present (imho). win81, installed maybe 5 catalysts up to this point at a guess.

It's an older card too 6970, so they may not even be writing much code for it specifically any more.

6. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller 13.1.0.0 (09-11-2014)

Changelog:
    -(Intel display audio) added removal of the IntcDAud.sys and its related service. (Thanks to slgundam)
    -Extra cleanUp for the Control/video section.
    -Added AMD Audio Endpoint removal.
    -Updated the Intel audio endpoint removal.
    -Additional nVidia folder cleanup.
    -Workaround for different Windows DPI settings.
    -Translation update: Polish (Thanks to SirDaniel)

Download

7. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    Thanks, mate! You're awesome! :banana:

8. Elite3540

Elite3540 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Thanks Wagnard!

Very much appreciated, if there comes another version out of the latest AMD drivers for SG users, I will definitely test this one out or future releases! :nerd:

9. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Event ID: 131

I've been getting these errors which are in a 'container', whatever these is. The only info given is a GUID and an error code. When I scan my Registry for the GUID it seems to point to things like my monitor, AMD audio stuff. I last used DDU v13.0.1.0 a few days ago. I did restores of my backup disk images and one from 8/8/14 didn't produce the errors.

Just wanted to let you know. Might be DDU might not, but the timing is right to suspect DDU.

10. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Can you give me a screenshot of the error? just in case.

11. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Unfortunately I didn't save anything before I did a restore. However I found the error by Googling it. The GUID is one of them, however I forgot the actual error code.

Event 131, DeviceSetupManager:
    Metadata staging failed, result={ae3e7527-f03c-5fac-af1a-428dbba0441b} for container '0xXXXXXXXX'

log name: Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager/Admin
    user: system
    event id: 131

This registry entry might be applicable: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY]

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks, if you get it again, I would appreciate you pm me the details so I can check.

13. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    I think my problem is related to "Added AMD Audio Endpoint removal."

14. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Those reside here : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\SWD\MMDEVAPI

Your error tend to point to the "\Display" this is usually the monitors.

15. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    I took a look at the reg entry you gave and some of the errors I received pointed me to it.

For some strange reason my two pa246 monitors show up in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs as "PA246 (AMD High Definition Audio Device)". Monitors have no speakers in them.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Although the PA246 doesn't have speakers, it does at least have a headphone jack I think so you can pick up the sound signal carried by the HDMI or DisplayPort inputs. Maybe that's it why you see this reg entry.

But your prediction could be correct about the audio endpoints. It maybe need some work for the type of configuration you have.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  17. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Mind you, my problem happened under the version off DDU right before the current one. Did you make a similar change there too?

18. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Not changes related to the audio endpoints.
    Do you have by luck the ddu logs?

19. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    I got a whole bunch of these errors a little while ago. They had all kinds of devices in them. Remote computers, disk drives and more.

I'm thinking that the latest Windows Update this past Tuesday had a lot of patches. Perhaps this is causing the problem. Timing is right.

So... I don't think it's a DDU problem. I did two things to try and 'fix' the problem. Thinking that these device errors might be coming from hidden and not being used devices I uninstalled them all. But the real solution was to disable event logging for the component that issues the error. As the errors don't seem to be causing any problems I have no qualms disabling logging for them.

I really should stop looking at the Event Log. What I don't know won't hurt me :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yeah event log can brain hurt.

As you said, there were some MS patch on Tuesday it could be that.
    Anyway thanks for reporting and researching. If you found anything that confirm its DDU, please tell me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.