Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks.if it happen again ill have to investigate why.

2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    And remember to put the log too. :)

3. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    @wagnard : i noticed that you sometimes asked to PM DDU log, when someone is having an issue, but sometimes they can't pm you the log because of their post count.

why not add an upload feature to your website ?

you can add somekinda autodetect, so that pranksters can't upload files other than DDU log.

and you can also add, write the issue as a comment, and also their guru3d forum name, if they have one. or their email, so that you can reply to them, or add a message "please also post your about your issue on the guru3d DDU thread"

beside DDU log is tiny, so it wont be a burden to your site. :)

4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I should maybe ask users to post to pastebin it would be easier and required 0 bandwith. But Im think of and auto upload log too like you proposed

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks to Jackalito donation (7850), I am able to present you today V11.0 RC1 (Release Candidate)

ChangeLog:

-Many (too much to list) cleanup and fixes for AMD card.
    -Fixed fail to remove old Nvidia update (pre-GFexperience)
    -Translations updates, Hungarian (Thanks Stasys) Russian (homocomputeris also part of the team now.

For those interested to test, I would like to gather feedback from you(mostly AMD users) to be sure everything is ok before making an Official release.

Download

Edit: AMD Gaming Evolved App (Raptr) is not yet removed. it will be added later as an Option.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  6. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Thanks man!

Very much appreciated. :>

7. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    awesome, so quick, told ya that there are a lot of new things between the old and new GPU.

AMD really should hire you to clean up their drivers.

AMD, Nvidia and intel really need a cleaner for their driver team, because it seems they can't clean up properly :p

btw any chance for adding clean up for realtek onboard audio ? just wondering :)

and i'm gonna try it as soon as i can (its midnight in here, and i'm sleepy), but before i could you probably already got a lot of feedback from others :p , but that's not an issue, because then i can enjoy the final version of it :p .

8. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Usually, Technically the problem is the users who break stuff(them-self or with other reg tools or with bsods) as we do not really require to clean like that.
    But sometime it happen that some left over settings interfere with changes Amd/nvidia / etc did that prevent normal function.

That's my opinion.

For other cleaning like realtek, ill have to finish Intel. (Intel is really just preliminary for the moment)

My personal recommendation is :
    1- Cleaning should be done only when there is problem or suspected affected performance due to left overs. (Most normal users)

2- if you decide to always clean then I hope your Tech level is high enough when you take the risk to clean every time and feel satisfied ( I fall in there :nerd: )

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  9. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    well, its not because my tech level is high, but its because i did experienced a lot of issues if i use AMD own uninstaller.

that's why i started using various cleaner since long time ago, and when i bought my 7850, i did try to use AMD own uninstaller again, and guess what, it f.u.c.k.e.d up my system, and had to reinstall my win installation.

Catalyst install manager issues is not that bad, but the worse is from AMD uninstaller, that one is designed for breaking PCs.

there used to be someone else that makes a good cleaner, but he retired long time ago, but then you came, i was like thank god, because i'm tired with the issues i'm having with AMD drivers.

ex : before i used your cleaner, my display driver often stopped responding, without any reason, but after i used yours, it never happened again.

edit : i also have Nvidia GPU (old 9600GT), and their uninstaller is better than AMD, but DDU is still a lot better.

10. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks for the kind words, Glad DDU managed to help you !

11. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    your welcome, and actually i should be the one to thank you for making DDU, it makes using PC GPU especially AMD's a lot easier.

12. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, the only issues for AMD uninstaller is, it also clean-up the thing for Processor without giving the choose to clean-up only the graphic card.

And yup, I would like to see how many AMD users get their issues fixed after this update for AMD. :)

13. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I am the one who has to thank you for your incredible work, man!
    Like other people are claiming, if it weren't for DDU, we'd be lost as AMD Uninstaller has become such a pain in the neck lately. You, with your huge generousity, are the responsible for saving us a heap of headaches. And this is something you're doing for free in your leisure time. So, again, thank you, master :rock:

PS The last time I checked, the card I sent you was a 7850, unless it mutated into something else by itself on its journey to your place :eek3::cheers:
    PS2 I'll try the new version this week and I'll let you know about any possible issues I may bump into.

PS3 Yeah, I know, my English sucks :roll:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  14. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    No mutation . 7850 indeed. lol

As for if I would not have made DDU, well I guess you guys would have driver fusion.

15. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    How did you create the uninstaller when you didn't have an AMD card before, just out of curiosity?
    - and what sort of things did you find out when you finally got it?

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I had a Asus G73JH laptop with an 5870m inside at first.
    Sold it and got a Asus G750 with a GTX780M

I still have a HD2900XT too but recent driver does not support it anymore.

17. izzat0amir

izzat0amir Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 GAMING
    thanks for the ddu bro :D My life never have been this easy!

18. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Version 11.0 Released officially.
    Only difference with RC1 is that the Directory cleanUP is a lot faster. (AMD only)

EDIT: Meh a real speed fix will be on a future version...

19. Mavromanitari

Mavromanitari Guest

GPU:
    2x6870 1GB @ 1Ghz
    Just runned the application, run into an error. Version 9.1

Device is an HP Pavilion dv6-6100 with an A6-3410MX APU (6520G iGPU) along with 6750M dGPU. Since the laptop refused to use proper drivers and tried all everything through the normal route (AMD unistaller/Ccleaner) I fiigured about giving this tool a shot.

Here's the changelog.
    Any idea why the app might run into errors?

20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    You should update to latest version (11.0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.