Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamild1996

kamild1996 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I'm running dual-boot with Ubuntu as a secondary system, I can always use it (I've been using it for the past 2 days, no issues in there). What do you mean though? What can I do from Linux to get rid of the issue?
    Also sorry, I may not have been clear enough. For now the problem appears only in Safe Mode, I can boot up successfully during normal boot. But when I uninstall the driver, the problem appears during normal boot as well.

I'm worried it might be my GPU slowly dying too, but I would like to hold off from replacing it until it fails completely. For my current "set" of games, it doesn't really cause too many issues for me - not enough to consider buying a new one :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  2. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Personally I would completely wipe that O.S to see if it fix the safemode issue / weird flashing you have without a driver. If not, I would look at hardware/ configuration.

3. kamild1996

kamild1996 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I've got a lot of programs installed though, doing a clean install would take time. So I guess I'll keep going for now, I'm planning to do a fresh Windows 10 install sometime soon. Thanks anyway :)

4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.1.0.0 Released.

ChangeLog:

-Support Nvidia 368.81 driver
    -Support Geforce Experience 3.x
    -new file/folder removal engine that support >260 character (Thanks: devmltk)
    -General code fixes / enhancements

Important note: Most of these change wouldn't have been possible without the help of a fantastic coder: "devmltk"

SHA1: 76C0F7054A7E04C824944BA92643F91E5B1DBCA5

http://www.wagnardmobile.com

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Thanks!!!!

6. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.1.0.1 Released.

ChangeLog:

-Fixed GPU Name identification on launch for some driver version.
    -Fixed SharedDlls removal.
    -Fixed the (alternate) AMD environement path cleanUP that was broken recently.
    -General code fixes / enhancements (SetupAPI)

Important note: Most of these change wouldn't have been possible without the help of a fantastic coder: "devmltk"

SHA1: 2D84B7EE3D6CF72AA090D87D37832236FB3EB598

Recommended usage:
    -The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
    -Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
    -It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.

http://www.wagnardmobile.com

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Thanks! Great work as always!

8. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480
    I can't get DDU to run on Win 10 . When I go to safe mode and try to fire it up , it instantly shuts down the window as it is opening . I can't get it to start in normal mode either .
    I have tried the latest version and tried to go back to an older version.

9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    check if there is a log that is generated.

10. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480
    Hi. Thanks for your reply .

I used the AMD uninstaller in the end .

I had a driver crash issue . I reinstalled new drivers , but the AMD settings option did not install and I wanted to do a fresh install . I got the drivers to install correctly in the end .

Here are some logs ,

" <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<DisplayDriverUninstaller Version="16.1.0.1">

-<LogEntries>

-<Error>

<Time>7/21/2016 4:41:32 PM</Time>

<Message>The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\home2\Desktop\ddu\x64\paexec.exe' because it is being used by another process.</Message>

-<ExceptionData>

<Message>The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\home2\Desktop\ddu\x64\paexec.exe' because it is being used by another process.</Message>

<TargetSite>WinIOError</TargetSite>

<Source>mscorlib</Source>

<StackTrace> at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes, Boolean checkHost) at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.frmMain.frmMain_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\frmMain.xaml.vb:line 5643</StackTrace>

</ExceptionData>

</Error>

</LogEntries>

</DisplayDriverUninstaller> "

" <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<DisplayDriverUninstaller Version="16.1.0.1">

-<LogEntries>

-<Error>

<Time>7/21/2016 4:41:46 PM</Time>

-<ExceptionData>

<TargetSite>WinIOError</TargetSite>

<Source>mscorlib</Source>

<StackTrace> at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes, Boolean checkHost) at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.frmMain.frmMain_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\frmMain.xaml.vb:line 5643</StackTrace>

</ExceptionData>

</Error>

</LogEntries>

</DisplayDriverUninstaller> "

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    PAEExec.exe seems to be locked by something, AV solution perhaps or administrative rights?

I guess Wagnard will have a better idea but that's how it looks from these:
    It's not too uncommon for Windows Defender or what other AV solution you might be using to stop and scan the exe thus preventing it from running so that would be my guess, unsure if the desktop area is UAC protected, I don't think it would be but that would also block access unless you run the software with admin rights. :)
    (Even with a administrator account as Win10 doesn't fully unlock unless you actually use the built-in one and that's not recommended for other reasons such as security.)

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Probably you tried to run it 2 times consecutively or an antivirus or security software got hold of it. As per DDU instruction, you must exclude the DDU folder from it.

Just reboot before launching DDU so the handles get released.

You could also try to unpack DDU into another folder in case you have a folder permission issue that prevent DDU to write paexec.exe

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  13. gridluck

gridluck New Member

GPU:
    your latest DDU is detected as a virus, what the heck? hell no, I'm not running that..
    Trojan.Win32.Generic

14. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Virustotal is comming clean.
    I know Kaspersky heuristic can flag it a trojan because of DDU behavior. (doing lot of stuff in the registry, playing with BCDEDIT).

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    lol, you can relax.

it is safe!

16. Mamiya Sekor

Mamiya Sekor New Member

GPU:
    4GB
    Hi, I need help as I am really bummed up and I really don't know how I can fix this anymore.

For a little background, my GPU is AMD HD6850 and I am running on win10.

A week ago I formatted my PC and did a clean install of everything, and I think that win10 automatically updated and installed my drivers while I was working on installing my other apps. I'm pretty sure windows did this by itself since my resolution automatically changed to 1920x1080 without me doing anything. I still installed catalyst control center anyway.

Yesterday, I used DDU to try and update my graphics driver to a newer one (15.8.1) since the one I am using (wasn't able to check which version) was encountering errors in Adobe Lightroom.

After using DDU, I'm now unable to install ANY of the drivers anymore, including the one prescribed by AMD's detection tool (15.7.1).

My question is, are there any earlier drivers compatible with win10 and for 6850? Windows might have downloaded that instead, but I can't find any. If not, what else could I do to make 15.7.1 work with my PC?

The error I am encountering is the installer just stops responding and I am unable to proceed to the installation. Windows automatic update is also encountering an error (0x800706be).

I have tried everything from doing everything in safe mode to running ccleaner to get rid of registry files but still nothing.

Please help me :(

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Can you please email me the DDU Logs, I'll check them later today. wagnard28@gmail.com

I have search a little bit on the web and there are many post with different cause and many users didnt even used DDU. So its hard to tell what is the exact cause.
    I even saw a page that tell its the AMD driver on Windows update that caused it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  18. blaugznis

blaugznis Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1060 6GB
    Did you click on "Set Windows Automatic Driver installation to default" button after running DDU?

19. fish

fish Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700 XT
    I had this exact problem using the latest version of DDU, my graphics card was locked to the 'microsoft compatibility driver' or whatever it is called. I tried multiple versions of AMD drivers, still nothing - every version would not install the actual drivers, tried using DDU multiple times (always in safe mode) - same outcome everytime. I had to use system restore to get things back to normal. I was almost convinced my hardware had failed.

20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I need some logs to see what is going on, please email them to me at

wagnard28@gmail.com

Also what is the error exactly you were having?
    Are you getting the same error code as the other user? 0x800706be
    Does installing the driver via device manager directly does the same thing?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.