Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    yep, got some free time and some little bugs to fix that was annoying me to leave like that.

2. Metta Sutta

Metta Sutta New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4200
    Excellent! And congratulations! :D
    I was sent a Link to your DDU download posted here from AMD as I have numerous PC issues, one of which is getting my CCC, Radeon card and Display drivers updated. A little odd since they have their own utility for this, but perhaps yours is just more efficient and practical. I willing to bet it is. :)

Anyhoo... I did want to inquire a bit before I attempt their suggested steps as I am no guru or any sort (well... ok... that's not true. I've played with yarn a lot for the last 18 years and can think up patterns in a snap, remembering them is another story ;) ) Personal Computing runs in the family a little... My dad was a wizard of basic machine language and even had a couple of things published in Analog Computing back in the day, so I'm no stranger to it either. Even still, since the release of Win10 my poor baby has been twisted every which way and I'm in no way the wizard my father was so your guidance would be greatly appreciated. :)

I like clarity... clarity is my friend. :D

I have Window 7 x64 Home Premium on an HP Pavilion p6727c BUT it uses an VGA Dell 193 flat screen monitor. My graphics card is the Radeon HD 4200.

I have been advised via AMD that the CCC 13.9 is the last and most qualified to fit with my machine. Is this agreeable in your opinion?

And, in all honesty, if there should be problems that arise from the use of your fabulous DDU, while not expectant, I'm not certain after reading what I have thus far that I would be competent enough in this field to follow your guidance, should the need arise. Is this a utility that the average user can easily follow, or something for more of the Gurus to use?

Any of you wonderfully talented Gurus out there feel inspired to, please chime in... if helpful advise is available I am all ears.

Much thanks and advance appreciation for your big beautiful brains! :)

* EDIT *
    OOPS! I forgot to mention the I have an Authentic AMD CPU so I am a little concerned about the other AMD drivers I use for other hardware also being removed... it happened before so it's important to know the risk factor here.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    First , do a backup either with your favorite tools or at least a system restore point. Every cleaner has its potential risk.

Second, you must run DDU in "Safe Mode" and also exclude it from any security software / antivirus that could interfere with it. (Feel free to scan the package before running it. its just that we must avoid real-time scan)

Normally, while using the default options for DDU, you should not have any problem. (if there is, send me the log and info)

DDU is not supposed to remove any other AMD drivers.

I hope that help you a little and sorry for the late response.

4. deadliner

deadliner Member

GPU:
    HIS 7950 IceQ X² 3GB
    Why in the DDU settings is it "Not Recommended" to clean the AMD folder? Why would I want to keep several gigs worth of old version packages around? Why not get rid of them?

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    No reason really. I should removed the not recommended and just disable it by default.
    But 1 thing sure is that it will always be "unticked" by default because some user do want to keep some "AMD" drivers.

Keep in mind that not only GPU drivers go there.

6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Well, sometimes newer drivers can break compatibility with programs, so it's handy to have the old driver installs around in case you need to fall back.

7. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I will *soon* be releasing a new beta version of DDU for testing.
    If some users that have backups and are not afraid of system reinstalls want to give a try and give me feedbacks , email me at wagnard28@gmail.com

Note: normally there should be no problem but since there are some majors changes I prefer to warn.

Here is an idea of the changelogs:
    Now using WPF instead of WinForm.(1 big advantage: its DPI friendly)
    New log style. (Check it out)
    Added the ability to DDU to change folders permission that were failing to be removed before.
    Now using SetupAPI instead of DEVCON for device removal.
    Fixed Physx was always getting removed in some part of the code.
    Enhancement to the automatic language selection on first launch.
    Improved overall quality of the code.
    And a lot of other not really worth to mention little changes here and there.

Most of these change wouldn't have been possible without the help of a fantastic coder: "devmltk"

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I just format my pc yesterday, to bad i cant help with that testing.

Good job though, thank you!

9. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Definitely in, check your email.

Anything to help you further develop DDU.

10. froladze

froladze New Member

GPU:
    HD 6850
    Hi. I need driver hd 6850 with WDDM 2.0 for Win 10 64bit. He exists or not? If yes, give the link.

11. COOPOD

COOPOD Active Member

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ X 3GB
    *BETA* Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.0.0.0 Released

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    With the next AMD driver update i will try them.

Thanks.

Remove C:AMD not recommended why??

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  13. COOPOD

COOPOD Active Member

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ X 3GB
    There is a folder with the drivers, may have gone online, and there is no possibility to download the driver, and then the folder with the drivers.

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I dont understand what you are saying.

15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Just for the users who want to keep their other drivers

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    ok thanks!

17. IPhantom

IPhantom New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 960 2GB
    Unable to launch Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode on Windows 8.1 x64

I'm unable to install the new NVidia driver 365.19, so I've tried to remove the old driver (353.30) with DDU in safe mode. But, unfortunately, DDU is not launched in safe mode. Please, help.

18. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    System specs and the version of DDU you tried?

19. IPhantom

IPhantom New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 960 2GB
    DxDiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Dq18n6n9sDeEVWRXdQbkFsTVU/view?usp=sharing

DDU version: 15.7.5.5

20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.