Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    As The Mac said, it removed the Monitor you see under device manager. It also remove the one hidden (not connected).
    You can see then with the View/show Hidden devices.

DDU has cleaned them for a long time already but as per a request I received, I made it optional.

2. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I just can't believe I was the first to complain about it so far... Don't other people use their monitor maker's drivers?

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Mine is on update, so it just reinstalled itself.

The one thing it did though was disable my color profile, and i would have to reassign it every time i installed new drivers.

Not that big of a deal really.

4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller 13.5.1.0 (10-31-2014)

Changelog:
    -Now supporting nVidia Quadro removal. (tested and updated for it) Thanks to a cool guy at nV.
    -Removal of nView and NVWMI.
    -System restore is now done when we start the cleanup instead of when starting DDU (Thanks to "The Mac" for the suggestion.)
    -No more paypal.bat file :)
    -No more command prompt quick show up when restarting/shutdown the system with DDU.

Download

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Thank you sir.

Moving the safeboot dialog there would be nice as well.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  6. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    yes, good idea to wait with the restoring point.

thank you mac & wagnard

7. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    This is something I'm not yet 100% sure to do. I dislike a bit having to click clean twice, 1 in normal mode and 1 in safe mode.
    Yeah I know its nothing... but still thinking about it. :nerd:

8. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    FWIW I have been a long time user of DDU, this is the process I have always used and and it always works even in the times that AMD did not uninstall all companents or the control center.

I uninstall AMD drivers though control panel in a regular boot. ( Note I do not install USB Filter Driver or Audio or Raptr)

I then boot into safe mode run the latest DDU ( which was just released a few days ago) I do not allow the Win10 TP to install drivers automatically. I also select the delete all AMD/Nvidia Folder and the clean and do not reboot may cause black screen)

I then boot to disable driver signing and install AMD driver custom and remove the items I mentioned.

Reboot normally one last time after install.

One thing to note since early in windows 8 through now I always run testsinging on mode. Elevated cmd prompt Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    @Wagnard - I sent my Nephew the link to DDU last night to reinstall his drivers - he's just emailed this morning saying that the machine fails to reboot back into normal mode - it's stuck booting into safe mode

Ive advised him to check the boot tab in MSCONFIG (Windows 7) and uncheck safe boot

Waiting for a reply to see if that has fixed it -

I`ll ask him to send me the logs if you want them

EDIT - He's not stuck in safe mode, his windows theme had gone back to classic and HDMI scaling needed setting - doh

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  10. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Good, at first I thought it could have been the bcdedit.

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller 13.5.1.2 (11-10-2014)

Changelog:
    -Fixed the removal of "systemdrive:\nVidia"
    -Fixed a possible error reported in the log on the AMD Orphan TypeLib CleanUP.

Download

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I'm not sure if it was ever suggested, but could the DDU self-extracting package extract itself into a folder, instead of just right into the folder it's ran from?

Like instead of extracting everything in the Downloads folder, could it just extract to Downloads\DDU or something like that?

13. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    If you double click the archive you can choose a folder before you extract.
    You can enter it manually or use the file explorer.

14. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller 13.5.1.3 Released

Display Driver Uninstaller 13.5.1.3 (11-15-2014)

Changelog:
    -Updated Chinese (Traditional) Thanks to Danfong Hsieh
    -Several Fixes / Enhancement.

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/downloads.html

15. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Awesome! Thanks so much DDU Team! :)

16. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Thanks and keep it up TEAM! :D

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080

Always a pleasure !

18. Raztaman

Raztaman Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Biiiig problems from using DDU

Sorry for this being my first post but I didn't know where else to turn.

Just got a Gigabyte GTX 970 to replace my Sapphire 7870 Ghz OC, so I began uniunstalling drivers, but had a few hitches where the drivers weren't uninstalling properly. So I reinstalled them and uninstalled again to find more errors for some random reason. I proceeded to download DDU and used the clean+reboot into safe mode option. However, when my PC restarted, I found that the Windows loading screen was taking forever so I repeatedly restarted my PC trying to see a difference. Eventually for some reason, I removed all USB devices and Windows loaded up into safe mode almost immediately.

Now for the bigger problem... Safe mode is nonfunctional. I simply get a black screen with safe mode in all 4 corners that flicker on and off every couple seconds, with each flicker resetting my cursor to the middle of the screen. Right click does nothing, ctrl alt delete does nothing, there just is nothing. The worst part is that Windows refuses to stop booting this way. I have no clue as to what's going on other than possible corrupt graphics drivers but that doesn't explain not being able to boot into normal Windows or why DDU seems to have done its job SO poorly at this point.

Please someone help me, all I wanted to do was install my new GPU and have fun with it :(

19. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Ok just to clarify,
    Where you able to get in safemode in the first place and launch the cleaning from there? Or you wasnt able to get in safemode at all?

If you were able to do a cleanUP in safemode, your system should have return in normal mode after.
    At first, it almost sound like some sort of hardware issue. but we will try to fix this.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    this sounds like a harddrive/BCD issue.

to get out of safemode, ctl-al-del, select task manager, on the application tab select new task, type "MSCONFIG" and enter. select normal startup.

If normal startup is already selected, click diagnostic startup, then click normal startup to sort of reset it

exit msconfig, and it should ask you to reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.