Display Driver Uninstaller Thread #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 28, 2018.

1. magicool11

magicool11 New Member

GPU:
    RX 480 Gaming X 8G
    Only "issue" I have is that it doesn't switch from safe/minimal boot to normal boot anymore.

B450
    Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 480
    Win 10 Pro 64bit 1909

2. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce R9 380
    Hello Magicool11, When did you first experience this issue? How did you work around the issue? Is DDU allowing you to get into safe mode? Under options, did you select " Enable safe mode dialog "?
    Wagnard will need to see the log files to allow further troubleshooting of the issue. Looking for your responds to all the above questions.

Jackalito likes this.
  3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Just wanted to wish happy holiday to everyone. Take care of you and beloved ones.

warlord, Jackalito, Embra and 6 others like this.
  4. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    Χ370, R1700, V56 flashed to 64, Win10

No problems at all since I can't remember when...

At some point (my previous system, FX990, FX3820, R290, Win10) DDU in safe mode would require me to connect an older (usb) kb because my logitech kb+mouse would be dead upon reboot. When in windows, everything would be fine.

I think I've contacted you about this and after some versions it stopped happening (no idea if it was a Windows, logitech driver or DDu's fault or a weird combo).

5. magicool11

magicool11 New Member

GPU:
    RX 480 Gaming X 8G
    Uhm I can't remember the exact version of DDU.
    There is not really a workaround I just go into msconfig while in safe mode before starting DDU and disable the minimal boot again.
    I always boot into safe mode manually via msconfig that used to work fine after hitting "Clean and restart" in DDU it would boot into regular mode again.
    Do you now have to boot into safe mode via DDU for that to work?
    The "safe mode dialog" is not enabled.
    (Don't know how to attch files directly in this forum so: ) http://www.mediafire.com/file/laayc5swo6pylq7/2019-12-20__10-46-04_DDULog.xml/file

It's not really an issue for me it just used to work without the extra step before.

6. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    yes, since recently, DDU will boot your system back in normal mode if DDU is the one that made you boot into safe mode.
    This was to prevent unnecessary usage of the BCDEDIT command.

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Anybody checked for new leftovers ?! (20.1.3)

Cheers!