Dishonored - New IP by Arkane Studios

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by The Michael, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Csokis

Csokis Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1650 S
  2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    ps3 version is available on PSN..damn attractive.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    xbox360 version def looks the worst out of them 3. pc version is without any aa forced aswell or sweetfx :D

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    iam a bit love to CARRY/MOVE my PS3 to room to room. iam currently stationed in my hobby/gaming room. i prefer my living room which is more airy.

u r right. more cheap and better loading times, visuals..man, ...maybe i buy this later . thanx for the friendly advice :)

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Blade drawn. Knees bent. I sit in a darkened corner listening to heavy constant footsteps coming from the floor above. Back and forth. Back and forth. I take out my binoc and study the ends of the hall...one...two...engaged in light conversation. Something about a wench who has been stealing his hard earned pay. He's going to take care of her when he gets home. It's down to me whether or not he makes it home to carry out that threat. Heavy rain clangs and clinks against a nearby window as I sit dry and comfortable in the arms of a deepened shadow. It fits me. I fit it. We are one.

Rats. I can hear them. A whole heap of rats is somewhere nearby, the next room maybe? Moving now. Possibly locked inside an adjacent hallway or corridor. I slowly move towards the door and put my eye to the keyhole...it's rats alright. Twenty of them at least. If they've been in there for as long as I think they have they will be very hungry this night. I've seen the exact same amount of rats utterly strip the flesh from bone of men that big. Some even bigger. As long as my device stays true I should be able to let them loose...set them free. A free meal of two.

I watch as one of the bigguns slowly walks up towards a painting on the wall and stands there idle. That's a lot of interest given right there so my guess is it has some form of undressed whore in it. Or perhaps he has a thing for boats. The other biggun has now started to head upstairs by the creaking staircase. Time to move. I make way around several expensive looking glass cases not caring much for what they contain. The nearby biggun lights up a smoke but before he can take a drag I take all the air out of his lungs...slowly, quietly. Shhhh now. Sleep. I pick up his body, he weighs quite a bit more than I expected he would and head for the rat room while the other is occupied. I lay him out squarely on the floor as his loud snoring starts to begin to slightly annoy. Jumping up on a nearby wooden dresser I reach over and open the door to allow the feast to begin.

Holy mother of god. There must be thirty at least. Look at them, all cleaning their little faces like they've just fed on a delicous banquet already. Well here is your next my furry friends....enjoy. One of the rats nearest to the door way sits up right next to the body and before I can blink he instigates a mass of movement as all of them rush towards the body and begin to eat. Ravenous. Oh god, the noise. The noise.

One taken down to nothin'. One biggun to go. Then finally I can find what I came for and leave without anyone ever knowing I was here.

I track the footsteps above before stopping and activating my all seeing dark eye. There. Right above me. I can sense what direction he's looking at and it's away from the top of the staircase so I allow my blink ability to make my way to the lower steps from where I stand. Silent. Efficient. Ghost like. Crouching up on the railing I make my way slowly up as the light given off from the expensive looking light fittings glints off the edge of my blade. It has seen no blood tonight. Maybe it still won't. Reaching the top of the stairs I spot the second biggun talking to a house maid. She's pretty. I hope she doesn't say anything to him that would change that. He turns and walks into another room through some large double doors filled with glass. I spot a hole big enough for me to enter above the doorway and blink my way to it. All I need now is a distraction. But what? I equip a dart and fire it on the opposite side of the door below...he doesn't hear it. The maid however does. She slowly walks over curious and is almost about to look up directly at me so I put a sleeping arrow into her thigh. The other biggun hears her drop and goes to investigate and right as he passes me below I drop down plunging my knife deeply into his neck. Blood my blade has finally found.

Two bodies now. One living. One dead. I pick up the biggun and take him to the railing at the very top of the stairs then throw him off hoping my little friends below will get rid of the evidence. Looking downwards I wait patiently as I listen to the little sounds they make...almost adorable sounds. And then just as I planned they rush in for their second meal of the night. I listen to the little sounds they make...the horrible sounds. Ever faithful little soldiers these rats of the plague.

Next I take the sleeping maid over my shoulder and sit her in a darkened corner. It fits her almost as well as it did me. Perhaps she will dream of being rich? Of owning a place like this rather than just cleaning it? Perhaps. My heart pumps in my hand. Stronger and stronger as I move once more. The prize I came for is not far away now. Not far at all. Heavy rain clangs and clinks against a nearby window. I welcome the music it makes.

To Be Continued...

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Installing now. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another low res console port..... (right - who am I kidding?)

8. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Anyone does not have this problem when forcing AA?
    [​IMG]

It only appears in cutscenes. If you dont have it can you please tell what AA settings/tool you use.
    I know you can disable letterboxing (disable UI to be precise), but I like to keep it for now..maybe I'm strange :D

9. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    The graphics really aren't THAT bad. Clearly they aren't the best but let's be reasonable here, the game is beautiful just for it's general art direction and I think the somewhat low res textures compliment it's look.

10. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    This. So much this. If you care to stop and actually look at anything in the game world you will see there's still a lot of love gone into it still. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it's good to see some of us can still appreciate it.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I agree but some better texture clarity would have been nice, some of the posters and sign boards are very near unreadable due to being so blurry. :)
    (Well I can still read them at least, should be happy about that I suppose, character detail is pretty nice too and the environments are beautifully crafted with all alternate paths and little things to discover.)

12. Angelus

Angelus Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 SOC
    Been playing it a bit more now and i can see the appeal more, still, needs a high quality mod :)

13. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    No it doesn't.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lets be honest; the textures look like shlt.

**** I may as well sell my ****** rig and buy a friggin XBOX, I'm sick of these ****in crappy looking ports.

One ****** console port after the other...:bang:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

There needs to be Heart's lamentations!!

- Madness runs in his family. And he is the worst of them all

- His mother's dying words: Bring us whiskey darling.

- Where have the overseers gone. They wade through chest high waters with their hounds.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This game got the best port it deserves.

It's an entirely single player game and a new IP, so was never going to sell huge on the PC, keeping it low spec helps sales on the PC as more people can max it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  17. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    I agree on the posters, they could use an upgrade. The thing about the textures in my opinion is that yes they are low resolution but it's not exactly those ugly grainy source engine-esque low res textures. They're very muddy and it gives the game a painting look which is what I think they were going for if I'm not mistaken. I think if they maintained that muddy look with a texture upgrade this game would be more breathtaking than it already is.

I mean honestly, that first boat ride to the Hound Pits Pub was one of the most beautiful scenes I've seen in a game in recent memory, personally it's a very close second to Skyrim.

There are very few games that have gotten zero complaints from me, and Dishonored is one of them. The AI could use some work, but man this is a really fun game.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    :D

Yey!

19. Csokis

Csokis Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1650 S
  20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I love this game. Not because i can read the posters, but everything else is just great. :) A coop mod would've been cool, maybe for Dishonored2 ?