Dishonored II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    windowed mode is broken , always set to borderless !!

the frames are a lot smoother @ 1440p than 4k even though i see it run always 60+ fps @4k

2. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Not seen any issues yet with my GTX 970 just had a quick play around with the tutorial with everything on ultra was getting approximately 60fps

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Tutorial isn't a good indicator of performance, I too got 60fps there.

It'll tank right after

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Played the game for around 90 minutes in the early hours of this morning once it finished unlocking (which frustratingly took 30 minutes). I'm playing at 2560x1440 Ultra with TXAA and the game look stunning IMO. Sure, the textures can look a little low-res in places but the overall aesthetic and art style is gorgeous and it is backed up with impressive lighting and a detailed world. Shame that the world itself isn't seamless and still separated by loading screens much like the first game with areas of about the same size. In fact, overall the game feels very much like the first Dishonored so far, just more refined in terms of visuals. You also get the choice of a male or female lead this time round.

As for performance, the game is running mostly fine on my PC with a solid 60 FPS indoors (v-synced) and 50-60 FPS in larger outdoor areas with occasional dips below that when there are lots of enemies on screen. It mostly feels smooth but even at 60 FPS the game feels like it is suffering from micro-stutter (RTSS should be able to fix that). I am seeing some odd graphical glitches though from time to time, white lines on background scenery and walls that almost looks like texture seaming. Not a big deal really though as it's real "blink and you'll miss it" stuff.

Seems like a great game so far but it's fair to say that it is just more of the same running on a newer and more modern engine.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    P.S. I'm using HBAO+.

And I also ramped up the Adaptive Resolution setting from its default of 75 to 100 to (presumably) render at native 2560x1440 rather than drop to 75% of that resolution under load. This setting goes from 50 to 100.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    50-60fps eh? Not exactly the FPS you'd expect on a high end card like the 1080. I loved the first game and really want this game too but reading all negative comments makes me glad that I didn't preorder yesterday. I'll wait until it's patched and on sale (or simply cheaper).

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Just got the game as well, will play in a few hours :)

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Well the game detected 2560x1440 Ultra/TXAA settings on Auto at startup with the 75% adaptive resolution and from what I've played that would seem to ensure it sticks to a 60 fps framerate target. However, the thought of playing a game that upscales on PC does not appeal to me although I might try it just to see what kind of performance I get and whether I can see the lower than native resolution.

9. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    TPU has done a performance review ... bit of a gap for AMD even with the new driver.

[​IMG]

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Thats why they need to use id tech6 with Vulkan API not crappy id tech5. It was the same thing with Evil Within.

11. Mere

Mere Member Guru

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    The real performance in the city is way worse than in these benchmarks. This is much worse than Batman at launch.Actually compared to this game Batman had a stellar performance.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Seems so. Here is the gtx980 struggling bad in the city. Performance vary from area to area :

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Tip for Nvidia users.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Interesting... thanks, Rich Guy.

The game has been playable for me (I'm on mission 3) but the performance often drops to 35-45 FPS which obviously does not feel great after playing at60 FPS.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Interesting tip Rich_Guy but then again, looking at the video posted above, his CPU is hardly utilized at all (~25%). Would this trick help those with more powerful CPUs since the thing was to decrease CPU load?

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Void Ending is based off of idTech6.

But, it's been rewritten to DX11 instead of OpenGL.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    idTech5 actually, I also thought they were using a altered idTech6 engine but turns out it was the previous one. :)
    (idTech6 wasn't ready when they started development though with their existing UE experience they might as well have chosen UE4 even if it might have cost a bit more but it would have saved time retooling old idTech5 and they'd be familiar with the code already.)

A bit like Evil Within although with even more extensive engine changes.

18. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    NeoCrap reporting that when you ALT+TAB and check the game process it has "LOW" CPU priority set. For some reason they inclined that the game works at low priority but no one ever bothered to check it while game is in focus.

I believe the process automatically sets low-priority when out of focus/minimized and should be back to Normal when active.

For the love of the god someone told them to use Process Explorer to monitor it, jesus.

19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Its still low while in focus. Putting it higher gives an fps increase. But hey you keep ragging on the people trying to get it working better.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Suppose I could try the Game Ready Driver.
    Never bothered to install it when Titanfall 2 released, but... since it's also the GRD for DisHonored II... I could.

Maybe.

EDIT:
    It's hard to really tell.
    All of Arkane's info just says based on idTech. They never specify which build, and I've seen information and reports that say idTech6 or idTech5.

But, either way... it doesn't matter.
    The bottom line is that it seems idTech just doesn't work as intended when it's reworked.
    idTech5 worked amazingly well for me on past titles like RAGE and both Wolfenstein releases. Silky smooth performance and no issues.

The Evil Within though, while I can now play it as 60fps... at release, that wasn't possible. And it took some time to get to a stable place.
    It just seems the newest builds of idTech just don't play nice when the inner workings are toyed with.

Now, DisHonored II's performance quirks all seem easily fixed. And can most likely be improved through a few quick updates and possibly a new driver.