Dishonored II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Probably just be a more advanced version of Void.
    But, who knows. Arkane wanted to take a break from DisHonored... so, who knows if/when they will return to it.

2. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Wish we could jump into different timelines via portals in the next Dishonored.

Also wish they would introduce a glide mechanic like a BatCape[tm].

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    All Dishonoured games are available on GOG now, and with an opening 70% discount for a pack of all three (1+2+Death of the Outsider).

cerebus23, Undying and Kolt like this.
  4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Trying to get to the Assessment Chamber, where Sokolov is at the minute, all these Configuration Levers to pull, that change the house around. :p

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The Clockwork Mansion is one of the stand out missions in the game.
    But, the best mission... is later.... "A Crack in the Slab"...

That one is so much damn fun.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Yes, please! Now that Arkane is under the Bethesda umbrella it should most definitely use the excellent idTech engine. Void was OK but technically sub par compared to idTech.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well this is weird, ive got Sokolov, but if i put him down near the entrance, so i can go back to look for my way to Jindosh, i can't save the game, it greys out, the only way i can save again, is if i pick Sokolov back up, so have him on my shoulder, so looks like, i'll have to carry him with me, to find Jindosh, or, im not going to be able to save again :confused:

Also strange, i took the whale tank out of the arc machine thing, underneath it, and he says, ive disabled it, but when i go back to where it is, its still bloody on, as i went back to the room it was in, to explore it, and the bugger got me!.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Dishonered 3 has largely been done with Death of the Outsider. That one is a pretty tidy and finite conclusion to the story.

Think most skipped over it cause the reviews weren't stellar at the time, I played it late '17 (on a discount) and found it pretty good.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    ---
    Yep, Death of the Outsider was just as awesome as D2 imo, even a bit more polished and much better graphics.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, Void is a heavily modified idTech5.
    Which they made further improvements on with Death of the Outsider.

They said they wanted their own tech to fit what they were doing, instead of having to always modify another companies tech.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just done a search, Arc pylon still being active, is a bug, that never got fixed :p

What about the one where you have to keep Sokolov on your shoulders, and carry him about, or you can't save anymore ?

EDIT:

Just done a quick search, and someones had that weird one too, wtf, im not gona carry the bugger all over the shop just so i can save the bloody game. :D

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Maybe it was the "modded part" that made it different than original idTech5? Wolfenstein used that engine and I had absolutely no problems with the game whatsovever.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    That's because Wolf:TNO used idTech5, with only some small changes to lighting.

Void rewrote large portions of the engine, IIRC, Arkane said they was less then 23% of the original code still in place.
    But, given that idTech is free to any ZeniMax studio... it makes sense that they would want to use/modify it instead of license an outside engine.

Or constantly jump from idTech to idTech.

14. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Funny you say that, I've played Wolfenstein: Old Blood yesterday (IdTech5) and even on a Ryzen 3700x and an Nvidia 1080 (non-ti) it still chugs at some areas if you go for some of the "above ultra" settings. MSAA and shadows seem the biggest hog, even if the game doesn't reflect that visually.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I honestly don't remember anything like what you describe. I guess MSAA is always a problem :)

My biggest grudge with Dishonored was the micro stutter when looking at something far away. Felt like when the FPS went down a little bit there was immediate stutter.

16. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I guess... Id5 wasn't a well working engine for me in any game it ran, but its issues can be brute forced with raw power. It did this in the opening drive to the castle, but in the firefights in the dungeons it seems solid 60 at 1080 with 4x MSAA and 4096 shadows.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I can install the game and try if you want? But like you said maybe the issue won't be there due to raw power.

18. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Seeing that you have a 2080ti, it better be working better for you than me! XD

Thanks, but don't waste your data on me (unless you too want to replay the game) .;)

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    All right then :)

Thanks but no, I have Wolcen and RDR2 to finish before DOOM comes out :p

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I dont recall having that problem, but seems others are. If you can go back to an earlier save (before the issue occurred) and try to save again, it may work. Also I read that if you deal with (or kill) Jindosh first, that may fix it. I do remember myself doing that before rescuing Sokolov.