Dishonored II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    That Asylum mission will forever go down as one of the scariest and terrifying experiences in gaming for me ever. I remember my first time playing was during a storm and the power went out in the middle of the damn mission... almost had a heart attack all those years ago.

AsiJu and emperorsfist like this.
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    IKR? It's so well done, and the atmosphere is superb. The new engine helped that game, and while not as perfect as Thief 2, 3 was still a great addition to the series.

3. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Damn, now I got to fire it up and see for myself! I'm more of a first person shooter, but I bought this game based on people's opinions here. For what I paid and all I'm not sorry, again just not my kind of game is all. I do have a hard time going back to it after some time, maybe I'll restart it and see...........

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Thief (any of them) isn't a fps, but a stealth game. That said, as someone who is more of a run'n'shoot type of person, these games are great ihmo and have aged nicely (check out the texture mods for a face lift)!

jaggerwild likes this.

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    Ah, yes... Asylum mission was scary AF.
    And in first Thief zombies are implemented so well that they actually scare me away from replaying the game. I just can`t stand them.

Links...

jaggerwild and emperorsfist like this.
  6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Thief HD (for no. 1)

https://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-gold-hd-texture-mod

Thief 2

https://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-2-hd-texture-mod

Thief 3

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-collective-thief-deadly-shadows-texture-pack

Also an unofficial patch for T3

https://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-3-sneaky-upgrade

mbk1969 likes this.
  7. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Have you tried Nvidia inspector? It lets you work the settings for all games(depending on its date of production).

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just started playing this, but i havn't got a clue about anything, as ive not played any of these Dishonored games before, all new to me :p

I got the Pull Object power, but everytime i try to grab the bottles etc..., with it from a distance, so i can throw them to distract the guards, as soon as i grab them, they just smash straight away, right in front of my face :D

Bit buggy as well, i as went into a building, and when i got near a window, it came up in the middle 'locked from the inside', and it wouldn't go off, i was going about with 'locked from the inside', plastered in the centre of the screen, i had to quick save/reload, to get the sod off, and i got my first BSOD with the sad face, we're collecting info, before restart job, just as i fired it up, and bent down to look through a keyhole! :D

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Cant recall any bugs or BSODs, but be patient as you familiarize yourself with the game in the beginning. You are in for a very rewarding experience, the game is a masterpiece. If any issues with the gameplay or you get stuck anywhere, check out some of the numerous walkthroughs on youtube.

Rich_Guy and Kolt like this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Game was running poorly compared to outsider expansion but i also dont recall any crashing or bsods. Rich your overclocks are not stable. :p

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    If memory serves I finished the whole game without a single crash.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I've got almost 90 hours into DisHonored 2, never once had it crash.
    And I've had it since release, back before Arkane improved the performance.

The game's main issue was always performance, stability wasn't much of an issue. Wonder if something else is causing a conflict.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I've had a few BSODs in a couple of games recently which I traced back to a new NVMe drive which I cloned windows 10 onto. Wiped the drive clean, re-installed the OS and everything solid now.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    Game ran like shite yes i remember very well but death of the outsider ran better

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Yeah Outsider runs much much better. I remember playing D2 with a r9 280x, it was running like crap. :D

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    With Outsider Arkane had the proper time to actually do it right.
    They said with DH2 they felt the PC version was rushed, and as such they didn't have the proper amount of time to really get the engine to were it needed to be.

But, they've drastically improved it since release. Game runs great now, and Outsider shows that the problems in DH2 are not just because Void is based off of idTech5. As so many claimed.
    They just didn't have the time they needed.
    And they've stayed true to their word since, promising not to release a title in such a state again. Outsider and PREY both released in great condition.

17. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    when it comes to Dishonored, i think the first game was superior. while the second game was
    amazing, the first game was something special. Corvo is one of those "silent types" that
    brought deep\interesting theme to the series.

ramthegamer likes this.
  18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah will do, seems a good game so far :)

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    I might replay the first game, since my next singleplayer game is doom which comes in 2 months..

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Got that power that turns em to ash straight away, and they disappear when you kill them, its hilarious when you get 2x together, and you kill one, his mate just goes 'Huh ?',as he disappears right in front of him :D