Dishonored II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    I will try the game without magic capabilities (you can refuse to take the mark of the Outsider).

Kolt likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    "A mission to kill a god" outsider is op.

3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    mbk1969 likes this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    Already finished that one long ago when it came

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    Any other recommendations on stealth games? I have finished deus ex aswell, have played those u mentioned

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super

(Will update if remember something else....)

PS @ramthegamer , and of course there are all new Wolfenstein entries where you can play stealth almost all the time.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    ramthegamer likes this.
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Death of the Outsider, which imo is even better than Dishonored 2. Better graphics, awesome gameplay.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    i already did finish that

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Arkane said they were going to take a break from DisHonored.
    I mean, Arkane Lyon are working on Deathloop, but, what are Arkane Austin doing? Most likely... a sequel to PREY.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, I see it being one of their E3 announcements next year. With DOOM coming this year, they'll announce something that will release in 2020.

angelgraves13 likes this.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
  12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And, they've already said the next DisHonored game will feature an entirely new story, setting and new characters.
    They said with the "Death of the Outsider" they've finished the Corvo story.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    on another note guys, how s Thief? is it a good game? because reviews were so bad for that game

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    I never read reviews. I just view playthroughs at YT to estimate the game.
    Latest Thief is not better then the previous games of the franchise, but since you probably have not played them you will not compare.
    I enjoyed it.

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    OG Thiefs are way better. Start there if you haven't tried them.

16. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    The "new" Thief (it's already several years old...) isn't as trash as you may have read, but compared to the OG 3 games (with Metal Age being the most popular), it's way less complex and falls into the "meh" category. It's not awful, but it's average to OK at best.

Kolt likes this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It really depends on what you are looking for.
    If you go in, expecting the original Thief games again... you will be disappointing.

But, if you can go into it with an open mind, looking for a stealth action game... you should be satisfied.
    I personally really enjoyed it. Most people calling it trash or awful are just upset that it's not the original series again. But, this game is also set about 300 years after the original games. You play as a different thief, in a different city. In a much different time.
    As a stealth game, I found it solid, the city hubs are not vast open, sprawling locations. But, they are open enough, with various paths and options to give the player freedom to explore.

Kolt likes this.
  18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    It's definitely not a trash or even bad game. It's just not exactly the Thief game most of us were really hoping for and it is definitely not as good as the original ones.

This was part of the problem imo. They basically threw out so much lore and a lot of what made the previous Thief games interesting, plot and lore-wise. No Hammerhaunts? No crazy pagans?

[​IMG]

You also have the removal of being allowed to really tackle things the way you want. Rope arrows being limited to certain spots... ouch. Map design was made very linear and not really like the classic designs at all. Then the new game also has this very glaring problem with it's sound design: IT's BARELY THERE. In OG Thief games the sound design was a staple of the series and effected how you play the game. The new Thief sound was not a part of the gameplay at all really.

Here's a long video but it's really worth it if you want to see all the problems with the game and how it really went off path from the classic three:

Again, not a bad game at all.. it just looks a lot worse when you compare it to the originals and what Thief 4 COULD have been.

Also, some of you guys should check out The Dark Mod. It's free and is really close to the original Thief games in it's design. 100% FREE.

emperorsfist and mbk1969 like this.
  19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    You also have to keep in mind, it wasn't the Thief game Eidos Montreal were trying to make.
    After the success of DX:HR the studio got a LOT of attention, and so, the publisher started pushing certain ideas. The Thief they actually released is only a part of what they originally intended.

Thankfully, the publisher learned from this... a little. They still interfered with DX:MD... but, not nearly as much.

20. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I really didn't like that they threw out a lot of the supernatural stuff. It made the game so much more interesting and, well, dark. Even though Thief 3 wasn't as popular as no. 2, the Asylum level was awesomely creepy.

Kolt likes this.