1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dishonored II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    You only need to log in to get the free new content. Arkane is an amazing developer. They are basically carrying the torch of Looking Glass Studios which is my favorite dev team of all time (Thief 1/2 and System Shock). This alone makes me want to encourage you to finish those games, but just don't log into the Bethesda account :p

Kaleid likes this.
  2. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    New content for a great game you say...?

Wait, Bethesda Launcher required...

[​IMG]

scatman839 and Angantyr like this.
  3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    eh, I should have clarified my last post. I'm pretty sure you only need to log into the game itself with a Bethesda account. I don't think you need the launcher itself.

That being said, I don't advocate for either..

4. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    Hmm, well I'll give it a try. Perhaps a run through in which I kill everything sans civilians.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Only recently started this game. Although played Dishonored, was not really compelled by it to get the sequel. Wow, was I wrong! This is an incredible game! Just finished the Clockwork Mansion mission and dealing with Kirin and his mechanical soldiers. One of the most satisfying gameplay moments I've ever had in a game. The level of creativity that went into this game is awe inspiring. Have really gotten into stealth games this past year, with Splinter Cell Blacklist, Metal Gear Solid 5 and now this. Looks like my favorite game genre.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i still not tried to get back into it just sit in my steam library and i think about playing it.

guess i picked the dude though and well hes got jack squat for abilities that make the game so fun. dunno wth i am supposed to get those but i think i was on the 3rd or 4th map after the boat ride out of the city? all i do is sneak around and try and shoot and stab heavily armed dudes. plays more like thief than some op demi god game.

so i been playing stalker since i am supposed to be a mortal scrounging to survive and the story and world are better :p.

7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Has the game gotten better with patches? I remember that at launch it was plagued by bugs (mostly stemming from it running on a modified idTech 5).

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well last i played it the fps was solid, i got the game well after launch and i read reviews because i read about the horrible launch.

And i did not encounter any bugs.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I played it quite early on and honestly did not come across any standout bugs, this is one of the rare few games I actually finished, it's quite simply a good video game.

emperorsfist likes this.
  10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I guess it did, then (I did come across rather extensive patch notes xd). I've played the first one and kinda liked it (even though it punishes the action route too much...). I've been eyeing this at a sale, but wasn't sure of it's technical difficulties.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yes. Arkane really fixed it up with the updates they did.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Just got a Death of the Outsider. After first two games (great games) im hoping this one will be too.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's a little different, but it's a lot of fun.
    I really enjoyed it, and should replay it at some point.

Undying likes this.
  14. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070
    The only thing I disliked and that made it unplayable for me; was how it felt like it was running on 60hz even though my FPS were hitting past 90 FPS on my 165 hz display. Just extremely choppy and unbearable.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The engine wasn't ready.
    Death of the Outsiders feels WAY better, and just shows they just needed more time to iron out the kinks.

Since Void Engine was built out of idTech5, you can kind of see how the 60fps issue could pop up. As idTech5 was built completely around 60fps.

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I'm actually replaying this game right now... I remember it ran iffy when it first came out, but now it's much smoother... but it's probably me using a 2080 and an 8700k now and brute forcing any issues.

I'm playing as the girl now because the first time I played I HAD to play as Corvo just because his voice actor is Stephen Russell who voiced Garrett in the Thief series.

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    When DisHonored II first released, I struggled to maintain anything close to a smooth framerate. Texture streaming was broken, frame rate was awful...

After a few updates, I could maintain a solid 60fps. The game looked good, ran much better... but, there were still some frame timing issues if you played with the FPS over 60.
    At 60FPS it was great, but, as soon as your FPS went higher... you could feel something was off.
    This has also improved through updates, and Death of the Outsider fixed it. Thankfully.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    To think i finished D2 broken as it was with 280x 3gb, 30fps hehe, now Outsider works 60fps max no problem but also with a 580. :)

They fixed the issues completely.

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    About midway through Death of the Outsider. Just finished the bank job mission. This is one hell of a game, I like it even better than D2 so far. More polished and far better graphics quality.

20. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Time to finish this gem. Played about half-way then said I'd wait for patches. Time came and went and now I'm ready to play it in 4K :)

It runs a lot better...especially on a 2080 Ti. I'll finish this high chaos playthrough then try to do Ghost, Shadow, and Clean Hands.