1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dishonored II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, Death of the Outsider lacks any real stand out missions like those two. But, it's still a great addition to the series.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Was the game ever patched to solve the constant stuttering?

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I am finding the game running smooth now... I'm not sure if it was a patch or a newer video card driver that fixed it though.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Thanks. I really enjoyed the first one and always wanted to buy and play the second part. I tried the demo some 9 months ago and remembered having stuttering then.

5. fernake

fernake Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    If so, maybe it's time to buy it, I love these games and it's a shame that a masterpiece like Dishonored 2 is tarnished by technical problems that could have been solved from the beginning.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    New updates were released today for both DisHonored II and Death of the Outsider...

DisHonored II

Death of the Outsider

Susahamat likes this.
  7. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    I think the bank level is quite nice, but as said before the game seems a bit ADHD for my taste.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    i would love to play dishonored 2 again for a second playthrough, game is amazing

9. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    The game has today received a new update that removes Denuvo anti-tamper tech from Dishonored 2.
    And while I think that is good news, there is also something I consider bad about todays announcement:

Free Content for Dishonored 2 & Death of the Outsider

If you want the new game mode & free content, you must register and use Bethesda.net

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Good riddance to denuvo. All that stuff feels too little, too late now. Engagement with the beth client must be poor for them to do that.

I saw a similar update for evil within 2. They give you more items if you register for their shitty (dis)service but iirc the items felt like they'd just make you op.

11. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    aka dropping regular DRM for the always online + your personal data DRM. Next step, removing purchase option from other platforms?

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Considering the following article, I want to stay far far away from signing up for anything Bethesda. They need to get their stuff sorted out.. It's not the biggest problem in the world, but this + the other website debacles and issues... yeah no thanks. Not right now at least.

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/Bethesda-bypass-GDPR-ads#

"Bethesda may well have breached General Data Protection Regulation with the way they've been pushing ads for Zenimax products (who Bethesda operates under) through the use of the Bethesda Account creation process."

"According to a recent Reddit post, a user has noticed that upon the creation of a brand new Bethesda.net account, users automatically opt into seeing Zenimax-related ads on other websites, which is a major no-no according to GDPR, and is moderately worrying even without it."

cerebus23 and lucidus like this.
  13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    It's called FO76 :p Ubisoft tried always online with AC2 all those years ago and it failed. Let these morons try, the laughs will be good.

14. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    I have nothing to hide from my identity for anyone. Anyway, I have not a problem, linked my steam with bethesda account for my games and voila, all the content is there. Joy is not for the faint hearted.

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    It's not just about hiding anything. " users automatically opt into seeing Zenimax-related ads on other websites,"

It's about shady advertising tactics going against the law. It's also about their inability to create a functioning website that securely retains your information. Information that the PUBLIC should not have access to. You may not care about your privacy that much, but you might care if credit card information was taken, or even if someone was able to simply close out your support ticket without you knowing. (https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/12/05/bethesda_support_ticket_system_leaked_customer_information)

Take that as you will. It's enough for me to not trust a company.

EDIT:

Here are the "free content". Totally not worth it.

"Logging in with your Bethesda.net account will get you the following new modes in both Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider:

### Mission+
    Take a trip back in time to any previously completed mission from the campaign and experiment freely with all powers and weapons.

### Black and White
    Feeling moody? Black and White mode lets you experience the game in a new visual style. This filter does exactly what it says on the tin, but all blood will remain red. See? Moody. You can toggle between Black and White mode and the original color mode at any time.
    In addition to these two new modes, Dishonored 2 players who log in with their

Bethesda.net account will also gain access to the original pre-order bonus, the Imperial Assassin’s Pack. When you stop by the Dreadful Wale, you’ll find all the bonus items in the pack waiting for you in your cabin.
    The Imperial Assassin’s Pack includes:
    • Duelist’s Luck bone charm
    • Void Favor bone charm
    • In-game Antique Serkonan Guitar for Emily or Corvo to interact with
    • In-game book: Goodbye, Karnaca – A Musician’s Farewell
    • 500 bonus coins
    The new modes and the pre-order bonus are available on all platforms."

https://bethesda.net/en/article/j58...kane&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=Community

G*addict and Angantyr like this.

16. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    I have no intention of signing up for more launchers, beyond what I'm currently using.
    My platform of choice is always GoG, cause the launcher is optional and they actually give me the choice to avoid it. So I do that.

Steam is just ubiquitous, and has slowly gotten better through trial and error, though I've not used it as a storefront since they introduced greenlight - The games I've bought, I always found or heard of from a 3rd party.
    And I'll begrudgingly use Uplay for the occasional Assassins Creed. And Origin for, well, I guess BioWare games.

Beyond these, I think I'm just done, I don't want to sign up for anymore publisher launchers. Any game or exclusivity deal they might offer, I'll happily skip.

Kolt and lucidus like this.
  17. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    I respect all devs and coders out there. I won't be a spoiled kid fighting anymore. I will install and opt in everything given. I mean some people put effort and time even for the tiniest of details.

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Look.. I agree that a lot of this is just minor details here and there that can be easily avoided.. but you have to understand the difference between devs just trying to make something cool and new, and a company doing something completely wrong that should not be supported. It breaks my heart to know that I may not play another Arkane or ID game again unless they clean up their act, but I know deep down that the best thing I can do to even attempt to make this world a better place (as far as gaming goes) is to vote with my wallet. That's all that matters in the end to these companies. I'm no social justice warrior or anything like that.. but I have my own integrity and we are at an age of plentiful games. There are enough amazing titles out there that I can actually completely ignore companies. It's not about Steam. It's not about GOG. It's not about 1 company or anything like that. I see a problem with how Bethesda is handling not only their game franchises, but also how they handle people's security, information, and how they treat the modding community that made them what they are. They have taken a lot of plays straight out of EA/Activisions books and I don't want to support that. Not buying anymore of their games is the only way I can do that.

I don't think you are necessarily wrong or even bad for ignoring that. You sound like a true gamer who just wants to play and not care, and I can respect that. If Arkane releases Dishonored 3 or Prey 2 I will have a VERY hard time with even my own statement above.. I am already sad about Doom Eternal most likely not coming to Steam.. but if we all just roll over and keep accepting this sort of game development and lack of care then it will certainly get worse. I decided that since I have a huge backlog of games, and because there are so many games still coming out, that I am in a good position to just ignore most of these games and bad publishers.

I think I've just had enough of the BS, but I don't necessarily want to give in and just accept it either.

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Amazing, the things people come out with.

The other day, I was reading an article about how modern day life is different from how people used to be, and the article included a section where people could add their comments. Anyway, in one of the comments, someone recalled picking up a hand written shopping list, and on the list of items it included "learn to live free". :)

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i never finished any of these games just tossing that out there, guess the whole victorian setting is not my thing.

and now beth wants me to log into their garbage to play? guess i can uninstall it just taking up space atm.