Dishonored II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Triple buffering has always been on as I never play any game without v-sync on so it's the only way to avoid sudden drops from 60 to 30 fps when the framerate dips to 59 fps or lower. Triple buffering is not a fix for poor frame pacing though which is what this game has and oddly even RTSS doesn't seem to fix despite the fact that I am seeing 16.6ms for each frame when it is running at 60 fps yet it still feels stutter/laggy in motion. :3eyes:

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    The aramis stilton mansion level is so convoluted haha. Headache inducing, navigating around a 4d map.

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    You were getting drops to 45 @ 1080p with a 980TI? Holy sheet, I'm not even gonna bother with this game playing at 21:9 then.

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    I WAS getting drops, not so anymore. I wouldn't count on performance getting any better at this point.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Thats a shame. Playing this at 25fps just aint gonna cut it. Hard to believe that performance could be so poor.. I mean the game looks nice, but not THAT nice.

6. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    You're only managing 25fps? At what settings/resolution?

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I'm not, I'm just saying if it's fair to expect 60fps at 1080p, I can't see how I could get 25-30fps at 3440x1440

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    So this was next on my list to play through but I'm getting very motion sick while playing it. I'm thinking this may be due to the horrendous frame pacing issues I'm getting despite having a steady 60fps. Either that or it has something to do with the look acceleration on the gamepad.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    A couple million more pixels and framerate does tend to drop pretty fast, that even goes for say the Pascal 1080 although well it'll vary from game to game and that GPU in particular certainly has the power to drive a screen res beyond 1920x1080 in most games. :D
    (Assuming the game takes full advantage of that and other components such as CPU and RAM...that kinda complicates things unfortunately.)

EDIT: Not exactly a math expert or anywhere near good with math at all but something like 1920x1080 ~2 million pixels in total.

3840x2160 for 16:9 or 3840x1440 for 21:9 and it's around 5.5 million pixels for the 21:9 res and just above 8 million pixels for the 16:9 one.

EDIT: And if I were to actually read and use the proper 21:9/Ultra-wide res of 3440x1440 well that's still just below 5 million pixels it seems.

In any case "just" doubling the resolution from 1080 to 2160 has a pretty hefty effect on GPU performance due to that, same for the ultra-wide one even if it's a bit lower.
    (Or well 2x2 or 4x or how it's called since it's both width and height.)

Pascal is still a damn powerful GPU though so it can do 4K in several games at a pretty good framerate.

Same with some of the Maxwell GPU's, can't exactly call the 980Ti a slow GPU.

And on AMD's side the Fury isn't too bad though the newer 480 is a bit behind it as display resolution increases.
    (Vega10 whatever it'll actually be named was to be the replacement over Fury but it's still not available though at least some details on it are finally starting to emerge.)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  10. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    So rats are ridiculously overpowered in this one. All I have to do anymore is summon rats to kill everything. Then I can eat the rats to regain all the mana I used and then some. Granted you can't kill the clockwork dudes with the rats but still anyone else is a nonentity at this point.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Another beta update. :)
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/403640/discussions/0/141136086912264102/

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Performance any better with this patch?

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Patch is out of beta now, no further changes so if you already were on the beta branch you're up to date.

As for performance improvements I don't think this update changed anything specifically in regards to that but the Steam forums is a bit of a mess when trying to find info.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/403640/announcements/detail/563353721561646542

Update #3 (beta)

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Moved to the public branch or well the release/normal branch.

No longer in beta. :)
    (No additional changes, beta branch just seems like a quick release of the update for the PC version so far heh.)

16. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    Dishonored 2 Stuttering's almost fixed!

It's still not perfect, but I think It's best way to play this game. Look at this extra chaos example;).

What we need?
    1. Make sure you've configured Dishonored 2 to achieve rock-solid 60FPS.
    2. Download Riva Tuner Server Statistic and set lock to 60FPS (RTSS is probably best way to get pefect framepacing in most of games).
    3. In your driver settings you should have:
    - Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
    - Threaded optimalization - On
    MOST IMPORTANT
    4. Use Borderless Fullscreen instead of Fullscreen mode - you can set it in Options\Visuals\Video Settings tab.
    5. Turn on VSync in game (Options\Visuals\Advanced Settings).
    6. Don't use Triple Buffering (Options\Visuals\Advanced Settings)!

I hope It will work for you.

17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
  18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
  19. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    What a joke I have lag and the game is half a year old the devs will recieve a downvote if I didn't like Dishonored 1 so much i'd refund.

1920x1080

Adaptive Resolution: Off
    Anti-Aliasing: TXAA 1x
    Bloodfly Shadows: On
    Bloom: On
    Character Detail: Ultra
    Decal Quality: High
    Depth of Field: On
    FPS Limited: 120
    Lens Flare: On
    Light Shafts: On
    NVIDIA HBAO+: On
    Rat Shadows: On
    Shadow Quality: Very High
    Texture Details: Ultra
    Volumetric Lighting: On
    Water Quality: Very High

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    I tried the demo and I now understand why everyone is saying that the game stutters. Even at 144fps, strafing clearly makes the camera stutter all the time. Tweaking different settings did help and it runs fairly OK now but there clearly is something wrong with the game.