Disappointed with this current-gen

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by SerotoNiN, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Like 2

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    I couldn't care less about exclusive games. All I care about is a good game.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Yup exclusive =/= good game.

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    As I said before. MGS V is a game done right on all systems. Rocket League is another example I can think of off the top of my head.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I'm certain several of those won't make it in 2016. Mass Effect and Dishonored 2, especially. The Last Guardian is still vaporware until I see it physically in a jewel case being sold in a store and No Mans Sky seems to be having a lot of technical trouble on the ps4. I wouldn't be surprised if it misses it's June 16 target.

And again, this is the same thing as last year, someone posts a list of games to me and 3/4ths of them are still not out. Uncharted 4 was in a list like this for last year, etc.

Anything that's not an exclusive automatically gets played on my PC where it looks best and gives me the comfort of my kb&m - especially for Doom, Mirror's Edge 2, etc. I only have consoles at this point for exclusives and any 3rd party game that is absolutely unplayable and broken on PC like Batman Arkham Knight.

Uncharted 4 and Ratchet/Clank are the only two titles that are exclusives that I feel 100% confident will make it in 2016.

6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I'd love to know what insomniac is up to. They have been quiet since Infamous SS, they must be hard at work on something.

7. SA SYS

SA SYS Active Member

GPU:
    GEFORCE GTX 1080 FE
    what do you expect from a 100-120$ apu ( ps4 and xb1 ) ??! running a game on ultra settings 4k 120fps ?! :D

only reason to buy a console = exclusive games like halo - forza - last of us - uncharted

i never had a microsoft or sony console .... and i'm a pc gamer

some pc games like crysis & .... have true PC GAMING TEXTURES

other games just trying to sell on consoles more .... and make me sick -_- ( i'm talking about graphics )

( if you know a good graphics mod for gta:v plz give me a link )

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Default for Halo Custom/Combat evolved is 30fps vsync, you can turn vsync off to get rid of the cap but the animations do not match the fps. Halo 2 I'm not sure about, I've never played it on PC....

Halo Online is hella fun. Having fun on both official and non official servers. :D

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    I played the original Halo on the PC, loved it. Multiplayer is the best part.

10. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    You really don't understand I guess your a console gamer we as PC users are forced to use better GPUs due to console ports I wish I still had my 660ti sli setup but due to Lazy console ports we need overpowered hardware to play a game that should require much less.

11. Trixster

Trixster Active Member

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    And Halo CE still has live servers after all this time too, community didn't let it die - yet

12. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Me too! In fact, I still occasionally play it but I still find it funny how this game has 0 lag compensation though, if someone has 100ms latency, you have to shoot slightly ahead.

I do like though how if I jump on the game and play a few rounds, I can still get top of leaderboards just with the good ol' pistol ;) Sadly, most games that are open tend to be noob tube fetishes rather than just normal games.

13. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Unfortunately even with the false promises of DX12, this won't be changing anytime soon. Sigh....

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    And going by a recent interview that has the lead dev trying to scale hype back, its probably going to get scaled down.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    Judging from the latest video I've seen the graphics have been scaled down. I saw a lack of AA with blurry textures.

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    At the moment, yes I’m playing more on consoles. Been a PC gamer for 20 years, but for the past few of them I just don’t see the point in wasting my money on PC parts.

But you missed my point completely. What I was saying is that you’re wrong in thinking that somehow a better chip here or there will make gaming and games better. It is not all about graphics people! They don’t make a game good. Maybe better to look at, but not a better game. And my god, I’m tired of seeing Crysis mentioned in every damn thread that inevitably gets derailed into moaning about graphics. Let that 8 year old game go. Actually it is a proof of what I’m trying to say – better graphics don’t make a game better, because that’s one of the most boring, stupid and unengaging games that I ever played (and did not even finish).

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infamous_Second_Son

Infamous second son was made by sucker punch productions.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think they were all made by Sucker Punch.

It's Resistance that was developed by Insomniac, and i think they have been working on the Ratchet & Clank Remake.

19. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I don't know why I said insomniac and not sucker punch lol. My bad.

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Still waiting for Half Life 2, Episode 3...that's nearly TEN YEARS LATE

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015