Disable HDCP regedit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bluedevil, Apr 8, 2022.

1. PanosXidis

PanosXidis Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 SUPRIM X
    Default bcdedit commands is the best you dont need this
    bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
    bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
    bcdedit /set tscsyncpolicy enhanced

2. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    Excuse my ignorance, your power plan has caught my attention, I used to use the 1usmus Custom Power Plan for Ryzen 3000 Processors (needless to say that this person is an eminence in this, he was the developer of Dram calculator).
    My doubt is if this works also for Ryzen 3000 or only for 5000, I am happy with this power plan it is much better than the Balanced provided by AMD, could it work on zen2?
    thanks for sharing it i didn't know it because the 1usmus plan i feel it was outdated.

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Normally I would agree, the drop in frametime tells me something different though.
    It could relate to a combination of using it with the latest BIOS, my Zen3 CPU and the latest AMD drivers on my system though.

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You are welcome, found it working to well just to keep it for myself.
    I have been missing a plan that worked just like that since I switched to Windows 11, tried some other plans and tools but nothing got me close to.
    Probably because I don't have the full in dept knowledge and other plans and tools don't exactly simplify it as the included batch files.

The zip file has several power plans for all Zen processors, although it seems that for Windows 11 only plans for Zen3 are included, not sure how the Windows 10 plans work, you could probably compare and tweak them to though.
    The interesting part are the batch files, they are really easy to figure and adjust, to use them with a plan that isn't included you can find the GUID via the powercfg command.
    Code:
    powercfg list
    If you got questions to the plans/scripts it might be better to ask tanaka_777 directly in the thread where he shared it.
    Re: BUG: Windows 11 Power saver plan - Microsoft Tech Community

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022

5. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    i'm curious why you would want to enable HPET now?
    i thought it causes stuttering and things like that in games, has anything changed?
    (i'm on w10 still if that makes a difference)

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Right?

He's so angry he's stumbling over his words xD

ChriscomIT likes this.
  8. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Never seen HDCP cause stutter without HDCP playback actually being active. But stutter with HDCP playback & Nvidia is not just a myth, if I recall correctly it casued by stutter in the Amazon Prime app not long ago. It definitely did so with my old display and the Netflix app in the past. Works way better with AMD and probably also Intel. It seems graphics companies are not able to change what they can do well and what not...

9. teots

teots Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Beside disabling HDCP, i also had 2 of 3 BCD tweak with HPET disabled and high performance power plan but thanks for sharing your custom power plan. Beside this, the most important major tweak i done is having fuseless power plug, plugging power plug directly to wall socket
    and double set of main wiring directly from main circuit breaker. Also instead of benchmarking the difference, i trust my eyes, ears and fingers.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I think I have good hardware? :D

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont do it then? OS tweaking is nothing i do anymore it not worth trouble it seem to cause in end either it is instant or some time down road. But there will always be people want to tweak crap out OS, then ask why they have issues, I use to be one them since I stop i had alot less issues.

And HPET been there done that, it cause me issue i never had before messing around on all my system. I have read that HPET some system do benefit from messing with?

12. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    but what if you want to improve your already fast and new hardware even further o_O, i even know people that overclocks their brand new gpu day one lol.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Yep, messing with your OS only causes problems down the road, especially when new updates come out and fail to install then.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Did test a bit more on the bcd changes, the only one that seems to matter is
    Code:
    bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
    As I understand it, dynamictick is a powersaving feature, disabling it keeps my frametime low and steady, only testet with Lost Ark since that particular game is pretty CPU dependent.
    I didn't see any CPU load nor temperature increase by doing so, will have to check if there are any negative impacts on other games/software, but so far so good.

As for messing with the OS, you should always write changes down or at least create and save some batfiles, that way it is always possible to revert.

15. PanosXidis

PanosXidis Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 SUPRIM X
    bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes i have delete!!!

16. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    Someone would still tweak it more, we're dealing with human beings here...

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Your on Intel too and not AMD.

We are also dealing with Microsoft at the same time, which I believe also are human beings that do manage to break previously working features, just like the power saving plan they managed to fark up with Windows 11.

Although, not doing a lot of "performance tweaks" these days since most stuff runs fine.
    My favorite gaming tweak which I can't live without is this:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
    "Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,2a,00,3a,00,00,00,00,00
    That disables Caps Lock.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  18. PanosXidis

PanosXidis Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 SUPRIM X
    yeah im intel why?

19. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    what advenge have this?

20. teots

teots Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    I am hoping for this as well and i also took a small gamble and use modified OS for gaming.