Disable beep when entering 3D? (1.3.6.1047)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Amilo-D, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    Hello again..
    Is there any option to disable the very annoying and loud beep when starting any 3D application with ATT running?

The beep doesnt come from the speakers but from built-in speaker of pc-case. Its similar to the one you get when rebooting pc, just after POST.

Any ideas? :)

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    There are no beeps in ATT (as I know :) )

3. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    Umm.. ever since i installed the last version, my pc is beeping everytime i enter 3d. Hmm... gotta try disabling System Speaker in device manager and see if the beeping stops.

its driving me insane.

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    May be you enabled sound notification in ATT?

5. Giux-900

Giux-900 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850
    I have had tha same problem some weeks ago,
    beep from case speaker...
    from where you have download the file ?
    maybe is a package corrupted or something other, because the att 1047 from ufficial site is not beep affected ..
    try also a deep scan of the package files..

6. j7n

j7n Guest

GPU:
    ASUS X550 256 MB
    ATI Tray Tools v1.7.9.1573 would produce a beep from the PC speaker when launched, not when entering 3D. A Windows 2000 BSOD occurred three times repeatedly, citing the driver of my E-MU sound card (v1.82) as the cause.

After swapping out ATT with the previously tested v1.2.6.964, which does not cause a beep, the system stopped crashing with the audio driver left unchanged. Too bad older versions of the software are nowhere to be found on the net, due to some stupid licensing requirements apparently, even though they are essential control panels for older Radeon cards.