Dirt3 CF

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mao5, May 24, 2011.

1. GrandMax

GrandMax Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    Perfect here.

No crash,

Great performance, 60fps with Vsync.

The handling without driving-assists is great. Very realistic. This comes from a recreational vehicle engineer. Big improvement over Dirt 1 and 2.

2. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    yet another game CFX dont work with on release.
    this is down right pitiful.
    the game devs should go bury their heads in the sand.

this is no new game engine!
    Dirt 1, Dirt 2, NFS SHIFT 1 and SHIFT 2 all use this same engine (with a few engine upgrades on every new game) but how could CODEMASTERS not have CFX and SLI not working????

many of you guys that are "not" complaining are newbies to CFX or SLI and you really cant understand it yet.

there really is no excuse for this game "dirt 3" and for that matter "NFS SHIFT 2" not to work out of box.

this is not a new game.
    COME ON CODEMASTERS!!!!

3. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690

COME ON CODEMASTERS???? Its your PC mate.
    Xfire working perfect for me both GPU's running @ 99% without RPRO and getting great performance with all setting on full.
    109FPS ave with the Benchmark.
    In game it has not gone below 110FPS.

Shift 2 on the other hand I will agree 100% with you but the dev seems to think that its the Crysis of racing and will take 3 years to run it on full settings

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  4. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Nah, the problem exists on your end. I'm thinking the "newbies" are those complaining. Based on some of the other posts you've posted I'd say you fall in that category. Also, those who are quick to call someone a noob are noobs themselves or just ignorant. Well, my bad. Noobs and ignorance go hand in hand. Your excuse is quite pathetic though I digress it did make me chuckle. People seem to love installing drivers that are found who knows where. Completely uninstall your video drivers (if you know how to) and install the WHQL's and whatever CAP AMD has listed on their site. I've been using CrossFire since its inception with 3DFX and have used it for every series of ATi/AMD cards since. There's no excuse for those running beta drivers, drivers meant for a particular card and those running driver tweaks to blame this on the developer.

5. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    +1

+1 4 U

But probably they will give us (again) patch and (nVidia/AMD) drivers updates...

6. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

GPU:
    2x 6970 CFX @ 915/1425
    Tested with 11.5 RC5, no CAP's. Maxed out (8X MSAA, Ultra, 1920x1080).

Without AFR Friendly + AFR

[​IMG]

With AFR Friendly + AFR

[​IMG]

7. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    you better just open your eyes and read these forums.

DICE has mad the CFX and SLI patches in the past.
    they know about "their" short comings and there will be a patch.
    now just sit back and actually learn something instead of spewing non-sense

8. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    What? DICE? Nonsense?! Okay, well CFX works fine here with Dirt 3 so now I haven't the slightest on what you're going on about. Smooth, no stutter gameplay. Having fun playing it. I am sitting back, thank you. What there is to be learned from what you are saying is unattainable at this time.

9. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Some of us just want to play the damn game lol, the whql drivers were all over the board for me and the only way to get crossfire working is to go to xp compatibility mode with dx11. I think the issue is down to drivers again and codemasters being given only the newer cards to work with. I have noticed the 6000 series owners aren't having many problems nor are the 500 series owners from nvidia. All in all the game runs pretty good across the board it just isn't running as smooth as it should and it locks up a lot in dx11.

10. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Well, thanks for making some sense. :) So this issue seems to have to do with pre-6xxx series cards. I guess I DID learn something today.

Cheers.

11. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    I get 150 fps on ultra settings but the game locks solid every few minutes making it unplayable for me so either it needs patching or a driver fix because atm its borked on my pc.

12. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    No problem at all. Well it seems for me on my rig I have to choose between stability or higher fps in this game. DX9 is solid but only uses one gpu for me and dx11 in xp compatibility mode is unstable and locks up almost every short session. Don't get me wrong I have the up most confidence that this will get sorted out soon but seeing that what ever studio did f1 2010 for CM really left the community high and dry with an incomplete poor performing game. But the studio who did this one and dirt 2 seem to have there stuff together a bit more with this IP.

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    the fraps fps counter will have a black background behind the numbers if you're in dx10 or dx11 mode for any game, that's how to tell

dirt 1 looks worse than everything & runs worse
    then grid came out, much better multicore cpu usage, runs great, ever since then a good multicore cpu makes codemasters games run as best as they can (assuming gfx card isnt crap)

shift2 is a different engine from shift1 period http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248847s straight from the pc lead

stop making up stories, it's not bringing any new attention to broken CF, just sounds like some illuminati 2012 nonsense

14. Dual Core

Dual Core Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 2x4890 24"1080p
    DiRT 3 is a awesome game no problems with performance, i use DX9 but cant get xfire to work with it, ive tried different drivers but still the same any idea how to get it to work?

Driver Packaging Version 8.85.6-110524a1-119714E
    Catalyst Version 11.5
    Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
    2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1152
    2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
    Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0833
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.10767
    Catalyst Control Center Version 2011.0525.11.41627

15. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Same here, CFX works wonders in DX11, but not in DX9 for some reason, anyone know a fix for that? Tried Radeon Pro, didn't work using AFR bar. :bang:

16. zpaf

zpaf Active Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    I had crashes but when did verify integrity of game cache via dirt3 properties local files at steam all problems gone.
    After this the first time run the game the steam install again directx 2010 ++ and gfwl.
    I played 2+ hours without any crash !

17. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Keep trying, I am sure you'll end up crashing. :)

I'll give it a try either ways. :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  18. seb4771

seb4771 Guest

:(

For me, Dirt 3 "retail" version not launch.

Using 4870x2 + 11.4+cap2/11.5a+cap1/11.5b+cap2-cap3-cap4 in win 7 SP1 64bits.

1st time the game is running well (+105 fps) : 11.5b + cap2 but just 1 time :(

All my anothers games running well (the witchers 2 gain +75% with 11.5b + cap2), just Dirt 3 problem.

trying dirt 3 update 1 and no good news :(