DiRT Rally

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 27, 2015.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ yea, looks better. You could try enabling SMAA as well and use Lumasharpen to help negate the blurring effect.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Did you enable tree meshes in all passes? Default is disabled.. even on ultra and I suspect its just that.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    [​IMG]

Does not seem very demanding maxed out at 1440p, just got the game.

Forgot to turn on advanced blending.

[​IMG]

Post right below mine is the number 1 reason why I hardly post anymore.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    TK posting some non-synthetic game benchmarks? Its gonna snow tommorow, damn it. :D

5. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    Yeah I might give it a try, though depending on which order it applies the effects it could just make it worse or negligible at best, I'm pretty happy to just be rid of the pixellation though to be honest but I'll have a mess with it.

Yes it has no effect, it's a problem exclusive to AMD cards, maybe they'll fix it in a driver update. It's all kind of ironic given the "AMD Gaming Evolved" splash screen at start. heh

6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Ill test this tree mesh thing on thursday. I get one of my 290s rma replacement.
    I have a gtx 670 4g sli to test against the R9 290.

I never paid any attention to the trees to be honest cause of it being early release when I was playing it. I was more focused on FFB with my G25 and how good the cars look, and actual track surface looked.

7. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB

On an AMD card you will get pixellated trees and foliage regardless. You can alleviate the effect a bit with AA but it still isn't correct. It requires either AMD to fix it in their driver or Codemasters to rewrite how it's handled in game. There's perhaps a small chance of the former happening.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Lumasharpen shouldn't introduce pixelating or aliasing as it just enhances the contrast of edges or so. The default value is often fine and it's quite low.

Though with lot of sub-pixel FXAA I may turn it up to 0.8-0.9. Any more and you often start seeing those kind of overcontrast errors on edges.

9. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    I tried it and it does it make it slightly better, it's very subtle though and only really noticable in screen caps, still it's an improvement though so thanks.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    first game in years to get 9.6 user metascore

11. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    It is amazing what Codies can do when they really try, isn’t it? Someone obviously had the great idea of trying to please the rally fans when making a rally game, instead of making a game “that everyone can enjoy!”.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just had an update, 153MB.

The grass is putting me off, its a flickering mess on AMD cards, but fine on Nvidias, and its a bloody AMD game!.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  13. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Like shadow/oclusion flickering?, if it´s that try another AA method, fixes the problem on F12015 for me.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea, especially FXAA often causes flickering with AMD cards.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Found why the game sometimes bombs for me, its a driver problem, when using Xfire and FreeSync (which i am), as noticed its mentioned in the latest drivers release notes as a known issue, so its not my rig playing up, so i may as well stick with the 15.9.1 BETAs, until they sort the clock bouncing, and other problems the Crimsons have :p

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Finally bought it a few days ago , it was in the humble bundle store with a 17% off the original price Steam Download , so i got a good deal :). The game is very well optimized at this point and so are the drivers of both camps AMD/Nvidia , bare in mind this full game release was less than 45 days ago. First impressions : Game is very addictive like the first CMR DirT 1 , it looks really good for a AAA+ game on this year 2016 and runs very well without any of that crap off the charts game requirements of hardware i have seen in some newer games requirements like ** cough * Rise of the tom raider lara Croft ** cough ** for a mere 1080p game resolution in Lara Croft a 980Ti or a FuryX is needed lol **. Well back to DiRT Rally , it is just awesome pure unadulterated Rally racing , with a very very immersive atmosphere. it does have a learning curve as it did the original CMR DiRT 1. Overall i am very pleased and glad i bought this game , trust me it is well worth it. I already played over 14 hours in 3 days lol and getting the hang of it. this game will tied me over until the next EA Need For Speed 2016 is release sometime this year. I foresee many many long hours racing on this game , well done codemasters , this is how a good game is done. No abnormal frame drops or abnormalities in game , smooth as butter with the exception of that ** Advanced Blending ** in game option that needs to be turn off. Loving it !

18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Game update from version 1.0 to version 1.1

I received an astronomical huge 21GB update today :eek: and it took 37 minutes to download from Steam :/ on my 60Gb/s down 10Gb/s up uncapped internet connection. It looks like a new game and runs much, much better than before as the game has been upgraded from version 1.0 to version 1.1 :thumbup: , a lot has been changed and updated on this great game , it ran well at version 1.0 but now at version 1.1 runs a lot faster , i have gain ~25 fps boost in all areas of the game. Well done and perfectly optimized game running like a dream :). Now i have a hand full of games to play for years to come ( NFS 2016 , DiRT Rally , Trackmania Turbo ) this 3 games will keep me happy for a long time , fun times ahead ...

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I have 30mb download and it took about an hour to get.
    Have not got a chance to try the game yet.
    But it ran great on ultra @ 3360x1440 and still maintained 60fps on my Fury X.
    Also I use a modded G25 with a handbrake for the game.