DiRT Rally

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 27, 2015.

1. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2050
    Same here, i've never had this with other dirt's tho.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ did you guys originally get the Early Access version or buy the retail game right away? Could maybe make some difference.

Try verifying the game cache.

3. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2050
    GUYS i found a fix, in the graphics options scroll down at the bottom, there's an option
    called "advanced blending", turn that m@$&*@er off!! i don't know what it does technically
    but i do know it f's up the fps, here's some proof below.

[​IMG]

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Same, got the original, and 2 and 3, all run great.

Yeah i just bought the retail game straight away, never got the Early Access, ive verified the game files a few times, and it keeps downloading just over 5mb all the time when it does it.

I'll give that a try (if i can get it to run), thanks :)

5. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2050
    Here's something for you to compare with, even oc'ed my cpu to 5.02Ghz to remove
    the bottleneck a bit.

[​IMG]

Ultra/4xMSAA/1080p

6. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    Is there anyway to fix the trees and grass on AMD cards? They look god awful no matter what settings I use. Increasing AA is not an option as performance drops off a cliff @4x and above.

This is taken with most settings on High or Ultra and AA @ 2f4x EQAA :
    [​IMG]

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yep, massive difference with the 'Advanced Blending' off as well for me, and can't see any difference in the gfx either, so don't know what that setting does, apart from cripple the frames :p

With it on.

60.34 Average.

42.36 Minimum.

91.85 Maximum.

With it off.

139.40 Average.

54.67 Minimum.

165.74 Maximum.

Thats maxed out at 1440p, with FreeSync on.

I still get the werid gfx flashes when the cameras changing positions though.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  8. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2050
    I get them too i think its normal.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    I still can't make the thing respect the linearity and sensitivity settings with a gamepad. Are there any news on that front? The default settings are so twitchy that it's unplayable.

10. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    For the gamepad I use sensivity on 60 and linearity on 45. I´m starting to shake the rust off :):

Recording was stuttery but it plays perfectly on the 660 at 1080p with the basic AA and high/ultra settings (no advanced blending of course).

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its very odd, also get a werid flash durig the benchmark just after the start, what looks like a red starting post quickly flashes up in the middle of the screen just after pulling away from the line, and a weird flash when passing that digger by the logs near the end.

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    Playing this game with a steering wheel and pedals must be intense.
    Do the steering wheels of today simulate the car sliding through a turn by dragging on the wheel? I seem to recall arcade racing sims doing that back in the day.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Weird gfx flashes on happen Nvidia as well, watch from 1:40 onwards, you see the start gantry flash on :p

EDIT: Caught it on pause.

Flashes on at 1:47.

[​IMG]

Can see it clear as day on 720.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah does look rubbish.

Ive tried a couple of rallys, its like trying to steer a container ship, ive got to stat turning about 3 miles before a bend. :p

15. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II
    Does anyone else thing the graphics suck?

I'm not even talking about detail or the aliasing issues, it's like in some tracks it's overly bright and washed out, then some shadows come along and I can't see crap. Running on ultra...

16. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    On the T500RS, it is probably the best implementation of FF I have encountered (Project Cars is also very good on this wheel).

If you remember 'Hard Drivin' (old arcade game), I find it fairly similar in terms of 'feeling' the road and how well the car is holding the road, especially on different surfaces.

17. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Even my old second hand Logitech GT works very well, I get a lot of feel, and yes it is intense. Quite a workout sometimes. :)

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    About trees.. there is a setting in cfg.. object/tree LOD default max is 1.0 or so maaybe 1.5.. manually set both to 2.5 or 3.0 to increase its detail distance

EDIT:

<objects lod="1.02" maxlod="0" stones="true" />
    <trees lod="1.2" maxlod="0" meshes="true" meshes_in_all_passes="false" />

e.g. change to

<objects lod="1.2" maxlod="0" stones="true" />
    <trees lod="1.5" maxlod="0" meshes="true" meshes_in_all_passes="true" />

And that advanced bleeding takes a noticeable fps hit, off gpu usage 60% on 99%, imo it looks kinda ugly too.. Makes trees more fuzzy and blurry, at least when I compared ingame on/off.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  19. demented brave

demented brave Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 EK
    Really having a blast with this game. The locations are great, makes me feel like I'm driving in a real place. And just when I'm starting to get the hang of it, wham! Into a rock or off a cliff. Love it. And I'm a sucker for racing games where you get credits/money for winning, something I sort of missed from project cars.

As for the washed out or dark graphics comment, I sort of notice that too when you are in the cockpit view, but a lot of racing games now seem to do that to you. Find a good SweetFX/Reshade config and it can help make the game look nicer.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ Use SweetFX and enable LIFTGAMMAGAIN.

Set midtones values to something above 1.000 for more gamma. Ofc you can edit the other values too for shadows and highlights.

A washed out image could be fixed by lowering the gain for shadows.

There's also a setting in SweetFX called LEVELS for setting new black and white points. Altering the black point value could also help.

A black point of 0 and a white point of 255 means full range, but that doesn't necessarily give the best results in all games.
    If you're running with full range RGB and get a grayish image, try setting the black point slightly higher than 0 in SweetFX.

Any pixels that are darker than the set value will be drawn as black.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015