Dirt 3 framedrop with rain races

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by naisscabo, May 28, 2011.

1. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Active Member

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Thank you

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  2. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

Mostly i use MSI After Burnr for capturing screenshots, but on Dirt 3 when i capture the image is saved but it's full Black.... same happening on capturing Videos too Only sounds come when i play the saved video... Using latest Msi After Burner Beta......

3. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    that proved fraps is better :nerd::banana:

or afterburner doesnt fully support dx11 yet?

also speaking of fraps, if it's black behind the fps counter, then it's dx10 or dx11, but if there is no black behind the numbers, then it's dx9 (or under, or opengl)

4. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi Gamers............

Dirt 3 First PC Patch Released here r the details:

•Time of day and weather options are now correctly saved within Jam Session save/restore slots.
    • Fixed an occasional loading screen hang which could leave the player with a black screen.
    • Fixed a soft lock when removing the Ethernet cable on some screens during a LAN session.
    • Battersea Compound – Parking Lot environment updated to ensure that smash blocks are always present.
    • Resolved specific instances of the player being able to drive into areas of crowd.
    • Corrected a rare issue with online staggered start team events which could lead to incorrect team scoring.
    • Fixed a very rare physics issue which could lead to the player’s vehicle falling through the world.
    • Fixed two graphics issues which could lead to a crash when changing resolution or resizing the windowed game to a height of 0 pixels.
    • Resolved an issue preventing Player 2 from re-binding their controls if using a keyboard within a split-screen event.
    • Fixed an issue which, in specific circumstances, could lead to a spectator seeing incorrect progress during a multiplayer Transporter event.
    • Minor corrections to track boundary and reset lines.
    • Fixed an issue which will occasionally cause the green ‘infected’ effect to be applied to the player’s car during loading between Outbreak events.
    • ‘World Record’ and ‘Personal Best’ symbols now correctly appear within all circuit-based time trial events.
    • Correction to particle behaviour during high speed collisions, avoiding any instances of them spawning in the wrong direction.
    • Minor finish line adjustments to avoid the possibility of bypassing them in some routes.
    • Fixed an issue which lead to the driver’s hands clipping when in the interior camera ‘brace’ position.
    • Resolved an issue which would occasionally prevent the ‘World Tour’ tetras from spinning within the front end.
    • Resolved an issue which could lead to some vehicle cards flickering within the front end vehicle select screens.
    • Adjusted a small number of text references and menu options for the ‘VIP Pack’, which should be referred to as the ‘Free Car Pack’ for PC.
    • Various stability fixes.

NjoY.....

_XG

5. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    its been released already?

one thing they need to fix is the fact that if you're like me and have a small ssd as c: and you've mapped your "my documents" to another drive - this game simply will not save your game.

at this point the only temporary somewhat of a solution i've found if you want to load up the game when itt hasn't been saving is navigating to your c:/users/(username)/appdata/local/temp/

in here what i've had to do is look for folders which are named proXXXX.tmp
    the XXXX could be random and alpha numeric eg pro82AD.tmp, proDA9B.tmp etc.

within these folders this is 17 files and again, random and alphanumeric. depending on how many times dirt 3 has tried saving your game and failed, there will be many of these proXXX.tmp folders, but if you hover your mouse over them it will tell you the time and date the folders were created - obviously you want the most recent .tmp folder...copy this folder.

Now go to the drive your documents are on and go to : my games/Dirt3/savegame/

paste the proXXXX.tmp folder here and rename the folder to "profile0"

I then go back to to temp folder and remove all instances of proXXXX.tmp from there so it'll be easier to find the most recent folder created after playing dirt3 some more, which I then just copy the contents of again, the most recent proXXXX.tmp folder that dirt 3 creates. Rinse and repeat every time you play.

It's annoying but better than starting from the beginning every single time i launch the game...

Running win 7 Ult x64. If you have this issue too I hope this helps. Codemasters are apparently trying to replicate the issue.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  6. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Dude what you talking about? For PC not released yet!

We have a DiRT 3 PC patch scheduled for release in the near future..........
    Patches for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game along with an additional patch for the PC are also currently in development, and further details regarding these will be provided at a later date once the patches have been completed and passed the submission process with Microsoft and Sony.

7. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Im very sorry, i thought it was released, My Mistake......

8. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    The patch above has been released.

Read correctly: "an additional patch"

9. Amdgameplayer

Amdgameplayer Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd HD6970 crossfire
  10. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Now my mistake, it's released ! :D

11. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    Thx!

Yeah, i have it now via Steam :)
    Game is much better now ;-)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  12. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    you are incorrect , it was classed as a mid range card :wanker:

13. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Active Member

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    It was.
    Today,it is a low end card

14. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    still incorrect , it was last gens mid range . not the same as low end :p

15. FDisk

FDisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Leave him be, he made up his mind.

16. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Active Member

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    It was.
    Today,it is a low end card

17. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    wouldnt that be a GFWL issue? or your other games save fine?

18. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    gtaiv saves fine, but bulletstorm has the same issue. Haven't got any other gfwl games tho but ive tried several versions of gfwl but none, including the latest help.

19. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

H!...

Dirt 3 Low GPU Usage with Certain stages, Eg: La Coliseum stage, When Race starts the GPU Usage drops down to 45-55% so FPS drops too around 35-40 im playing @ 1600*900 ,VSync off all Settings High to Ultra on WIndows7x64 any idea why this is causing, But on Finland stages GPU usage is Ok around 88% but not Stable......Driver using ATI 11.5b HotfiX........

20. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Any Idea Why this Framedrops and Low GPu Usages, is Any Body on Dual Core Having this....... Game Patched to latest