Dirt 3 framedrop with rain races

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by naisscabo, May 28, 2011.

1. |XTerk-RS|

|XTerk-RS| Active Member

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 6700XT
    Ehmm, guys, if you are running Dirt 3 by default on Windows 7 it will always render the game through DX11, unless you set the forcedx9 parameter on your config file... When you set your graphics to High, you are just running the high options (same graphics elements as in dx9) but rendering through DX11. If set the game to ultra, the game will use the extra settings wich are only available to DX11 (e.g. tesselation on water and ambient oclussion).
    You will always be running the game in DX11 if your card supports it and if the OS is W7 unless you force the game to run in DX9 in the config file. As a sidenote, if you decide to run the game in DX9, it will gain more fps by running it in a WXP OS, like 6 or more.

2. Gregorez

Gregorez Guest

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    Hi, FDisk

Why not use RadeonPro, it displays DirectX logo on top of the screen when game starts, if API initialized is DX11 it will be shown. Then u can even take screenshot as prove ;)

3. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    I know, it should. But for some reason RadeonPro is now showing the logo in any DX11 games for me. In DX9 games I always see the DX9 logo.
    Did not find what causing this yet :(

4. Gregorez

Gregorez Guest

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    I had similiar problem with games which must be run as administrator, like TDU2.
    Must start RadeonPro as admin and it worked.

5. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Hmm, sounds strange since DX9 logo appears regardless if you run it as admin or not. Don't think this is the problem. But I'll try when I get home and update.

6. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

Some problems, Controller Presets is not saved , im Playing via Gamepad, Not Keyboard everytime When Dirt 3 starts I have to set Manually My Keys and another prblm the game not starting in Fullscreen mode i have to hit Ctrl+Enter to go fullscreen mode any one have these issues.........

7. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    I'm also playing with xbox wireless controller for PC, no problems at all. But why do you need presets? I just use the default layout.

8. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Srry mate, i mean Controller Settings are not saved, im using a cheap Gamepad, Everytime the Key bindings are set to default {keyboard settings] i think u got it...... Sorry my English is Bad....Have a Nice day...

9. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Try this.
    1. Set you controls to gamepad.
    2. Quit the game
    3. Run the game again but do not hit "Enter" on the keyboard.
    4. Press the button on your controller that performs the "Enter" Function. (Could be X, A or Start buttons. Just try all of them.)
    This should keep your setting saved.

If this doesn't work you would need to edit some xml files in "\DiRT3\actionmap" folder.

10. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Nope, running as admin does nothing in this case.
    BTW, forcing the DX9 mode in "hardware_settings_config" does show the DX9 logo.

Also the Ambient Occlusion option in DX9 mode disappears completely.
    Every other option you can still set to Ultra where available.

What we learn from this is this:
    Setting anything to Ultra, High, Medium or low does not make the game run in DX9 mode.

Ambient Occlusion when set to Ultra or High or Low still renders the game in DX11 and will look better then DX9 mode, since in DX9 mode Ambient Occlusion is not even available.

:knock:

11. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I think XFRGTR doesn't understand that the game is using DX11 to render, minus the fact that the your using high settings that may disable some of the more complex DX11 features, with the renderer being DX11 none the less.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Thanks rflair. Hopefully that will put this silly debate finally to rest. :)

13. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    I can max this out on a 5750 lol console noobs

14. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

Nouthing happens when i press the button on Controller, only way to get inside is hit Enter on keyboard, this makes the Key bindings turn to default settings[Keyboard]... ANy idea how to Edit XML FIles....

15. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    I too have trouble in Dirt 3 , well not sure if it's actually heavy on the card or if the drivers are like this..
    Cockpit view drops fps to 30-40 in any level..

16. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Try this:
    -Go to "\DiRT3\actionmap" folder.
    -Find the xml file that of your controller, or something similar.
    -Let's take for example "lg_rumblepad_2_usb" if you have something that resembles the Rumblepad 2.
    -Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers"
    -Right click the icon of your controller and select Properties.
    -Copy the exact name of your controller. This is the text that is located on top on the right of the icon.
    -Now open your xml file.

-Change the folowing:
    devicename="enter the exact name of your controller you copied above here"
    priority="0" (Important!!! change this to "0")

-Now do a search inside the xml file for: "Menu Start Button"
    One line below you should see: Axis axisName="di_button_9" (This is true if you are editing "lg_rumblepad_2_usb.xml" file)

-"di_button_9" is the button you press at the start of the game when it asks you to "PRESS START OR ENTER"

-If the button under the "Menu Start Button" text is not associated to any button on your controller you can change it to any other button.
    You can try for example changing it to: "di_button_2" (by default this should be the Handbrake button on your controller).
    -Save your xml file end exit.

-Now start the game and change the controls to your gamepad.
    Next time you start the game and the "PRESS START OR ENTER" appears click the assigned button on your controller. It should be the Handbrake button if you changed it to "di_button_2".

Let me know if this works :pc1:

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  17. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

YEah it worked well mate, Thank u Very Much, Nw Controller Key Bindings are saved and one Ques? I have Recorded a video[ Gameplay] from Dirt 3 using MSI After Burner Successfully saved the clip but when i played there was no video any idea y, is better to use Fraps but it's not free.....

18. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Glad it worked :)
    About the recording issue I'm not sure. Was the video even recorder, the file is not like 10k in size?
    Maybe a codec issue? You can try FFDShow. I think the guys from the Afterburner forum could help you with this one better.

I used fraps to record a couple of videos and it works like a charm.

19. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

the file size is around 24k, but there were no video, i have downloaded fraps demo going to try , Anyway Enjoy Dirt 3, soundtrack not good as dirt 2....

20. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    If it's 24k then the video was not even recorded.
    btw, I turned the music off completely (it's not playing in the race itself anyway). I'm running foobar2000 in the background with my favorite racing tunes :D

Last edited: May 30, 2011