1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

directx upgrade problem

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by effenjee, Nov 11, 2002.

1. effenjee

effenjee Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800xt
    Hey gurus. This is kind of a two-fold question. First is: I have WinXP Pro SP1 and it seems my directx is still version 8.2 (build- 4.08.01..0810) I have even tried updating to 8.1b manually. Although the update tells me everything went well, I don't seem to have the latest directx. I know 8.2 is out, but I would rather wait until it becomes official.

The second part is because of UT2003 demo ( I want this to work before I buy the full version). I am getting video freezing even at the lowest settings on my AIW 8500. I think it might be because of the directx problem but any more ideas are welcome. Thanks!

I should mention: I am using a dual athlon 1800, SB Live!, and 768MB of DDR ECC Reg. I have the latest drivers from ATI for my video card.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2002
  2. cloudman

cloudman Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus CU II GTX 780
    If you have 8.2 then you can't install 8.1. 8.2 is the latest official dx version. came as standard install on cfs3. Then it was released by ms. there is a beta dx9.0. The final release of this dx version is set for december.

So your running dx 8.1. try the 8.2 and see what happens, be sure and set a restore point incase of problems. I'm running dx 8.2 with no probs.

3. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

yes, run the latest official direct x, that would be the 8.2 windoze came with. If your having problems with ut2k3, try updating your catalyst drivers. I'd bet money there is a set that fixes any ut2k3 problems, it's a common ati thing, but like I said, I'm 99% sure the ut2k3 fix is out.