DirectX Error "GetDeviceRemovedReason" with Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rapyer, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti

you are a thick one arent ya

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    you are a thick one arent ya

3. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Same issue, patch and the new driver did nothing for my setup.

4. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    UPDATE:
    PC with GTX680 is also O.K.
    well - more or less O.K. - it still crashed but only twice during whole evening with Battlefield 1, which is acceptable :)
    New game patch helped. We will test new Nvidia drivers on this PC later (my friend forgot to update the drivers, but at least he tested the BF1 patch :) ).

5. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    Your CPU overclock is very high. I understand that you have a nice CPU cooler, but please check your motherboard temperatures. I noticed that Battlefield 1 heats up my motherboard components more than Prime95. Possibly because the GPU is also warm. I had to decrease my overclock to be on the safe side - in my case TMPIN3 temperature in HWMonitor was too high. I have no idea what is TMPIN3, but I guess it is a heatsink just above the CPU, as it was very hot when I touched it.

6. Eyemaster

Eyemaster Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080OC
    I noticed I get a similar DirectX error also when trying to play in Fullscreen WITHOUT Gsync. Here are my specs:

ASUS Maximus Formula VI MB
    2x Gigabyte 1080 GTX Cards
    ASUS PG278Q Swift
    2560x1440 @ 144 with Gsync / 2560x1440 @ 120 with ULMB
    i7-4770K @ 4.3ghz
    16GB Ram
    Windows 10 x64
    Nvidia Drivers v376.48
    BF1 in DX11

I have been running in SLI and Gsync which has been working fine (besides the Nov. patch flickering). I decided I wanted to try ULMB mode, but upon launching BF1, I was getting the following error:
    [​IMG]

This error also occurred if trying to run in Fixed Refresh rate mode also. Switched back to Gsync, and the game loaded.

So now I deleted the BF1 settings file, and restarted the game with SLI and ULMB. It works, but only in Windowed or Borderless mode. As soon as I choose Fullscreen mode, I get the following error message:
    [​IMG]

This seems to point at a bug in BF1, not in the Nvidia drivers. Anyone else agree?

So for me to use SLI and Fullscreen mode, I have to use Gsync. However, I can run in Single GPU mode with ULMB (or Fixed Refresh) with Fullscreen and it works also. This seems like an SLI bug.

7. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    Please try the latest GeForce Hot Fix driver version 376.48 - it was just released.
    This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 376.48 that addresses the following:
    Workaround to fix incorrect Folding@home work units.
    Fixed random flashes in Just Cause 3.
    Fixed some issues that could lead to Battlefield 1 crash
    Fixed SLI texture flickering in Battlefield 1.
    Fixed corruption in Wargame: Red Dragon game.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4288

8. Eyemaster

Eyemaster Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080OC
    For me, 376.48 did not make a difference. Same crash. Even tried 376.09.

9. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    Try borderless haven't had a DX crash since i changed

NVM just saw your other post

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    could swore I read this error was do to OC's...

11. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    no mate i put everything at stock and still got it

12. eddward

eddward Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 GAMING X
    Getting similar DirectX error in Need for Speed 2015, which is also based on the latest Frostbite engine.
    [​IMG]

13. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    I gave up, i tried everything, formatting, no programs in background, no av etc, new bios, underclock everything ram, cpu, still crashes on my 680 with win10x64 with anything newer than 337.88 drivers (which never crash)

something got introduced in 340 series drivers that **** the game up on kepler cards.

edit: just saw the new driver released for kepler cards, fingers crossed

14. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Frostbite, need a little bit more vcore

15. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    WOW, That game has it too?... nfs rivals suffered this error a lot too and dice-nvidia never provided a fix, only thing that allowed it to play for longer periods without crashes was to force dx10, so it´s an engine or driver problem.
    Good luck waiting for a fix for this specific problem from those guys.

16. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    I get the same error In Mirror's Edge Catalyst too. There Is however a setting In PROF_SAVE_profile config file "GstRender.CyclicCrashPrevention 0" not sure If this Is related to the crashes. And If you set the value to 1 It automatically gets reverted to 0 when you run the game which Is weird.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  17. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Few days ago my son while playing Rocket League (Steam) had this GetDeviceRemovedReason error on his gaming rig running Kepler GPU: Asus GTX 760 DCIIOC OC'ed to (rock solid for 2 years iirc) GPU/mem=1215MHz/65xxMHz. He saw that error for the first time. Shot in the dark but maybe it has something to do with insane fps in Rocket League: 250-300fps in 1080p with almost everything @ max (except AA).

Rest of the specs:
    Win8.1 Pro x64
    rock solid GeForce (R368) Driver Release 368.81 Game Ready WHQL
    Maximum Performance Power Plan for Rocket League in NVCP

18. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    didnt even fix the flickering menus :/

19. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    hasnt crashed in a week with 376.60 driver!

and good fps with low settings (never play MP FPS with high graphics as they distract from gameplay and reduce visibility either way)

20. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    On another forum i recommended that anyone using a 700 series and below use the 337 series. I have done a ton of testing with the 337 series compared to the newer series and other ones. There's also video showing how fast the 337 series is compared to anything lower, which probably doesn't matter considering how many other drivers has appeared since the 337 series. I'm not using a q6600 anymore, but when i was , there was never any driver i use faster and more stable compared to the 337 series. Using now ATM a e6600 , the 337 series is more stable and faster compared to the new ones. It's only one game i found where the newer drivers were faster, and that was in Path of exlie, with the 337 series i get 18-25fps unplayable. 376.60 i get a solid 45-60fps.

I haven't played any of the newer games, but you should try out the 337 series with BF1. If you're able to use them lol, because even though the 337 series is good the only drawback using them some new games required you to use the newer ones. The newer ones aren't bad though if you have new cards that can't use the 337 series. I was a bit worry about stop using the 337 series because they are so great ( I'm using 337.50 ) . But once i upgrade to a 4GB 1050 ti OC edition GPU, i sure hope the drivers i use worked just as good.

Some old videos showing how good the 337 are
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBiZjvgZ-o4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tAGVGAQR8&t=4s

Article ------We need a driver like this again from Nvidia.
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-337-50-beta-performance-driver

I even tested over-watch when i had my quad using the 337.94 ones, they outperform any of the newer drivers. Now of course, it really depends on someone's computer setup, etc. On another note, my next CPU upgrade is going to be a very good i5, and 8GB of ddr3 memory, i seen videos where new games work great with the 550 ti, i might just keep the 550 ti and continue to use the 337 series as long possible or upgrade to a 2GB 750, won't be much of a upgrade in terms of gpu, but i'm really worry about using the newer drivers lol.

Anyways, good luck!