DirectX 9 software emulator?

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by cobarcore, Oct 12, 2009.

1. cobarcore

cobarcore New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA Geforce 6600
    Dear all,
    I'm trying to use a software that require directx 9 on an old notebook :pc1: (toshiba 2100cds, k6-2 400 mhz, 160 mb ram, video card s3 virge/mx with 2 mb ram, hd 4 gb). Unfortunately this old video card do not support directx 9, but only <=8. So the software cannot run. :(
    Is there a way to emulate directx9 so that this sw can run? Don't mind if it will be slow.

I've yet tried to use 3d analyzed, but it fails to open... :bang:

Please help!

PS: the os is win XP sp3 updated.

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    The only idea i have is try to "emulate (ok, wine its not an emulator :p)" on linux with wine, maybe u will have luck... but idk :$.

3. yleclerc

yleclerc Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1660 6GB
    I'm not sure you fully understand. Most video cards should support DirectX 9 driver mode. The video cards usually states what "hardware" DirectX version it can do.

4. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    @ yleclerc: The card is from 1995 so probably not even its drivers are compatible with 9.

@ OP, which software are you trying to run?

5. ivanmmj

ivanmmj New Member

GPU:
    ECS 9600GT 512MB
  6. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Note happening. Lacking proper hardware and memory size, and even if you could, the card is so absurdly slow in comparision, nothing would run.

Technically, the S3 Virge is a Graphics Accelerator with 3d acceleration tacked on. It doesn't even support the DX API to begin with!

7. A Hitman

A Hitman New Member

GPU:
    XFX 4890 xxx