DirectX 10 Hardware Is Now Obsolete

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Daftshadow, Aug 12, 2007.

1. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    This is not all true. For DX9 game there is no real difference in GRAPHICS (not performance) as DX10 hardware will add nothing to the mix. Unless of course you are enabling more DX9 effects that otherwise could not be enabled due to performance.

The part about 8 series not being disastrous is true though. They perform a lot better than any other cards out there. Let's just wait and see if DX10.1 is going to make the 8 series the new FX. I don't think so as MS and hardware people should have already learned from the FX disaster.

So when can we expect to see DX10.1 games and DX10.1 hardware? Not so far in the future as now I am only going to update when it comes out witch means a lot of games I won't be able to play for quite some time.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  2. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    actually the IQ is way better. And the ability to enable more graphics options (also mods) allows the games (for example oblivion) to look WAY better. Example of Oblivion:
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]
    im actually just showing these because i need someone to appreciate how i've modded my oblivion to hell. Runs well, looks amazing. Thank you Geforce 8800GTS :D

With 4xAA (supersampling) + HDR + countless mods

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  3. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    It does look very good and, like I said before, you do have a point about the ability to enable more graphic features and use mods. Other than that, if we were to compare the same DX9 game, with the exact same settings, you would not see any difference, in quality, between a DX9 and a DX10 card.

4. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    true! but i still love my 8800! :dave:

lets just agree that the name of this thread is absolute rubbish, and that 8800 cards are great :D

5. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Ok, I understand what you trying to say :p These days it is quite common to upgrade often to play all the latest/favorite games with all bells and whistles. I can't imagine anyone with 8800 not happy or already worried about Dx 10.1 ;)

Technology is moving too fast :confused: I still think Dx 9.0c games are quite beautiful

6. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Agreed. This chat is not going anywhere. Please close this thread.

7. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    16X CSAA.

Need I say more?

8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    hehe I was going to mention it, but I thought it would only prolong the inevitable demise of this thread :)

9. Jonelo

Jonelo Member

XBOX y GF3 - DX 8.0 Spring / Autumn 2001 - no suport DX 8.1

RADEON 8500 - DX 8.1 Autumn 2001

GF4 - DX 8.1 teoric , but not support shader model 1.4 - Spring 2002

ATI 9700 Sumer 2002 ,

DX 9.0: December 2002

DX 9.0a: March 2003 For FX, not support ATI 9700

DX 9.0b: Agust 2003 not support ATI 9700

DX 9.0c: December 2004 . No support X800 series
    anteriores .

Dx 10 Autumn 2006

DX 10.1 Autumn 2007

------------------------------------------------------------

And about 8800 series and the previous generation ... my 1900 xt and my 8800 gtx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The real world in Fear - not in the time demo ;) -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  10. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    yup those ss shows what im talkin about

11. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    DX 10 hardware still will work on vista SP 1 but you will only get DX 10 not DX 10.1, pretty much like the 6800 card came out with DX 9c when the X800 did not even support DX 9c but it ran anyways.

12. Boing

Boing Banned

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX
    If you wernt told you wouldnt notice anydiffrence between DX10 and DX10.1 simple as that, i had a 9700pro and it if it werent for the post showing the dates from DX8 to DX9.0c i wouldnt of known that my card didnt support DX9A B or C, and believe me i had that card the logest cost it was still chewing through games like BF2 and BF2142 with all the bells and whistles turned on when they were 1st released.

Anyone who has an 8800 should be made up like a bag of chips cos those cards are flyers and you will get to play Bioshock at better framerates than these bunch of killjoys.

13. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    seriously.... i know computer hardware is usually considered obsolete shortly after you buy it.... but since when was a piece of hardware obsolete because it can't support a revision of the same major version of DirectX that the hardware that technically supports the new version won't be out for at least 3-4 more months?

Besides..... current hardware will still play games in DX10 perfectly fine. as Boing said.... will still have nice framerates in BioShock, and probably Crysis, UT3, Assassins Creed, Stranglehold..... pretty much everything. might not be able to have all the effects maxed.... but should still play nicely with one or two things turned down here and there. Isn't that the way you'd kind of want it though with games running a brand new API? I'd hate to see a game like Crysis come out, and right off the bat 8800GTX's can run it at a solid 60fps... never dropping lower, with everything maxed, and no other extras to enable later on when new hardware comes out.

14. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Neither would you see a difference between a 6200 and my card. See the logic in that? I would not go back to a 6200 just because there are no graphical differences. The speed is what matters. The 88 cards can do extreme levels of AA though which dx9 cards cannot, although thats not a dx10 feature.

15. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    You make a good point. Sometimes when games run at 60fps at release I think "all this performance, they could have added in some more effects". That or they are just really good coders, which still means they could have added more effects lol.

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I honestly like just having a beautiful game. If i can have pretty much every setting on high.... and have a MINIMUM of like... 25-30fps.... even then i'm happy. It's still smooth to me, and games seem smoother overall when you're running Vista. don't know why. they just do.

17. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I think it has to do with the memory management. I've only played a few games in Vista but they did have a certain smoothness to them. I hope it isn't the placebo effect though :(

18. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i also noticed this, after playing COD2 on Vista. i got less frame's per second but it felt smoother ...

19. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    and people say Vista blows. PPFFFFTTTTTT! what do they know? lol

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Not true on the Dx9 part, because some games required PS 3.0 like Splinter Cell Double Agent.