DirectX 10 AGP card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DigitalKilla_FL, May 16, 2006.

1. acetken

acetken Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GTX SSC
    There will be a DX10 card for AGP. I'd bet money on it. Some manufacturer will license the nVidia's new chip (Whatever it happens to be) and slap it on an AGP board. Really, they're still putting OK chips on PCI boards and those've been outdated for many, many years.

2. check my rig

check my rig Guest

AGp is dead, cuz we will finally see the power of pci-e in dx10.

3. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    You are a real guru my friend...

4. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    wait for it...:puke2:

5. Incinerate_IV

Incinerate_IV Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GT @ 550/1568
    I think there probably will be AGP DX10 cards, but don't expect them to stay as cheap as PCI-E cards. (Just look at the 7 series AGP cards out now!)

6. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I doubt you will see DX10 cards for AGP.

Hell it's taking forever just to get the first PCix DX-10 card released!

7. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    the thing is that nvidia drop nforce 3 and move to 4 but the great thing about nforce 4 it has no gart driver which make the pc faster that why it has pci e. if nvidia update gart for vista and comes out with agp dx 10 then i wont update but they dont i have to move to the next gen suff.

8. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Not really "Dual Core" but ok...

Would be nice to have Dual Core GPU's though, those would kick ass.

9. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    What he said ^^

10. check my rig

check my rig Guest

thx, your a real master guru...

11. mezkal

mezkal Master Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle Geforce 6600 GT AGP 128MB
    I think you're wrong there just by the fact that HALO 2's target platform will be XBOX 360. i hope you realise that it"s not a port but a whole new game made for XBOX 360 and Win Vista PCs whose gaming API environment is WGF 1.0/2.0 ie DX9.0d and 10.

12. mezkal

mezkal Master Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle Geforce 6600 GT AGP 128MB
    How so? GPUs have had both SMP and ASMP since the advent of quads, multitexturing and pipelining. It's more accurate to say that "dual core' technology as seen in current Intel and AMD is actually LESS CAPABLE at multithreaded processing than current GPU technology.

I have a dual core 820D, 7800GT, PCIe machine and while it certainly retains value and performance due to it's more efficient usage of processing power, offloadable Vertex Processing (Dual Core optimisation in Nvida Forceware) and overall modernity vs. an AGP-based PC , as a consumer technology that offers measurable performance benefit dual core still has some maturation to go through.

13. Epipsychidion

Epipsychidion Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512Mb
    Personally I'm going to change to Pci-e when dx10 is released. The extra bandwidth should really benefit from the new version (and yes, I know that even the AGP potential is yet to be realised). The sad truth is that when it comes to gaming, gfx card manufacturers seem to be all for forgetting about AGP users.

That's not to say that there will not be a dx10 AGP variant that's good for gaming, but I think that in reality for the best performance we're going to have to change to pci-e. Also let's not forget that new socket architectures from both intel and AMD will be available by the time dx10 actually comes out (with vista).

On that note, am I the only one that's pissed off about dx10 being vista only?

14. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    wtf u on about

halo 2 uses directx 9 or equivilent

halo 3 on the other hand!!!!

halo 2 is not being remade for the 360!!!!
    halo 3 is being made for 360

halo 2 is a a port onto pc, i highly doubt they will use direct x10, they would have do completly redo the coding!!!

15. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX GTX285 Black Ed.
    The jump from AGP to PCI-Express for video card has been a little like the jump from CRT to TFT, a marketing move more than a need for "higher" technology.