Dim Screen Problem 40" Philips w/ati 5570 HD Card

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by h3wk, Feb 6, 2011.

1. h3wk

h3wk New Member

GPU:
    ati 5570 HD
    hello Gang I Need Some Help i,m Running a 40" Philips t.v/monitor with a
    ati 5570 HD Card and (note) this is the 2nd card iv,e tried the first one had flash content viewing problems! also the new card didn't have the Copper Coil heat Sink around the fan..I never had a Dim View with the first card fyi

the Problem is when I Boot up my Screen is Dim usually after about 20 minutes it will get Brite But iv,e seen it go back to Dim after say 5-6 hours of operation iv,e tried a Regular Monitor it was Brite! I have the newest Drivers from ati i,m not sure if the card is overheating or it's something with the T.V But as I said this started with the Replacement card
    any ideas ? and btw: should I install the ati tool tray would that help at all i,m not a Gamer just web and Movies thanks for any Help

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  2. Alpha

Alpha Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6950
    Disable "dynamic backlight" (or whatever ist called in english) at "Pixel Plus HD".

3. h3wk

h3wk New Member

GPU:
    ati 5570 HD
    i,m not finding the Backlit settings your Referring to I Looked through the help Section
    also Do I Want the ati tools tray ?

4. Alpha

Alpha Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6950
    It's not listed in the help list
    "House" symbol--> Setup (the cogwheel) --> "Pictue" --> "Pixel Plus HD" --> "Dynamic Backlight"

5. apoklyps3

apoklyps3 Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GA
    it sounds like your TV is set to Shop mode, rather than Home use mode. so it will aout change some settings in terms to catch the eye like it should do in a display of a shop. and that means Dynamic Contrast will auto enable too.