digital vibrance in vista (8800)

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by osterac, Mar 12, 2009.

1. osterac

osterac Member

GPU:
    AMD radeon 4890 1GB
    Hello,
    I was recently switched to Windows Vista (long story involving a nasty trojan horse on my XP HD), and installed forceware drivers on it (182.06). Of course, the Digital vibrance slider doesn't work correctly, it didn't on XP either. So I try Rivatuner. It worked wonders for XP to fix that problem, so I figured it would work for Vista. But when I click on the customize button under driver settings, there is no desktop and overlay color schemes icon. I have drivers for my monitors, and I've tried disabling one of them for what it's worth.
    Any thoughts on this?
    I'll appreciate any and all suggestions.

2. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    My thoughts are you shoudn't be using the settings in the CP to adjust your monitor. You should be using the monitors adjustments only. I know the CP is a little easier but it's not better. I get very accurate color with my brightness set to 20 in the monitors CP and contrast at 25. They default to 100 and 75 respectively. Other adjustments are not really necessary for most people and can actually degrade the color and image quality.

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    rivatuner is not focused in CP i think, i mean it can do the work, but i think that unwinder stopped improving that side of the programme (not so usefull anyways, nvidia CP works great, or nhancer) and overclock features is what makes rivatuner so great, so better focus there :p , in winXP there is still the old compatibility, but they aint renewed @ vista (at least thats what i think :X)

so... try to find a better driver for you :$, im having no problems with 182.xx on XP

4. osterac

osterac Member

GPU:
    AMD radeon 4890 1GB
    I think the reason I like digital vibrance so much is because I still use CRTs. They just look so much better with DV on.

Thanks for clearing this up.

5. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    In that case you are better off using digital vibrance. I assumed you were using an LCD.:stewpid:

6. osterac

osterac Member

GPU:
    AMD radeon 4890 1GB
    Digital vibrance seems to work with the xtreme-g drivers installed. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, black_ice.
    They are based on 182.08 currently, updated march 10.

7. usher

usher Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280 superclocked
    You can restore digital vibrance with rivatuner,
    click driver settings /ForceWare detected/ customize/ & select desktop & overlay color themes & there's the slider

8. _Rnesto

_Rnesto Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    why rivatuner doesn't have all the options found on XP when using vista, like Reload Display Driver? it has to do with the way Vista/7 manages hardware drivers?

9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Reload display driver only works if your using ones included in RT's release or as added by RT.