1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the unthinkable.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Sep 10, 2019.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    As I struggle to remember what was the trigger.
    In reality, they were many.
    First one, one was the moment when I started having anxiety attacks, something that never happened before.
    Second, I visited somebody in hospital. The guy was a top executive, someone which you address with utmost respect. He had a terminal disease. He faced his demise with dignity and acceptance.
    He simply said: Death comes for us all, it just doesn't matter who you are and what you did.
    In the end, you are facing the simple truth of your choices, and the crushing desire to go back in time and take another path. But you just can't. We only live once. Make that everyday counts, forgive, forget, love and do your best. Don't sell yourself, live in peace with yourself.
    Got out with my eyes in tears, never happened in my adult life just to tear up. The crushing truth overwhelmed me. Just left me with a void in my mind for days.
    Third, my health worsened and started to feel ill only thinking I'm going to work.
    So much for making a turn in my life.
    Hope it's for the best.
    Thank you all for your kind words, it means a lot for me.
    Cheers!

spajdrik and Clanger like this.
  2. Clanger

Clanger Master Guru

GPU:
    igpu
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    It's always a good idea to quit a dead end job. Be it dead end for any reason and you listed quite a few.

(some) people will always tell you not to but this world is full of people who "always know better" than you anyway so just leave it at that.

I would recommend trying to find a job you like and pays enough next so you don't need 2 jobs anymore.

I quit my job for similar reasons a few years back and haven't regretted it once. Next 2 jobs weren't that much better either but currently quite comfortable.
    Had I not quit that job then, I wouldn't be here now.

4. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Please don't leave us. Cut the other one down. ;)

5. Clanger

Clanger Master Guru

GPU:
    igpu
    Money doesnt bring happiness, it just helps you be miserable in better surroundings.

Seems every poster has got the tee shirt on this subject so @anticupidon is in good company. :)

anticupidon likes this.